Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Ecoboost

Ashsimpo19

Hi everyone, looking for some ideas as I’m completely stumped! And just wondering if anyone has had anything like this before! We’ve got a Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost on a 63 plate with 92000 miles, the dreaded low oil pressure light keeps flashing on the dash but it doesn’t stay on long enough for the error message to complete on the infotainment system, I have plugged into the car there are zero fault codes, I’ve changed the oil, filter and oil pressure switch on a recent service, with the fault still happening I decided to strip the car down and check out the oil pump and strainer, after cleaning everything and lubing up I rebuilt and let it run up to temperature on idle then drove the car and no lights or warnings at all. The next day the car was started again and the light returned but still with the same problem as before. Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe next time Google first instead of starting a thread about something that's been discussed here a lot before.

On 3/1/2020 at 9:31 PM, Jeipii said:

Maybe next time Google first instead of starting a thread about something that's been discussed here a lot before.

may be he just didn't encounter the thread, or simply he is not good at searching for a specific issue, I just hope we take things easily, after all this forum is for helping people, and we are all friends here my friend 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

may be he just didn't encounter the thread, or simply he is not good at searching for a specific issue, I just hope we take things easily, after all this forum is for helping people, and we are all friends here my friend 🙂 

It was Ashley's first post on here, so yep we should be kind and welcoming him.

In saying that, the forum for my previous car used to have a joke, that an innocent cute kitten is Shot every time someone posts a topic/question without using the search button!! This was especially true if it was a common question.  I wonder if we should enforce that rule on here, lol. 😛

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jim H said:

It was Ashley's first post on here, so yep we should be kind and welcoming him.

In saying that, the forum for my previous car used to have a joke, that an innocent cute kitten is Shot every time someone posts a topic/question without using the search button!! This was especially true if it was a common question.  I wonder if we should enforce that rule on here, lol.

by the way him or her ? I'm Egyptian so I'm not good at English names, Ashley is a gurl or a boy ?

I'm afraid that If I had just made my first post and had a reply like that I wouldn't be back.   I doubt if we'll hear from Ashley again.   Ahmed it can be either a boy or girl's name.

• Like 2

As said above, it was Ash's first post on here, he/she has not introduced themselves in the New member section, so I don't know. Ashley can be either male or female name (I think with same spelling).

Anyway, we are going too :offtopic: So I hope Ash finds the answer he/she needs.

• Like 1

It might even be Ashleigh....

On 3/1/2020 at 7:31 PM, Jeipii said:

Worth keeping in mind this place is a cars owners forum, not everyone (even probably, most people) who are new here are going to know about searching for prior posts effectively - it isn't like the old gaming or tech enthusiast forums where this was expected just down to the audience being almost guaranteed to be both good with technology and aware of general forum etiquette.  

In the end no harm done if there is a duplicate thread, so just chill out about it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jbell said:

Worth keeping in mind this place is a cars owners forum, not everyone (even probably, most people) who are new here are going to know about searching for prior posts effectively 

Agreed. There have been times when even though I'm sure I've seen a thread on a particular topic, I can't find it by using the search facility. Sometimes it's better to use Google or another search engine which often bring up a link back to this site. Seems to be a problem with the search facility on most forums I've been on.

I sometimes have problems finding previous posts that I have made.😀

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobr said:

I sometimes have problems finding previous posts that I have made.😀

Haha, I was just about to say exactly the same thing!! :laugh:  

The search never has worked properly in the 5 years I've been a member...  The irony is, searching Ford related questions on Google often brings up FOC as the top result! :biggrin: 

Back on topic though, Jeipii isn't UK based and I don't think their first language is English.  I think that post was purely intended to make the OP aware of the search rather than the snide English sacrcasm that it comes across with to us... :wink: 

Unfortunately, Ashley wouldn't have known that.

Love this!😅🤣😂

Q: How many  group members does it take to change a light bulb ?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

17 purists who use candles and are offended by light bulb discussions.

6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jerks.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp'.

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.

49 to post memes and gifs (several are of Michael Jackson eating popcorn with the words added, “I’m just here for the comments.”)

19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.

11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.

24 to discuss the merits of LED/swirly fluorescent light bulbs

44 to claim LED and fluorescent bulbs will kill you.

12 to post F.

8 to ask what F means.

7 to post 'Following' but there's 3 dots at the top right that means you don't have to.

3 to say "can't share"

2 to reply "can't share from a closed group"

36 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.

15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and use their own light bulbs.

6 to report the post or PM an admin because someone said "f÷×$"

4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".

13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that (insert politician of choice) isn't the brightest bulb. This usually takes place within the first three comments.

50 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

5 admins to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.

1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I admit I could've chosen my words more wisely and been more polite. I was just ***** off because sometimes I feel people do not make any effort of finding out about things, but instead immediately ask from others. The aforementioned thread about 1.0 Ecoboost low oil pressure is the second link in Google search when typing "Ecoboost low oil pressure". 

I'm sorry for being sarcastic. I don't want to be that person who scares people away from asking things here. Maybe this is what I should have answered instead:

Have you considered the possibility that your timing belt is breaking up and losing fibres that continuously block the oil pump mesh ? Or maybe the pump has some fibres inside it that you cannot clean without disassembling the whole pump. (if it's even possible to disassemble it?). Anyway, this thread should be useful for more questions about this topic:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club