Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7
聽Share

10 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

2 years after the first photo, I returned to recreate it this evening, though it was a bit darker as naff weather 馃槙

B8F085A6-A10F-4778-9E8D-13818CFB33D4.jpeg

9A57B1AC-E3AA-4D40-AB8A-1652EAE013EE.jpeg

I see what you did there! :wink:聽 What's the point of a Ford that's unsuitable for motor vehicles though?聽 Surely that's just聽a river! :laugh:

Locals must get so fed up of car guys taking pictures at Fords...I took one at this raging torrent!

IMG_20180115_145744567.thumb.jpg.17eb0d3aecebdfce1fdb7792e25f72eb.jpg

IMG_20180115_145816612.thumb.jpg.165fd8f77c7203cce57cd9cca0ab7e91.jpg

I miss that rear end. :sad:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I see what you did there! :wink:聽 What's the point of a Ford that's unsuitable for motor vehicles though?聽 Surely that's just聽a river! :laugh:

Locals must get so fed up of car guys taking pictures at Fords...I took one at this raging torrent!

IMG_20180115_145744567.thumb.jpg.17eb0d3aecebdfce1fdb7792e25f72eb.jpg

IMG_20180115_145816612.thumb.jpg.165fd8f77c7203cce57cd9cca0ab7e91.jpg

I miss that rear end. :sad:

It does seem rather pointless, though despite the sign I reckon a decent 4x4 could probably have made it! I do think a tarted 聽up Mk2.5 like yours is the best looking Focus for me 馃槏

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

It does seem rather pointless, though despite the sign I reckon a decent 4x4 could probably have made it! I do think a tarted 聽up Mk2.5 like yours is the best looking Focus for me 馃槏

Probably a decent 4x4 could manage it yes...but I managed to kill my Ranger at the start of this year by driving through a large puddle....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

Probably a decent 4x4 could manage it yes...but I managed to kill my Ranger at the start of this year by driving through a large puddle....

That鈥檚 鈥榗oz it鈥檚 a Ford 馃槈. In all seriousness though, I don鈥檛 know much about the Ranger and how good it actually is at off reading, our old Defender was seriously impressive though!

29 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

That鈥檚 鈥榗oz it鈥檚 a Ford 馃槈. In all seriousness though, I don鈥檛 know much about the Ranger and how good it actually is at off reading, our old Defender was seriously impressive though!

It was ok in general for off-roading, but nowhere near as capable as a defender. No locking diff, just high range and low range box. Off-roading is a lot to do with the tyres that are on the car at the time, and the Continental CrossContact were actually very good on grass and mud. Never had it on any 'proper' terrain or I would have had BFGs on it anyway.聽

Just classic Ford unreliable electronics! FoMoCo garbage. Hence why I don't have it any more.

• Like 2

How long should s set of brake pads last?聽

I've been doing oil change and tyres on the car myself the past four years,聽

I've not ever touched the brakes in five years; when I had EBC greenstuff pads and cross drilled discs fitted that was five years ago. And around 120,000km ago.聽

Well today I heard some serious grinding when i pressed the brakes and it took two car lengths to stop after i jammed on the brakes; I could hear and feel the ABS but it's gone in to the garage to have the brakes done,聽

Car now has 327,000km I have it since new in 2010 and I can only remember changing the pads three times and the discs once as I wanted the cross drilled fitted.

Not bad going atall; its also a 1.6TDCi on the factory turbo 馃憤

I'm expecting to require a new caliper and discs tomorrow 馃槀 not sure what its using to slow the car down these days; worst result of upgrading the sound system to full JL Audio C3 650's with amplifier #TurnDownForWhat聽

I get in the car; turn on spotify and turn it up to the point that I cant even hear the engine; so the brakes could have been grinding for quite some time.聽

• Like 2

I do like going out to the chippy today for the first time since just before the lockdown began in the UK.聽
I thoroughly enjoyed my fish and chips with proper chippy mushy peas and curry sauce.聽
I also like that it was quiet and they have strict social distancing measures in place.聽

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

I do like going out to the chippy today for the first time since just before the lockdown began in the UK.聽
I thoroughly enjoyed my fish and chips with proper chippy mushy peas and curry sauce.聽
I also like that it was quiet and they have strict social distancing measures in place.聽

Thankfully things seem to be going back to normal. Yesterday went and got a haircut after 4 months. There was only 1 customer there so no waiting around 馃榿. They put barriers between each chair and the staff wore masks and gloves.聽

Did also start getting takeaway also which I've missed

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Thankfully things seem to be going back to normal. Yesterday went and got a haircut after 4 months. There was only 1 customer there so no waiting around 馃榿. They put barriers between each chair and the staff wore masks and gloves.聽

Did also start getting takeaway also which I've missed

It won't be long before lockdowns are brought back. Leicester has already been put back into lockdown and only essential businesses can open.聽
We are far from over this virus and it will come back and bite people in the bum.聽

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Y said:

It won't be long before lockdowns are brought back. Leicester has already been put back into lockdown and only essential businesses can open.聽
We are far from over this virus and it will come back and bite people in the bum.聽

Yep. The Leicester lockdown came in just as I was planning to get my first takeaway. Ah well, back to Pot Noodles it is.

• Like 1

Lol love the sketch in this where they pretend to be American police 馃ぃ

• Like 1

I do like that the sky is clear tonight so I can see the stars.聽
I also like that it's clear enough to see the space station pass over (which it just did) so I can try and get a few pics of it flying over later this morning (in about 1h 30m).聽

• Like 3

Here's one of my favourite hale and pace skits

• Like 1

I like YouTube for helping me fix聽yet another problem,
My LG G4聽phone started turning itself on randomly and battery draining twice as fast, even on the spare battery and a clean reset it was the same.
A quick search and I found others with the same issue, the double-tap聽to wake feature was the cause, possibly聽a faulty sensor.
BUT, on a previous OS update聽that聽simple option to turn that feature off was removed, but a YouTube video showed how to get around that problem.
Downloaded an App called Activity Launcher, that list every feature running, you can then create a shortcut to anything and turn it On/Off.

battery life is like new now, and these batteries are a few years old,
My girlfriend's phone battery doesn't last as long now, so I was looking at buying us both a Google Pixel 3a,
I won't have to just yet now, maybe I'll look at the Google Pixel 4a around Xmas instead.

• Like 1

New motorbike arrives tomorrow!!! Finally.聽
Still won鈥檛 have a V5 so I can鈥檛 tax it, but at least it will be here.聽

• Like 3

I do like getting a phonecall from work today! Looks like I'll be able to go back hopefully by the end of the week! Due to having MS I'm classed as being in the vulnerable group along with folk with diabetes.

I've had 6 different documents emailed to me regarding Risk Assessments etc and new procedures in place. It's going to take a wee bit of getting used to but I'm starting to get a bit too used to being at home! 馃槼

Getting a 'Return To Work' interview over the phone tomorrow morning, it'll probably be a phased return as I've been off for so long but anything will be welcome 馃憤 just need to remember how to drive my truck now 馃槂

• Like 3

@Zico聽just did another order from autobeam 馃榿. Ordered another set of their performance indicators so the front and rear indicators match and I also got their H1 HID Kit.

They are currently doing a 20% discount so thought why not. People say HIDs are better in terms of brightness so thought I'd get these to see.聽

• Like 2

Do like getting my AC regassed two days ago. Nice and cold. Just don't like there's 60mg less gas than what's needed but I guess that's what you pay for聽

Screenshot_20200715-115139.png

Screenshot_20200715-160616.png

21 hours ago, zain611 said:

@Zico聽just did another order from autobeam 馃榿. Ordered another set of their performance indicators so the front and rear indicators match and I also got their H1 HID kit.

They are currently doing a 20% discount so thought why not. People say HIDs are better in terms of brightness so thought I'd get these to see.聽

Don't tempt me to make any more orders聽:laughing:聽.

To be honest, I don't need anything more now. All external bulbs are Autobeam already, internals are OSRam excluding the boot which is Autobeam.聽Still owe you that night shot @zain611 but will do that by the weekend.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zico said:

Don't tempt me to make any more orders聽:laughing:聽.

To be honest, I don't need anything more now. All external bulbs are Autobeam already, internals are OSRam excluding the boot which is Autobeam.聽Still owe you that night shot @zain611 but will do that by the weekend.

No worries. Lol I forgot you said about a night shot and praise you for that but I don't think you should hassle doing that 馃憤. I have the performance H1 LEDs in the dipped beam lights but I'm going to check and see if the HIDs I ordered are brighter

Screenshot_20200529-112527.png

Good dog [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Nice clean after 2 months. Headlights looking brand new still. One of the halo lights started to go wrong so hopefully can get a replacement.聽

_20200718_004755.JPG

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club