Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

16 hours ago, Incontro said:

get house first then car 🙂 you spend far more time in one than the other, plus having a bad car will only scare away the gold diggers 😉

Lol you did get me giggling reading that 😂. Well at the moment I'm heartbroken over a girl I liked who I haven't seen in a few years which I recently heard might be married. Trying to move on and not get those thoughts of wanting to find someone else soon. 

All comes down to my salary. London properties are too much with flats being from £350k. Was looking just up north in Northampton and 2 bed flats start from around £120k so hopefully can afford a deposit for that. Might then see if I can get another one then start saving for a car whilst I'll hopefully have 2 properties on rent. Then might look at getting more then hopefully I might start looking for someone to get married to. I'm done with this illegitimate relationship I had with that girl in school so I think best I find someone in the family or family friends. I hope there's girls still single when I'm 26-27 😅

Ever since I heard about this girl might be married I just felt heartbroken but in a good note has brought me closer to my religion. I started watching these religious videos and they give such a logical answer to why its forbidden to have a boyfriend / girlfriend relationship and that's exactly whats happened to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lol you did get me giggling reading that 😂. Well at the moment I'm heartbroken over a girl I liked who I haven't seen in a few years which I recently heard might be married. Trying to move on and not get those thoughts of wanting to find someone else soon. 

All comes down to my salary. London properties are too much with flats being from £350k. Was looking just up north in Northampton and 2 bed flats start from around £120k so hopefully can afford a deposit for that. Might then see if I can get another one then start saving for a car whilst I'll hopefully have 2 properties on rent. Then might look at getting more then hopefully I might start looking for someone to get married to. I'm done with this illegitimate relationship I had with that girl in school so I think best I find someone in the family or family friends. I hope there's girls still single when I'm 26-27 😅

Ever since I heard about this girl might be married I just felt heartbroken but in a good note has brought me closer to my religion. I started watching these religious videos and they give such a logical answer to why its forbidden to have a boyfriend / girlfriend relationship and that's exactly whats happened to me. 

There are plenty of single girls at 27!  Only trouble is most of them are already divorced with 2 kids by that age! :laugh:  

I'd like to start property developing...  Maybe you could buy the properties, I could do them up and we split the profits as a joint venture... :biggrin: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

There are plenty of single girls at 27!  Only trouble is most of them are already divorced with 2 kids by that age! :laugh:  

I'd like to start property developing...  Maybe you could buy the properties, I could do them up and we split the profits as a joint venture... :biggrin: 

I was thinking of just buying properties, putting them on rent then slowly increase that passive income. I'd be happy if I can get enough so that the income I'm getting from rent is enough to pay for my monthly mortgage for a house I might live in if I do get married. 

Lol you might be right. There was a video I was watching of a guy who sadly got stabbed by a old school friend and saying after he recovered he met a divorcee with a child. He was 22 and she was 27 however they both are really lovely together. To be honest I think Id want to be with a single girl as getting married to a divorcee / widow they won't experience that same happiness in weddings etc as they already experienced it. 

Been looking at what car I might get after hopefully getting 2 properties. Was looking at a porsche cayman from 2013 as they do look nice. Will make certain people think you have money. Insurance is surprisingly cheap near around £1000 plus they are reliable. I'd try though and get a GT4 body kit on it. Start from around £25k which I think is cheap. Do also like the audi RS6 from 2015 though they start at £40k but slowly beginning to get cheaper due to the new one now on sale. Also insurance is about £1550 and that worry ab repairs if things go wrong however the only common problem I hear is the wheels buckling.

