Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like that I have ordered the Autobeam sequential indicators the other night with the 25% off code (which only brings it back to the normal price without VAT and delivery but hey ho).

One small thing I hadn't considered is that I have barely driven at all in the last 2 months so they're going to be as useful as a chocolate fire guard for the short term :laugh: .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Started sandblasting the paint off my motorbike foot pegs today ready for powder coating. Had to modify the sand blasting cabinet I bought as the air seal on the inlet was terrible!

Sand blasting is quite painstaking, but satisfying!

AF9D0428-245B-4447-AC2C-7668E3DB0D4A.jpeg

• Like 3

I do like putting on a Guns N' Roses tape, haven't listened to their music in over 10 years, got out of the heavy metal "phase" but still enjoy it from time to time.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like putting on a Guns N' Roses tape, haven't listened to their music in over 10 years, got out of the heavy metal "phase" but still enjoy it from time to time.

Was meant to be seeing them in Glasgow next month 🙄 maybe next year 🤞😎

20200524_130827.thumb.jpg.f9d86c83fb65f89177bf83bc4d9962ea.jpg

back to drinking in the garden this weekend 👍

Little single use BBQ on the scaffold ladder 

• Like 4

On 3/21/2020 at 9:35 AM, TomsFocus said:

Depends where you drive normally.  The bottom may get less muddy and there's less brake dust for the wheels, but the dust on top is worse!  I rarely drive at weekends, the windscreen is always thick with dust, grit & pollen on a Monday morning!!  Not to mention bird dirt mostly occurs when parked as well...oh, and spider webs in every nook and cranny! 

Well I lasted 2 months. Despite only driving it about 3 miles in that time, the dust is now unacceptable, so the ST will be getting washed tomorrow evening. No need for snow foam, fallout remover or an interior clean this time though. A quick pressure wash, shampoo and spray wax should do it 👍

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Well I lasted 2 months. Despite only driving it about 3 miles in that time, the dust is now unacceptable, so the ST will be getting washed tomorrow evening. No need for snow foam, fallout remover or an interior clean this time though. A quick pressure wash, shampoo and spray wax should do it 👍

I'm averaging 7 miles a week atm.  It was looking pretty grim when I went shopping on Friday...so much that I considered washing it when I got back, but the shopping trip itself was more than enough for one day.  Anyway, we had a massive downpour on Saturday and that's sort of cleaned it! :laugh:  Only problem is the annoying 'bumper shelf' that's now coated in all the muck from the bootlid above. :unsure: 

No intentions to wash it though...will be changing car later this year and I expect it'll get traded in for 50p and either pushed through auction or scrapped.

• Like 1

I do like finally answering the question, "will that old ReadyBed fit in my Focus Estate"......yes it will, like a glove.
302068950_2020-05-25STMisc092621.thumb.jpg.059f2f164f96d6e7f9bf8038edc46a07.jpg

• Like 4

I invested in an amazon Basics car cover during the first week of lock down, and it's done a stirling job of protecting the car from dust and the local pigeons... That was until last week when I took it in for a service and it got coated in dust while I had the cover off for a couple of days. 

If anyone is thinking of a car cover then the Basics one is actually very good, but the Mondeo's long bonnet means the 510 size doesn't quite fit over the front valance. 

• Like 2

On 5/24/2020 at 2:56 PM, Zico said:

I do like that I have ordered the Autobeam sequential indicators the other night with the 25% off code (which only brings it back to the normal price without VAT and delivery but hey ho).

One small thing I hadn't considered is that I have barely driven at all in the last 2 months so they're going to be as useful as a chocolate fire guard for the short term :laugh: .

I was contemplating on getting some performance indicators but was busy yesterday and it was late so wasn't sure. 

• Like 1

Thought I might do an update on the devil eye headlights. Nearly finished. Trimmed the ppf and hoping it stays in place, fitted autobeam performance indicators which I had on the rear, fitted the performance H1 LED in the front and cut a whole in the dust cap. Now just need to rewire the halo lights into the wiring loom rather than the headlights so I don't have to keep disconnecting the halos with the headlights when I ever have to remove it and worry about the corrosion in the plugs. Then can plug the headlights on. Happy how clear it looks with the ppf applied. 

Screenshot_20200526-013120.png

Screenshot_20200526-013109.png

Screenshot_20200526-013052.png

_20200526_013035.JPG

Screenshot_20200526-012951.png

• Like 3

21 hours ago, RAIDER32 said:

I do like finally answering the question, "will that old ReadyBed fit in my Focus Estate"......yes it will, like a glove.
302068950_2020-05-25STMisc092621.thumb.jpg.059f2f164f96d6e7f9bf8038edc46a07.jpg

I like it! Is it useable with the seats not quite flat?

