Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

On 6/19/2020 at 5:11 PM, dtulip8 said:

Do like just being out and about in the car today. I don’t however like getting constant -200 errors!

I normally screenshot the picture then I'm able to upload it 👍

• Like 1

So the ST had a service and passed its MOT today, but needs new discs and pads all round. I declined Ford's offer doing that, knowing that I could buy the Mountune grooved discs and fast road pad upgrade and fit myself for less. Has anyone tried them? They seem to get good reviews...

https://www.mountunestore.com/collections/mk7-fiesta-st

Tbh, anything Mountune based is always a good punt.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Tbh, anything Mountune based is always a good punt.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mind you, it seems I can get a full set of OEM discs and pads from Rates Ford for £218£234, which is quite a lot less than the £515 the Mountune set would cost... 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Mind you, it seems I can get a full set of OEM discs and pads from Rates Ford for £218, which is quite a lot less than the £515 the Mountune set would cost... 🤔

I've got them saved on my eBay, keep meaning to ask my indi garage if they would fit them,
Obviously they won't warranty stuff they didn't sell, but it's OEM parts so you know what you're getting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Mind you, it seems I can get a full set of OEM discs and pads from Rates Ford for £218, which is quite a lot less than the £515 the Mountune set would cost... 🤔

Did that last year when eBay had codes floating around. Took them in with my service in March and the garage done them without any hassle. I've not driven the ST fast enough or long enough to need uprated pads and discs (though I did get the brake hoses changed to Goodridge ones).

• Like 3

I'm going to fit the brakes myself (it's an easy job). Buying Mountune brakes would be cheaper than Ford supplying and fitting standard brakes, and it's something I've been talking about for a while,  but now I've seen how much Rates Ford are selling standard brakes for it's difficult to ignore that saving...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I'm going to fit the brakes myself (it's an easy job). Buying Mountune brakes would be cheaper than Ford supplying and fitting standard brakes, and it's something I've been talking about for a while,  but now I've seen how much Rates Ford are selling standard brakes for it's difficult to ignore that saving...

Why are they the only 2 options?  You could get some better performance brakes priced somewhere between the two surely?

Discs are largely similar as long as you don't go for anything supercheap.  It's pads where you should spend the money.  Redstuff pads are low dust which might be helpful for keeping the alloys clean.  Or DS2500 if you intend to track it...

If the Ford ones from Rates are Motorcraft, avoid them like Corona!  Poor performance and tonnes of dust! 

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Why are they the only 2 options?  You could get some better performance brakes priced somewhere between the two surely?

Discs are largely similar as long as you don't go for anything supercheap.  It's pads where you should spend the money.  Redstuff pads are low dust which might be helpful for keeping the alloys clean.  Or DS2500 if you intend to track it...

If the Ford ones from Rates are Motorcraft, avoid them like Corona!  Poor performance and tonnes of dust! 

I just had a chat to Rates Ford and they confirmed that £234 is for original discs and pads (not Motorcraft), which is a 40% discount.

Part numbers: 1780880, 5382847, 1751584 and 1860476.

As for Mountune vs Ford - the car wont be tracked (I have another toy for that), but before finding the deal from Rates Ford upgrading to a fast road setup appealed. It's difficult to justify an additional £281 for Mountune now though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I just had a chat to Rates Ford and they confirmed that £234 is for original discs and pads (not Motorcraft), which is a 40% discount.

As for Mountune vs Ford - the car wont be tracked (I have another toy for that), but before finding the deal from Rates Ford upgrading to a fast road setup appealed. It's difficult to justify an additional £281 for Mountune now though.

Ooofff that's a bit more than I paid last year at the end of October at just under £198 (admittedly with the eBay code).

Part numbers are the same except I found out elsewhere that the rear pads have a better version part 1810990.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272379145798

BrakeParts.JPG

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I didn't know you had another toy...you should probably mention it more. :whistling: :biggrin: 

If the ST isn't being tracked, I don't think I could justify the extra for the Mountune ones either.  Unlikely to feel any benefit on the road so it just becomes a bragging right for the pub.  Fine if the cost is similar, but not at nearly double the price!  OE Ford brakes are decent, it's just the Motorcraft I avoid at all costs now lol.

This being paid to stay at home thing is ok at times! 🌞🥂

IMG_20200625_154240898.jpg

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Zico said:

Ooofff that's a bit more than I paid last year at the end of October at just under £198 (admittedly with the eBay code).

Only £13 more if you disregard the voucher code you used. 

16 hours ago, Zico said:

Part numbers are the same except I found out elsewhere that the rear pads have a better version part 1810990.

That's interesting. I had those in my basket originally but the chap I spoke to at Rates Ford said they weren't coming up on the computer as the right ones for my car. Apparently the ones I've bought are those fitted to the car at the factory. He also said that the eBay listings had loads of incorrect information in them so it's always best to phone before ordering. Either way I'm happy with OEM.

• Like 2

I didn't know you had another toy...you should probably mention it more. :whistling: :biggrin: 

Oi!

OE Ford brakes are decent

Agreed.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Only £13 more if you disregard the voucher code you used. 

That's interesting. I had those in my basket originally but the chap I spoke to at Rates Ford said they weren't coming up on the computer as the right ones for my car. Apparently the ones I've bought are those fitted to the car at the factory. He also said that the eBay listings had loads of incorrect information in them so it's always best to phone before ordering. Either way I'm happy with OEM.

