Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

6 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

Forecast changed a bit up here so it’s not looking as nice for tomorrow now. 

Conspiracy theory - the government are controlling the forecast to discourage people from going to the beach...?

Really?  Here it has actually got a bit better!!

15 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Really?  Here it has actually got a bit better!!

Maybe I’m just looking at the wrong forecast! I use Apple weather and tbh it’s never right. 

56 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I do like going out to take mum to the shop to get some stuff. Made me feel happier. 

I also went and used this touch up paint to cover the stone chips on the front. Wasn't bothered covering all of them but focused on the ones which you can spot from a normal distance. There was a scrap mark which I covered up and its hard to see it from a glimpse now

Screenshot_20200404-154034.png

That's what I'm doing tomorrow (on my Birthday)
Off to get some shopping for Mum and Auntie then spending the day on the car,
Got my touch up paint for chips and hopefully can polish out some scuffs.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RAIDER32 said:

That's what I'm doing tomorrow (on my Birthday)
Off to get some shopping for Mum and Auntie then spending the day on the car,
Got my touch up paint for chips and hopefully can polish out some scuffs.

Will you be changing your profile name to Raider33 then 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Will you be changing your profile name to Raider33 then 

If was age it would be RAIDER44 ☹️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not sure whether to post this in 'Things I do like' or 'Things I don't like'...

Virtual car meet on Facebook tomorrow, so needed to take a photo today to 'bring along'. As its virtual I thought I'd bring both of my cars :thumbup1:

Cars.jpg

• Like 3

Perhaps the caption should have been: Now which of my Ford engined performance cars do I want to not drive today? :thumbdown:

• Like 2

Virtual car meet - that’s a great idea!

• Like 2

Just spoke to my son and he told me he is making medical parts for Mercedes's F1, land rover, and Harley Davidson at the engineering works he started as apprentice a few months ago. 

That must be for the ventilators there making.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You lot aren't going to be like this are you when drinking, 😂

• Haha 3

Finished off cleaning the ST this morning with a full interior clean. Even put leather care balm on the seats :thumbsup:

Next weekend I'll do Mrs. TimST2's Mercedes GLC, although that's a big car so it going to be a bit of a slog :thumbdown:

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Finished off cleaning the ST this morning with a full interior clean. Even put leather care balm on the seats :thumbsup:

Next weekend I'll do Mrs. TimST2's Mercedes GLC, although that's a big car so it going to be a bit of a slog :thumbdown:

Done the same on my Mondeo, never been so clean in and out, even under the bonnet. It's taken me all week as I get bored easily. Still, got nothing else to do except a bit of gardening. Leather seats smell nice with leather care balm. 

This week coming I will be doing the fiesta in and out. That will take some cleaning as I tend to just give it a wash once every few months. 

Then week after it will be Peter the Peugeot 

• Like 3

I bought some Lynx Collision shower gel when it was on offer...new scent apparently.  Tried it today and thought it smelt like the Mk2.5 Focus!! 😮

Read the small print and it's meant to smell of leather & cookies....I can't get the cookies but the leather definitely comes across! :laugh: 

• Like 2

Not sure if any of you will even be remotely interested in this but it was linked on a local retro car page on Facebook and I've just spent a good 10 minutes watching it!  Nothing happens, it's just pretty cool seeing all the 'old' cars and how the roads/shops have changed in the last 20 years!  :biggrin:  

Also note how the standard of driving is pretty similar...poor lane discipline, not indicating, rolling back on hills, etc! :laugh:  Oh, and check out that graphic equalizer! :wink: 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Not sure if any of you will even be remotely interested in this but it was linked on a local retro car page on Facebook and I've just spent a good 10 minutes watching it!  Nothing happens, it's just pretty cool seeing all the 'old' cars and how the roads/shops have changed in the last 20 years!  :biggrin:  

Also note how the standard of driving is pretty similar...poor lane discipline, not indicating, rolling back on hills, etc! :laugh:  Oh, and check out that graphic equalizer! :wink: 

This is something I love about this country. Everything seems to look the same and maintain that history. Only way you know something is old is by looking at the cars that are about and the video quality 

• Like 2

@TimST2 do you want my spare set of red gel overlays for the front air vents on the ST? I ended up with two sets from a Secret Santa gift but only just got round to putting them on my car yesterday :happy:.