Thing is it all comes down to my income. I have some money saved up which I'll use to pay for next year's car insurance. I also have free travel so hopefully I'll not spend as much on my first year's income. I think I'll probably start off at least at £18500 after tax

• Like 1

Just looking at your post from Monday.  Can you come round and do my car?  😀

• Like 2

6 hours ago, zain611 said:

I certainly hope so given I'll be 25 this year and it'll be a year or two before I'm ready to "start looking" :laugh:

Our religions differ slightly I think (Christian from a Catholic family) but as long as it has brought you closer to God then that's a good thing.  Everything does happen for a reason. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Just looking at your post from Monday.  Can you come round and do my car?  😀

Photoshoot or clean 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I certainly hope so given I'll be 25 this year and it'll be a year or two before I'm ready to "start looking" :laugh:

Our religions differ slightly I think (Christian from a Catholic family) but as long as it has brought you closer to God then that's a good thing.  Everything does happen for a reason. 

I always used to think you were in your 40-50s by how mature, respectable and religious you are 😅. Yeah I think your right. This might be crazy but I've had a few coincidence in terms of this relationship I've had with this girl. Back in secondary school when I finished reading my holy book for the first time it was the next day after this girl started liking me then 4 months back I started my routine prayers and a month after a week before lockdown I heard that this girl might be married however its brought me closer to religion and I've started watching more religious vids on YouTube. 

There are girls out there single at that age obviously. I liked a girl who was a family friend and well recently heard she's 6 years older than me so 28. I rarely start liking someone at first sight. I don't know however if she's married now as I heard my grandparents went to someones engagement and wondering if it's her. 

I did watch a video of someone talking about his experience with arrange marriage. This guy was 30 and an entrepreneurs. His mum introduced him to someone, they went out for a coffee and he was really interested in her. Sadly however she said she wasn't. A year or two after his mum introduced him to someone else and they both were in love with each other and married. Now I used to be against arranged marriages but seeing stories like this along with that I don't want to get into a illegitimate relationship again and get my heart broken again I think it's a good thing as it's not like your with that person for a long time before getting your parents involved and it might not working out. I think you might start to get those desires of getting married at this age (I feel like I have but likely that might be because I want to move on from the last girl) but you want to be sure your ready for it both mentally and financially. 

I think that if I did get married now that means I'll have to save for a house then spend most of my wages for a mortgage and likely can't get a nice car. If hopefully I do get a few properties whilst single that rent money could pay most or all the monthly mortgage bills for a house I'll live in so basically save most of my wages for myself and get stuff I want. 

Something I'll say to you is dont get into a boyfriend girlfriend relationship unless you have your folks involved as it can break your heart if you were together for a while but then your parents go against it. With the girl I liked for example she was a decent girl, I believe her parents followed their religion however going past that 'love' I might have for her I noticed she was quite restricted with herself. I noticed she wouldn't go on school trips, I remember she hesitated when one of her friends in college tried to hug her and generally she just hanged around only with her close friend who I think might of been related to her as she told me they both went to the same weddings. If she is married it's likely a family member which I'd be happy with rather than her finding another guy outside. 

Sadly with me I don't really have a big family with many girls near my age so probably gonna have to dive deep into the family and family friends and see if there's a decent girl somewhere. 

13 hours ago, zain611 said:

Photoshoot or clean 😂

yeah both cheers  😀

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

yeah both cheers  😀

If your not far from me I don't mind 😄

After 15 years of no motorcycle, going to a motorcycle dealer and ordering a new motor scooter and a new outfit 😁

• Like 2

Went down to the local dump today to get rid of my old TV (which I fixed/broke) and when in behind a nice old Land Rover defender in a pretty cool off-road spec, and orange paint. I’m not a huge fan of a Land Rover, but when I got out of my ST he complemented it massively and said it was an absolutely great looking car! Made my day. 

• Like 4

I do like receiving my new laptop battery today...  Looks surprisingly genuine given the price... :laugh: 

Anything specific I should do with it?  I'm planning to just bang it in at 3pm then leave it plugged in and switched off until I got to bed....

Edit - Just noticed the new one is 4910mAh but the old one was 4200...  Presumably that just means it'll last longer right?  No idea what the original was!

• Like 2

Here's something interesting...  

Just watching an old Midsommer Murders and noted they had a high spec MK2 Mondeo in purple and a saloon rather than a hatch...  Can't have been many made!