Yes, without the codes £13 isn't much.

As for the rear pads, I contacted Rates to confirm all parts with my VIN and was told that they were all correct. The pads have been on the car since March, and in the little time I have driven, I haven't noticed any problems.

I've now LED'd most of the main bulbs in my car except the fogs (never use them, the halogen is fine for the once a year I'll use them) and the cornering lamps (they're H1 but they dim depending on steering angle and they fade out, so I'd need a dimmable LED which I don't think the AUtobeams are).

I also had a pair of the sequential mirror indicators turn up but unfortunately one of them doesn't work. I've sent a message to Autobeam over Facebook to get a replacement but I've still not had a response over 26 hours later which is annoying. Doubly-annoying is the fact they're already out of stock again after I'd waited about 4 weeks for them to come back in in the first place, so it's probably unlikely I'll be getting a replacement unit in any time soon - that's if they ever get back to me anyway! Awful customer service so far. 😡

• Sad 1

The ST has been upgraded to 'garage queen' while the Caterham is away 🤣

Also useful to be able to change the brakes indoors - discs and pads arrived from Ford today...

• Like 3

20 hours ago, karlbbb said:

I've now LED'd most of the main bulbs in my car except the fogs (never use them, the halogen is fine for the once a year I'll use them) and the cornering lamps (they're H1 but they dim depending on steering angle and they fade out, so I'd need a dimmable LED which I don't think the AUtobeams are).

I also had a pair of the sequential mirror indicators turn up but unfortunately one of them doesn't work. I've sent a message to Autobeam over Facebook to get a replacement but I've still not had a response over 26 hours later which is annoying. Doubly-annoying is the fact they're already out of stock again after I'd waited about 4 weeks for them to come back in in the first place, so it's probably unlikely I'll be getting a replacement unit in any time soon - that's if they ever get back to me anyway! Awful customer service so far. 😡

Sometimes they do take a few days to reply back. I'll be honest though the customer service are really good. They were happy to send out replacement bulbs for any that went wrong. 

Went out yesterday to take mum to the local shop. Surprisingly saw some nice cars. A Nissan gtr I drove behind on my road. Saw this lambo when I parked up and waiting for mum then an Aston Martin parked in front off me (on a double yellow) then saw a huracan 

Screenshot_20200627-114709.png

• Like 2

I do like finding a puncture in my driveway rather than on the road,

I went out to the car last night, got in and thought it hand a bit more of a gangster lean than usual; 

Started the engine; and began to disembark from the driveway where all of my epic journeys have begun; 

Next thing I hear the characteristic flapping of a flat tyre; sure enough it was the rear left wheel; 

Glad it wasn't raining and the ground was still dry at the time; I was also one hour early on my departure to work as I had intended on dining in the local chip shop as the dinner at home was a bit suspect. 

The tyre isint worth repair in terms of puncture I reckon perhaps the wire has deteriorated inside the wheel as the grip is considerably smooth; ow well I've gotten my money's worth from them 16" Michelin primacey 3 lasted me over two years where the 18" Avon ZV5 lasted nine months.

Cant complain and had I known they had turned in to bald eagle F1 I'd have gotten it changed long ago and not been as brave throwing it in to corners on the postman pat country roads 🙊

20200627_140329.thumb.jpg.5254420103c0e4de8e0127f89e7026f8.jpg

I used to throw money at the car like water spent over 12,000 euro on improvements but now I only put Diesel in the tank aswell as insurance & tax, needs a service now 312,000km still on factory turbo 👍🏁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

Sometimes they do take a few days to reply back. I'll be honest though the customer service are really good. They were happy to send out replacement bulbs for any that went wrong. 

Fair enough - hope they sort out a replacement indicator for me, but I’m afraid I could never class waiting days for a response as “really good”.

Anyway, positive stuff! Upgraded my Sync 3.0 to Build 20092 yesterday and F9 maps today. Finally have a piece of road on the map where I laughably don’t even work anymore, it took them that long to sort the map 😄

• Like 1

I do like having a nice drive with my mother today in the Toyota, then getting home and having a chat with a couple of good friends and now relaxing with a movie and a glass of red.

God has blessed me.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 11:51 AM, zain611 said:

Went out yesterday to take mum to the local shop. Surprisingly saw some nice cars. A Nissan gtr I drove behind on my road. Saw this lambo when I parked up and waiting for mum then an Aston Martin parked in front off me (on a double yellow) then saw a huracan 

Screenshot_20200627-114709.png

😅 Reminds me of AdamC3046 on YouTube #EverybodyLovesAWhiteChaser 

In my opinion he is indeed the sir David Attenborough of the automotive world 

• Like 1

I do like waiting ages for a Bullitt Mustang and then 2 come along at once!!! Both sold, 1 Shadow Black and 1 Highland Green 😎

106349739_3202465443107735_8912002693893053092_n.jpg

106074193_3202465636441049_3221451407037365565_n.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

😅 Reminds me of AdamC3046 on YouTube #EverybodyLovesAWhiteChaser 

In my opinion he is indeed the sir David Attenborough of the automotive world 

Lol I was just watching this guy yesterday 😂. One of his latest videos was actually just 3 miles away from me 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club