I’ve been thinking about whether the top half of the seats will come out to get it fully flat...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

I like it! Is it useable with the seats not quite flat?

I’ve been thinking about whether the top half of the seats will come out to get it fully flat...

They go 95% flat when you pull the seat base out first,

20200526_133900.thumb.jpg.37dd802e00268507b1c70abdf6ff9a57.jpg

I used to work with someone who had a Mk2.5 Focus like me at the time, he'd had it quite a while,
we loaded something large into his car once and I pull the base out to make the back fold flat and he didn't know they did that,
I could tell because there was tons of rubbish from his grand kids lol.

Don't think my cars previous owner ever pulled up the seats either, he had kids too and this is what I found down there.

410962540_2019-08-17STCleaning104233.thumb.jpg.3579619abbdeb4b33f436f19809635a2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The new headlights are on now. Really love them 😁. Hope now the ppf stays in place. It thankfully is hard to see the bubbles in it. 

Screenshot_20200526-161549.png

Screenshot_20200526-161600.png

• Like 5

Just now, zain611 said:

The new headlights are on now. Really love them 😁. Hope now the ppf stays in place. It thankfully is hard to see the bubbles in it. 

Screenshot_20200526-161549.png

Screenshot_20200526-161600.png

Really Transforms the front and side of the vehicle 

• Like 3

I do like spending a few hours out in the back garden today, clear blue skies and a breeze perfect for tanning if you take a tan, unlike me who just goes red :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I do like the new standard for eyesight requirements for driving 😎

100644870_10157493807442998_1822615426991915008_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Did a little video showing them off

• Like 2

In another vain attempt to bump this one as opposed to the other thread, I like this name for how I would play golf

101109543_10158254414704030_3668428487745601536_o.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2020 at 9:25 AM, TomsFocus said:

I'm averaging 7 miles a week atm.  It was looking pretty grim when I went shopping on Friday...so much that I considered washing it when I got back, but the shopping trip itself was more than enough for one day.  Anyway, we had a massive downpour on Saturday and that's sort of cleaned it! :laugh:  Only problem is the annoying 'bumper shelf' that's now coated in all the muck from the bootlid above. :unsure: 

No intentions to wash it though...will be changing car later this year and I expect it'll get traded in for 50p and either pushed through auction or scrapped.

I washed Mrs. TimST2's Mercedes GLC yesterday too. I think that had probably done less than 30 miles in the last 2 months. So 10 times the amount the ST has covered, but still not enough to warrant snow foam or an interior clean.

I'm back running in the Caterham now, and that's probably done about 180 miles since lockdown easing. I'm planning a couple of drives out this weekend early in the morning, so I guess that'll get a wash on Sunday evening. It'll take a bit of a different approach though - no pressure wash and no snow foam given the lack of roof and amount of vents on the bonnet. I'm also looking forward to giving the Gtechniq C2 a try.

• Like 3

On 4/14/2020 at 2:01 PM, Turvey said:

Workmatee of mine won this a couple of months ago! 😲

Screenshot_20200414-135939.png

Remember this? Apparently (allegedly) it's been hit by a drunk driver this afternoon! The driver also hit 2 other cars and has caused a main road to be closed. 

https://www.orcadian.co.uk/road-accident-in-holm-update/

• Sad 4

I do like competing my jigsaw today...  Thought it'd be interesting as I'm into history and genuinely wondering how they did it without an aerial photography!  But even at that size you can't read the names without squinting, poor choice of subject but it passed a few hours!! :biggrin:

PS - I do like the 17th century approach to spelling...  Unsure of how to spell something?  Just whack an E on the ende! :laugh:

IMG_20200527_121719492.thumb.jpg.273ace80aab8af6f822f5198335e5932.jpg

IMG_20200527_160333754_HDR.thumb.jpg.a7e628fbf54bb8597244e4be5ec9eaca.jpg

• Like 2

Oh, I also like having my cupboard shelf back in the cupboard!! :lol:

• Like 2

I do like the multiple Apaches that have flown over the house in the last two days. Yesterday had at least three separate flights of two, followed by another pair earlier this afternoon.

I have tweeted the British Army Army Air Corp to ask if I've upset them :laugh:

• Like 3

I do like the multiple Apaches that have flown over the house in the last two days. Yesterday had at least three separate flights of two, followed by another pair earlier this afternoon.
I have tweeted the British Army to ask if I've upset them laugh.png
You don't live near Wattisham do you?
Either that or near a training area?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk