Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like getting my new phone today! Only an hour after they said it would be as well, owing to our location I was only expecting it tomorrow!

Hopefully I'll get more than a couple of hours without having to recharge like I'm having to do just now.

• Like 4

I do like a lot when i had to get a new heated seat switch for £40 new but forgot i have Nectar points off eBay i have never used so got another saving of £15..Great.

Never use nectar now only on eBay so had to be used.

• Like 2

I like getting these installed yesterday 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Ah now those are worth the money compared to high beams!!  I do like a sequential indicator!  :biggrin: 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah now those are worth the money compared to high beams!!  I do like a sequential indicator!  :biggrin: 

They certainly are! Think the black lens looks really good with the white of the car too!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

They certainly are! Think the black lens looks really good with the white of the car too!

agreed, black and white go great as a combo on cars, you should get some black or dark grey rims too 👍

wanted some dark grey rims for the mondeo, but at nearly 200 a wheel without even accounting for the cost of new larger 19" tyres (i have 18" atm), it's a pipe dream for now lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Incontro said:

agreed, black and white go great as a combo on cars, you should get some black or dark grey rims too 👍

wanted some dark grey rims for the mondeo, but at nearly 200 a wheel without even accounting for the cost of new larger 19" tyres (i have 18" atm), it's a pipe dream for now lol

That is something I'm certainly considering, might get some of the facelift ST-Line or ST-Line X rims, or the 17 inch upgrade wheels from later pre-facelift MK3's.

5 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Our son has these fitted to his Fiesta, he's the first one up here to get them so he was chuffed with that. They look really good and I'm wanting to get some for the Qashqai sometime. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Zico said:

@dtulip8 are they the Autobeam smoked ones?

They’re the CEUK ones, lost patience with  waiting for the Autobeam ones to be back in stock.

5 hours ago, Turvey said:

Our son has these fitted to his Fiesta, he's the first one up here to get them so he was chuffed with that. They look really good and I'm wanting to get some for the Qashqai sometime. 

That’s interesting, bet he enjoyed being the centre of attention with them! Definitely a worthwhile mod. 

• Like 1

Let's just have a laugh over Boris 😂

• Haha 1

@TomsFocus think it may arrive today judging by the update 😬😀

Screenshot_20200522-125255.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus think it may arrive today judging by the update 😬😀

Screenshot_20200522-125255.png

"Entered the Hermes network"  Good guess haha!

Hermes is generally 3-5 days delivery.

Has it arrived yet? :biggrin:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

"Entered the Hermes network"  Good guess haha!

Hermes is generally 3-5 days delivery.

Has it arrived yet? :biggrin:

It finally arrived 😀. Carefully took the headlights down from the loft and hopefully soon will get started ppfing them. Wish me luck. Hope it comes out well 

Screenshot_20200522-132627.png

• Like 4

Gonna start the wrapping very soon. Cut the ppf to a decent size. Wish me luck 

Screenshot_20200522-144758.png

Screenshot_20200522-144805.png

• Like 2

I do like my first attempt at powder coating going very well. Tested on a big M14 bolt, coated the threaded section black and the finish is amazing. Went for full coverage on the threaded bit and it was hanging by the head so I wasn’t trying to cover the full thing. 

Powder coating gives an excellent finish for minimal effort, compared to painting where maximum effort still produces an average finish at best!

25688992-AFEF-4C63-B04B-3442CE430A2A.jpeg

• Like 5

I do like getting a delivery of giant Wotsits from Sainsburys the other day. I may have had a bag or two already :eat:

• Like 2

Was a long day but got them covered. Will leave them overnight then tomorrow hopefully will trim it down. There's a few bubbles which I hope will disappear after a few days / weeks when it's out in the sun. Left the garage heater on to help 

Screenshot_20200522-223544.png

Anyone else think these look good? Hard to see the bubbles from a normal distance 

• Like 2

@zain611 they look good. Have you powered them up yet to see if they work ok?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Zico said:

@zain611 they look good. Have you powered them up yet to see if they work ok?

Thanks Zico. Just looked at them today and look good. Think they look a bit better now though have to leave them for several days to see if the water spots go away. Most people say they'll go. 

Haven't plugged them in yet. Thankfully no wiring is required. Want to sort this wrapping out and then rewire the halo lights then plug these in 😁

• Like 1

I do like that despite not stockpiling toilet paper, I still have enough and if I want to buy more then the supermarkets (round here at least) are now "out the door" with stock as people no longer buy it.  Wonder if those people are feeling slightly stupid now? :confused:

• Like 4

I do like these cans of Monster Espresso 👍

It's not carbonated, no fizz just flat, needs to be kept cold though 

Had my first one yesterday; not cheap at €3 per can but they are very nice and creamy like baileys without the alcohol 

20200524_113723.thumb.jpg.590a6a07fd9f43ea6917b8cff90dab2f.jpg

• Like 2

How the headlights are looking at the moment. Haven't touched them since Friday. Hopefully tomorrow dad will trim the edges then its good to go

Screenshot_20200524-123031.png

• Like 2

On 5/23/2020 at 1:41 PM, jmurray01 said:

I do like that despite not stockpiling toilet paper, I still have enough and if I want to buy more then the supermarkets (round here at least) are now "out the door" with stock as people no longer buy it.  Wonder if those people are feeling slightly stupid now? :confused:

Apparently the excessive purchasing of toilet rolls was not an effort to ensure clean bottoms in isolation but more of a psychological comfort, seems purchasing large items makes us feel more comfortable; which then subconsciously affected other people whom were panicked and didn't know what to do; saw others purchasing large quantities of large items such as toilet rolls; and the frenzy began;

Bags of apples and grapes also flew off the shelves although they would expire in a matter of days; it filled the trolley making them feel more comfortable and secure 

• Like 1

The dog is trying to tell our son that those Walkers crisps are bad for him and that he will happily dispose of them 😂

20200524_134905.thumb.jpg.73f815d9c9ac7716ab2337a99e84b0f0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1