Anyway, it's still on the road amazingly, MOT'd in January...I wonder if the current owner knows it's famous?  It's T305 MLL if anyone on here owns it. :biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

when I got out of my ST he complemented it massively and said it was an absolutely great looking car! Made my day. 

Took me one day to get a compliment lol, fuelled it up the day after I got it and guy on way out of garage shop said 'nice car mate',
I've had about 5-6 compliments in the 10 months I've had it....does make your day.

• Like 4

I do like receiving my new laptop battery today...  Looks surprisingly genuine given the price... [emoji23] 
Anything specific I should do with it?  I'm planning to just bang it in at 3pm then leave it plugged in and switched off until I got to bed....
Edit - Just noticed the new one is 4910mAh but the old one was 4200...  Presumably that just means it'll last longer right?  No idea what the original was!
I'd run a calibration cycle on it-

https://www.howtogeek.com/172271/how-to-calibrate-your-laptops-battery-for-accurate-battery-life-estimates/

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RAIDER32 said:

Took me one day to get a compliment lol, fuelled it up the day after I got it and guy on way out of garage shop said 'nice car mate',
I've had about 5-6 compliments in the 10 months I've had it....does make your day.

I get a few compliments about my car. Yesterday a euro car parts delivery came. The driver knows my dad. He asked me about my car and how well I keep it clean. Also noticed the headlights I changed. Most people mention the red dashboard and if its factory. Most compliments come from people I start having a conversation with though 😅

• Like 2

Currently on 4 hours use from the new laptop battery so far...and still got 1 hour remaining on the range... :unsure: 

Trying to drain it for the calibration but will be annoyed if it dies in the middle of something. :laugh: 

22 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Currently on 4 hours use from the new laptop battery so far...and still got 1 hour remaining on the range... :unsure: 

Trying to drain it for the calibration but will be annoyed if it dies in the middle of something. :laugh: 

My laptop lasts about 2 hours before needing a charge. Doesn't help when I go uni as I have to plan what time is best to use it. 

Just now, zain611 said:

My laptop lasts about 2 hours before needing a charge. Doesn't help when I go uni as I have to plan what time is best to use it. 

battery warning has just come on so I've plugged it in now.  That makes about 4.5 hours of charge!  Can't complain about that. :biggrin:  The old battery was barely managing 45 minutes!  

Are you allowed to plug it in at Uni anywhere?  There must be loads of students needing to charge laptops throughout the day.

• Like 1

I think I can get about 3 hours out of mine (original battery in a 2016 Acer ES1-571) so that's not too bad, but as I said before I hardly ever use the battery and keep it plugged in so that's probably why it still performs well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Battery warning has just come on so I've plugged it in now.  That makes about 4.5 hours of charge!  Can't complain about that. :biggrin:  The old battery was barely managing 45 minutes!  

Are you allowed to plug it in at Uni anywhere?  There must be loads of students needing to charge laptops throughout the day.

I used to take the charger but after some time I've noticed when the wires get bent too much in my bag the laptop says plugged in not charging and can be annoying trying to fix it. Sometimes I used to get the computers from the uni locker. I'm not sure if UCL has those though I don't think I'll be going there now due to my dissertation work and no more classes

• Like 1

Love how aggressive the car looks in the night. Actually looks like an audi with the DRLs 

Screenshot_20200615-203223.png

• Like 2

On 4/14/2020 at 2:01 PM, Turvey said:

Workmatee of mine won this a couple of months ago! 😲

Screenshot_20200414-135939.png

Another competition won car coming up to Orkney! 

A 21 year old 'boy' 🙄😃 won this last night! Apparently, allegedly, he only bought 1 ticket! 

104492260_1015303072268045_4753266466523744247_o.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/11/2020 at 12:10 PM, TomsFocus said:

There's loads of single girls in the 20 something age bracket working in animal welfare, around 90% of the workforce are 20 somethings.  At the rescue I volunteer at, I can think of at least 4 who are single, one of whom is 27 this year. None have kids, nor are divorced but they all have at least one dog, most have 2 & a few have cats & horses

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club