**Edit** Oooh, just remembered I also got a 'Rottweiler on board' internal sticker as well. Will put that on in a bit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

@TimST2 do you want my spare set of red gel overlays for the front air vents on the ST? I ended up with two sets from a Secret Santa gift but only just got round to putting them on my car yesterday :happy:.

Thanks for the offer @Zico. Do you mean the red rings that go around the vents in the dash?

I won't if that's okay. I'm keeping mine original (apart from the aerial of course). I personally like the standard (with Style Pack) styling a lot. The only thing I do think would look good is a Mountune badge on the back. I keep finding myself revisiting the idea of getting the MP215 kit fitted...

• Like 1

@RAIDER32 forgot to say happy birthday to you 😊. Do send some before and after pictures if you can of the touch up. Here was a before shot of that mark I had. 

Screenshot_20200404-170155.png

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@RAIDER32 forgot to say happy birthday to you

I hope you sang it while washing your hands 😂🤣 #Stayhome

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

Thanks for the offer @Zico. Do you mean the red rings that go around the vents in the dash?

I won't if that's okay. I'm keeping mine original (apart from the aerial of course). I personally like the standard (with Style Pack) styling a lot. The only thing I do think would look good is a Mountune badge on the back. I keep finding myself revisiting the idea of getting the MP215 kit fitted...

Yes, the dash vents. I'm not too fond of chrome, and although they are one of the few pieces of chrome in the car (the only? forgot about door handles), I'm happier now that it's covered. The vents aren't exactly something you stare at all day so it's taken me 5 years to cover them :laughing:.

As for the MP215, I get the annual temptation when the Mountune offers come up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I hope you sang it while washing your hands 😂🤣 #Stayhome

I have my home made hand sanitiser in my room to clean my hands with 😂

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I have my home made hand sanitiser in my room to clean my hands with 😂

When the vaccine is available you can then drink it to celebrate instead of putting it on your hands 😅

giphy.gif.233ab5be41d7cb43866211965c790f48.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

When the vaccine is available you can then drink it to celebrate instead of putting it on your hands 😅

giphy.gif.233ab5be41d7cb43866211965c790f48.gif

I'll either be in the hospital or extremely drunk 😂

Starting to hate being in my room all day on my laptop. Just want to get my assessments out the way and do something at home to occupy myself. I'm ruminating very badly and feel so miserable 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I'll either be in the hospital or extremely drunk 😂

Starting to hate being in my room all day on my laptop. Just want to get my assessments out the way and do something at home to occupy myself. I'm ruminating very badly and feel so miserable 

I saw you post something similar to this before and I genuinely tried to think of suggestions to post but couldn't think of much; 

If atall possible pass time by calculating future savings plans or if you keep files take time to sort them out and dispose of anything not required; tidy up loose cables if there are any.

Perhaps install an aftermarket headunit in the car as then you could pass more time fitting a reverse camera or tv tuner, lol 

I could use a hand Monday- Saturday on a few chemical processes but your too far away, 

Even go through your computer and minimize data storage.

I'm working six days in work manufacturing pharmaceuticals and working on a blue belt six sigma project in my spare time which is set to save atleast ten hours on a cleaning process making that time available for production.

I have a phone in the attic which I intend on wiring in when I get time, 

Have you any spare sheets of mdf and a jig saw? 

It's the right time of year to make a bird house or a little cottage using some ply wood and a jig saw 🤷‍♂️

Or even a lollipop stick ice-cream shop 

20191228_153015.thumb.jpg.2798b714a03d56a3c2e68a536a42c1ee.jpg

20191228_153051.thumb.jpg.536fbe9b2f4f3b83902dcafdaa162455.jpg

• Like 2