Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7
聽Share

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Lol I was just watching this guy yesterday 馃槀. One of his latest videos was actually just 3 miles away from me聽

This ones dedicated to the street lamp #FatalAttraction聽

267203083_MmNmZTI2NDhlNzMzYWIyYWVkMmZlYTg3NjNlZmE1ZGSXIRsJtOb-95RDiAOYSeYhaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS-9waG90b18xNDM1ODE1ODJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA.jpeg.thumb.jpg.dd0d83645ddf4bbf9bc97ab3b8bbc46b.jpg

• Like 2

@Lenny聽this video here was right in my area. Sadly looking on the met Facebook page of my area they did say about the complaints residents had of car meets

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny聽this video here was right in my area. Sadly looking on the met Facebook page of my area they did say about the complaints residents had of car meets

Meanwhile at the police station the word on the Radio was:聽

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

This ones dedicated to the street lamp #FatalAttraction聽

267203083_MmNmZTI2NDhlNzMzYWIyYWVkMmZlYTg3NjNlZmE1ZGSXIRsJtOb-95RDiAOYSeYhaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS-9waG90b18xNDM1ODE1ODJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA.jpeg.thumb.jpg.dd0d83645ddf4bbf9bc97ab3b8bbc46b.jpg

05d857445e2010b59e863c5dc5967bdc.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't get me wrong, I do like car shows but it's the absolute tools that ruin it by using the highway as a racetrack and driving like absolute plonkers.聽
The police up here have had enough of these kinds of meets where they sit revving the engines, doing donuts, racing聽etc and fine anyone who is caught doing so under聽section 59 of the road traffic act.聽
Local businesses have also had enough of it and block the access points to car parks after closing.聽

Also, there's one road up here that often gets used as a racetrack (dual carriageway) leading to the motorway but these idiots forget that towards the end where the limit gets reduced is where the RPU is based, along with firearms and NPAS.聽

There should be an area out of town that allows certain shows to happen and for certain things to be allowed.聽

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

Don't get me wrong, I do like car shows but it's the absolute tools that ruin it by using the highway as a racetrack and driving like absolute plonkers.聽
The police up here have had enough of these kinds of meets where they sit revving the engines, doing donuts, racing聽etc and fine anyone who is caught doing so under聽section 59 of the road traffic act.聽
Local businesses have also had enough of it and block the access points to car parks after closing.聽

Also, there's one road up here that often gets used as a racetrack (dual carriageway) leading to the motorway but these idiots forget that towards the end where the limit gets reduced is where the RPU is based, along with firearms and NPAS.聽

There should be an area out of town that allows certain shows to happen and for certain things to be allowed.聽

+1 dont get the whole rev limiter pop and bang; there basically destroying the engines; then see them polished up the following week listed on Auto Trader "fine example, new tyres all round, never been rallied" 馃ぃ

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Exactly agree. I'm into my cars but don't like the inconsiderate people who can't control themselves. I have experience that feeling of showing off back when I used to drive past uni or college going home but it doesn't look cool to the passer by. And don't get me started on people especially the well off individuals with illegally spaced number plates.聽

AdamC actually lives in the next town over from me, I see him out and about every now and then 馃槀

• Like 2

I do like getting a promotion at work.

Interviewed for my manager's former role on Monday and was offered it as a 6 month secondment with the intention to flexibly deploy me to the role permanently at the end of it. If both myself and my managers are happy I move into the role, if not then I just stay where I am. I've not been in a formal management role before and will be dealing with a team of 12 (many of them I have worked with for the best part of 12 years).

The original interview date was supposed to have been the 19th March but obviously got postponed due to the impending lockdown. Shielding at home for the last months hasn't exactly been good for me, but somehow I must have done something right on Monday.

I'll be lazy and say my I don't like here. The timing of the role couldn't have come at a worst time. My current duties are to deal with the data side of things in Street Works and the DfT have launched today the biggest change up of systems to affect all Highway Authorities and utilities (originally supposed to have gone live on 1st April). Our system provider's software fell over on Monday during my interview (I was blissfully un-aware that my colleague was cursed yet again with things going wrong while I am off/unavailable聽:laughing:聽), and then fell over again today!!

Don't need this right now when I'm supposed to be starting my new role聽:wallbash::crazy:

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Zico said:

I do like getting a promotion at work.

Interviewed for my manager's former role on Monday and was offered it as a 6 month secondment with the intention to flexibly deploy me to the role permanently at the end of it. If both myself and my managers are happy I move into the role, if not then I just stay where I am. I've not been in a formal management role before and will be dealing with a team of 12 (many of them I have worked with for the best part of 12 years).

The original interview date was supposed to have been the 19th March but obviously got postponed due to the impending lockdown. Shielding at home for the last months hasn't exactly been good for me, but somehow I must have done something right on Monday.

I'll be lazy and say my I don't like here. The timing of the role couldn't have come at a worst time. My current duties are to deal with the data side of things in Street Works and the DfT have launched today the biggest change up of systems to affect all Highway Authorities and utilities (originally supposed to have gone live on 1st April). Our system provider's software fell over on Monday during my interview (I was blissfully un-aware that my colleague was cursed yet again with things going wrong while I am off/unavailable聽:laughing:聽), and then fell over again today!!

Don't need this right now when I'm supposed to be starting my new role聽:wallbash::crazy:

Congratulations mate

• Like 2

Do like currently reading a fast ford mag. Happy seeing what car is on the cover

Screenshot_20200703-183352.png

• Like 1

I do like having the next 9 days off work, having my kitty next to me and opening a bottle of 19 Crimes...聽 Just need a good movie and tonight will be perfect.

