Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lane Keeping System Graphics - Image Of Car

ShamusUK

Driving back from Manchester along M62 yesterday. Horrendous weather. Heavy rain/sleet and very very windy and blustery. The car remained totally composed. I was impressed.

Anyway, my LKA display normally has a graphic of the car, with the 2 'white lines' on either side. These are green, unless you veer off track, in which case they turn red.

So yesterday, I noticed that the graphic of the car had changed... it now showed little white headlights shining, and also little red rear lights shining. Normally it's just a basic graphic of the car.

I cannot find these examples in the manual, youtube or anywhere else.

Does anyone know what these mean? First I assumed that maybe the fog lamps had been automatically turned on by the Driver Assist package due to the bad weather - but the front/back fog light icons were not lit on the dashboard.

Cheers.

Have you got adaptive cruise control?

27 minutes ago, VFR800 said:

Have you got adaptive cruise control?

Yes, but it was not switched on at the time.

The lights show on the graphic when the headlights are switched on. If it was raining heavily it is likely that the headlights switched on automatically because the wipers were on. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, VFR800 said:

Can you take a picture?

I will ask a passenger to take a photo next time it happens.

Normally the image is of the front half my car with the 'radar beam' in front. If another car is in front, then  the back of the car in front also appears on the display.

On this occasion (on the M62), the image was of the whole car (no radar beam). And the front lights and rear lights were lit on the image. As though it was telling me the lights were on. It was day time, so the auto lights were not on.

I think pcaouolte is correct above.

If all this is true, I am impressed with Ford's attention to detail.

5 minutes ago, ShamusUK said:

I will ask a passenger to take a photo next time it happens.

Normally the image is of the front half my car with the 'radar beam' in front. If another car is in front, then  the back of the car in front also appears on the display.

On this occasion (on the M62), the image was of the whole car (no radar beam). And the front lights and rear lights were lit on the image. As though it was telling me the lights were on. It was day time, so the auto lights were not on.

I think pcaouolte is correct above.

If all this is true, I am impressed with Ford's attention to detail.

Check if you have 'rain lights' selected in the settings menu.  This setting switches the light on when the wipers are on regardless of the ambient light levels.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club