Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7
聽Share

Finally finished my dad's car. Fully machine polished and sealed 馃槉Screenshot_20200327-190917.thumb.png.31660f6b4692da761f51960401621ee0.pngScreenshot_20200327-190924.thumb.png.b292aa7283d2088ca6bc997e434a42c3.pngScreenshot_20200327-190942.thumb.png.93d3cfb9a7c67c2b97da2d2553968a16.png

Had to get myself in here showing two cars I've machine polished and cleaned 馃槀

Screenshot_20200327-190656.png

• Like 4

No way, another TFZ plate!?聽 Both mine and Dad's are TFZ purely by coincidence!! :laugh:聽What are the chances!!

• Like 1

I do like getting home and closing the driveway gates (don't intend to get in the Passat again for the foreseeable) knowing I've got enough food to last me a month and enough alcohol to sink a ship!

Enjoying a Gin & Tonic now with Tanqueray Export Strength gin - mmm... :cool:

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like getting home and closing the driveway gates (don't intend to get in the Passat again for the foreseeable) knowing I've got enough food to last me a month and enough alcohol to sink a ship!

I鈥檝e been trying to stock up enough that I have enough food for a month, but the shops are still absolutely gutted! Can hardly聽get any food, and even if they have stuff there鈥檚 all sorts of restriction on number of items etc

24 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Tried a couple of different Tanqueray gins, haven't tried that one yet though.聽

I'm halfway through my second Bulldog, our favourite gin at the moment 馃憤

3 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

I鈥檝e been trying to stock up enough that I have enough food for a month, but the shops are still absolutely gutted! Can hardly聽get any food, and even if they have stuff there鈥檚 all sorts of restriction on number of items etc

I guess I'm lucky living quite rural as I got to the local Tesco as soon as they opened so I managed to get everything I needed (and plenty meat) but even then the pasta aisle was raided so I had to buy the last pack available which was some name brand at an extortionate price...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I guess I'm lucky living quite rural as I got to the local Tesco as soon as they opened so I managed to get everything I needed (and plenty meat) but even then the pasta aisle was raided so I had to buy the last pack available which was some name brand at an extortionate price...

My income provides for the family consisting of myself, wife and our three kids, and I've had to increase the Shopping bill by 35% per week because there are certain items where only the most expensive variant remains on the shelf,聽

Just now, Lenny said:

My income provides for the family consisting of myself, wife and our three kids, and I've had to increase the Shopping bill by 35% per week because there are certain items where only the most expensive variant remains on the shelf,聽

I hate to think how much more the shopping has been over the last few weeks, nearly everything is the branded stuff, and had to resort to Waitrose to get food. Now there expensive. In normal times we would have gone to Aldi for our shopping and anything else we couldn't get there we went to tesco after. But those shops are now a nightmare to get what you need.聽 Not looked at credit card yet but I'm guessing double.聽

Luckily we both work ( or did ) and have 1 teenager to feed( and a dog 馃悤)聽

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iantt said:

I hate to think how much more the shopping has been over the last few weeks, nearly everything is the branded stuff, and had to resort to Waitrose to get food. Now there expensive. In normal times we would have gone to Aldi for our shopping and anything else we couldn't get there we went to tesco after. But those shops are now a nightmare to get what you need.聽 Not looked at credit card yet but I'm guessing double.聽

Luckily we both work ( or did ) and have 1 teenager to feed( and a dog 馃悤)聽

We used to use Aldi and Tesco then too, and sometimes Iceland have good deals on birds eye products,聽

I forgot to mention our dog too 馃槄 struggled to get tins of "John West Bonless Sardines in Sunflower Oil" for him; hes a Bearnese Beagle and twice per week I mix a tin of the sardines in with a cup full of his dry food.