• Like 1

I had a more successful morning today doing some car maintenance after last weekend's irritation with the brakes...

Today's exercise was to change the rear wiper grommet which聽is apparently well known for failing on Mk7 Fiestas. @Zico聽you should check yours.

I聽thought it would be useful to write a guide on how to change it too:

Although I've just realised I did it as a normal thread in the Ford Fiesta Club forum, not the Ford Fiesta Guides forum... Oh well, mods feel free to move if you want.

• Like 2

Come on then, own up...who's chrome wrapped a Mk4 Focus?聽 It's not even an ST either...it's a diesel!! :laugh:

ChromeFocus.thumb.jpg.a843314246f0c84209dd34e32ced1a7d.jpg

Would've cost far too much to wrap it on a BBC budget so it must be someone's actual car which is slightly worrying!聽 Was on The First Team which is a good laugh if you like immature comedies! :biggrin:

12 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I had a more successful morning today doing some car maintenance after last weekend's irritation with the brakes...

Today's exercise was to change the rear wiper grommet which聽is apparently well known for failing on Mk7 Fiestas. @Zico聽you should check yours.

I聽thought it would be useful to write a guide on how to change it too:

Although I've just realised I did it as a normal thread in the Ford Fiesta Club forum, not the Ford Fiesta Guides forum... Oh well, mods feel free to move if you want.

Thanks for the heads up @TimST2. I've ordered the part even before checking though my problem is I don't have the tools to fit it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zico said:

Thanks for the heads up @TimST2. I've ordered the part even before checking though my problem is I don't have the tools to fit it.

I'm sure you could borrow them though.聽The 8mm doesn't actually need to be a socket - not all socket sets go that small, and a spanner will get on those fine. I've updated the guide...

8 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I'm sure you could borrow them though.聽The 8mm doesn't actually need to be a socket - not all socket sets go that small, and a spanner will get on those fine. I've updated the guide...

I keep looking at the Halfords Professional sets each time they come up on sale but never get them. I might just grab one聽the next time they are on sale.

I checked the grommet earlier when I went out for a quick drive. From the outside I couldn't see any splits or cracks or any damage.

14 minutes ago, Zico said:

I keep looking at the Halfords Professional sets each time they come up on sale but never get them. I might just grab one聽the next time they are on sale.

I checked the grommet earlier when I went out for a quick drive. From the outside I couldn't see any splits or cracks or any damage.

I鈥檝e got one of those Halfords Pro sets. It鈥檚 very good, and handy for carrying everything you would ever need to a job that needs done in the driveway

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zico said:

No rush to change it if it's okay then.

I keep聽looking at the Halfords advanced tools too...

My current tools are actually quite cheap - my socket聽set is聽a 15-piece Draper Redline set costing 拢24聽but it's served me well for a decade:

https://www.drapertools.com/product/68945/1-2inch-Sq-Dr-Metric-Socket-Set-(15-Piece)

I'll probably stick with that while it does the job, but what I do want is a Halfords Advanced ratchet spanner set and torque wrench (when the next sale's on):

https://www.halfords.com/tools/hand-tools/spanners-and-wrenches/halfords-advanced-modular-tray-set---12-piece-ratchet-spanner-set-444128.html

https://www.halfords.com/tools/hand-tools/spanners-and-wrenches/halfords-advanced-torque-wrench-model-200-488711.html

• Like 1

The Halfords Advanced full sets do look fantastic though, and this one is 20% off currently:

https://www.halfords.com/tools/hand-tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-175-pc-socket-and-spanner-set-735831.html

But I think previous sales have been 50% off or more, so I'd wait until Black Friday...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

job, but what I do want is a Halfords Advanced ratchet spanner set and torque wrench (when the next sale's on):

The ratchet spanners are so useful. Best thing about the set by far.聽

Currently I鈥檝e got 4 torque wrenches, but I still feel like I need a digital one...

• Like 1

Wish I was like this in some situations. Started getting back into this show聽

• Haha 2

On 7/5/2020 at 6:51 PM, TimST2 said:

my socket聽set is聽a 15-piece Draper Redline set costing 拢24聽but it's served me well for a decade:

Speaking of old tools. I've still got a socket set identical to the pic below, which my Dad gave me for my 16th birthday, when I got my first motorbike, so I've had it over 50 years now. Still in good condition and it's had some hard use over that time. It was made by Gordon of Sheffield, don't think they exist any more, I've seen the tools being sold as collectors items.

T1514-4-450x450-1.jpg

• Like 2

2 years after the first photo, I returned to recreate it this evening, though it was a bit darker as naff weather 馃槙

B8F085A6-A10F-4778-9E8D-13818CFB33D4.jpeg

9A57B1AC-E3AA-4D40-AB8A-1652EAE013EE.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Speaking of old tools. I've still got a socket set identical to the pic below, which my Dad gave me for my 16th birthday, when I got my first motorbike, so I've had it over 50 years now. Still in good condition and it's had some hard use over that time. It was made by Gordon of Sheffield, don't think they exist any more, I've seen the tools being sold as collectors items.

T1514-4-450x450-1.jpg

I鈥檝e got a few imperial spanners made by them somewhere. Proper old school. I鈥檝e also got an old style torque wrench outside that my dad gave me which I will post a picture of next time I鈥檓 in the shed.聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club