He enjoys them alot, can hear his lips smacking while I'm mixing the bowl before he gets it 馃槄 the sardines are good for there joints, fur and brain development, hes one year old in may,聽

Depending on dog size determines the quantity; our lad is 23kg so I give him a full tin;聽

Here he is after stealing my unopened can of Monster energy; he didn't bite it luckily and hes very affectionate gives proper hugs when you kneel down to him 馃槄 just likes being chased, also takes tea towels from the counter then sits outside with it for the wife to chase after him; if she doesn't chase; he then brings it to the kitchen window resting his head on the window sill with it in his mouth to show her "look what I've got" 馃槀

20200311_080106.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I like that you used the correct spelling of aisle 馃槆 馃槃馃憤

• Like 1

Do like autobeam sending out their possibly new reverse lights as both mine started going wrong 馃槉.聽

Screenshot_20200329-134416.png

• Like 1

@zain611聽they look no different from what I recall from the set I fitted into my car a few weeks ago (brand new but about a year old). Maybe a revised internal design maybe but from the outside they look the same.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Turvey said:

I like that you used the correct spelling of aisle 馃槆 馃槃馃憤

I didn't realise how common it was for people to spell it incorrectly until recently!聽 If there was an isle inside a supermarket I would be very concerned... :huh:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I didn't realise how common it was for people to spell it incorrectly until recently!聽 If there was an isle inside a supermarket I would be very concerned... :huh:

I don't know, the idea of a drinks isle sounds appealing聽馃槃

Just now, Turvey said:

I don't know, the idea of a drinks isle sounds appealing聽馃槃

That's very true!聽 Just fill it with people who do not have COVID-19 and then we'd be able to ride it out...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

So you're part of the problem, lol.

1 hour ago, Zico said:

@zain611聽they look no different from what I recall from the set I fitted into my car a few weeks ago (brand new but about a year old). Maybe a revised internal design maybe but from the outside they look the same.

Yeah the old ones I have I bought 2 and a half years ago and they were silver. Was just curious if they might of changed things in it in terms of brightness other than the red casing and putting it in the performance range.聽

Update: just was talking about this and got an email from autobeam where I asked about any updates on it.聽

Screenshot_20200329-161139.png

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

So you're part of the problem, lol.

Haha no not quite! I鈥檓 just trying to follow the rules and go to the shops infrequently, but I鈥檓 having to go every day because there鈥檚 just nothing there! I went up last night to try and get a couple of days worth of food, and only managed to get a tub of guacamole.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

Haha no not quite! I鈥檓 just trying to follow the rules and go to the shops infrequently, but I鈥檓 having to go every day because there鈥檚 just nothing there! I went up last night to try and get a couple of days worth of food, and only managed to get a tub of guacamole.

I hope you bought it! :laugh:

In all seriousness go as soon as the store opens (excluding times they reserve for NHS/elderly) and you should get something.聽 That's what I did.

6 hours ago, zain611 said:

Yeah the old ones I have I bought 2 and a half years ago and they were silver. Was just curious if they might of changed things in it in terms of brightness other than the red casing and putting it in the performance range.聽

Update: just was talking about this and got an email from autobeam where I asked about any updates on it.

Ah ok, well to confirm I have the red performance ones which unless they have been changed in the last year should be the same. My previous reverse LED's were the cheap CEUK ones that cost ~拢6.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

I've been eating alphabet potato shapes the last couple of dinners as that's the only frozen potato product I could buy ~10 days ago!聽 Oddly they don't put many F's in the bag, been hoping to spell something rude! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's something I do genuinely like during lockdown...聽 Free virtual tours at various attractions across the world.聽 I've just checked out the Egyptian section of Le Louvre from my lounge! :smile:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-virtual-tours-louvre-british-museum-wall-of-china-exoplanet-nasa-uffizi-van-gogh-salvatore-dali-museum-and-more-3429850?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=position_2_textlink&utm_campaign=29-03-2020

Done our weekly shop at Aldi, very quiet . Got most thing except for pasta and rice. So got replacements for those. Abbot ale replaced the pasta and case of bud replaced the rice.聽

Is it too early to have a bottle of rice??聽

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I've been eating alphabet potato shapes the last couple of dinners as that's the only frozen potato product I could buy ~10 days ago!聽 Oddly they don't put many F's in the bag, been hoping to spell something rude! laugh.png
They take out the 'F' & 'T' letters.
Can't say fairer than that [emoji6] [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G965F

• Haha 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club