Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like having a possible job offer yesterday...  Might just look into it a bit more given how crap things are presently.

Only thing I'd miss about this job is the money!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like having a possible job offer yesterday...  Might just look into it a bit more given how crap things are presently.

🤞

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Job satisfaction shouldn't be about the money. ... Ok I'm a liar. 🤑🤑🤑

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Job satisfaction shouldn't be about the money. ... Ok I'm a liar. 🤑🤑🤑

I left my last job, 14 years ago, and took a drop in pay. Best thing I did 😉

My sanity would have left me a while ago if I hadn't 😜🤪😳

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I left my last job, 14 years ago, and took a drop in pay. Best thing I did 😉

My sanity would have left me a while ago if I hadn't 😜🤪😳

i took a £3k basic pay cut to be where i am now but in the end im now far better off mentally and the 3k cut has turned round to be a £15k increase last year . this year should be simular. happy days 🤑🤑

• Like 2

I just bought insurance for my Fiesta ST for £200 :thumbsup:

In fact, the total bill for all 3 cars (a 2016 Fiesta ST and 2017 Mercedes GLC with business cover, and a 2020 Caterham Seven 310R with track day cover) was only £940!

I must be getting old - 43 next week :thumbdown:

• Like 2

i do like how convenient this PowerCube is which I've purchased from amazon

keeps the phone charger in a safe place on the desk and looks great next to the computer monitor, also ideal for plugging in the sewing machine or additional computer devices, 

The USB power supply sockets could be updated to 3.0 version but apart from that minor issue its a very useful design. has a total of four sockets, 

can be mounted above or under the desk also available in various colors,  

Link to the 1.5M version: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GLBDVM6/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B00GLBDVM6&pd_rd_w=ocNUE&pf_rd_p=1055d8b2-c10c-4d7d-b50d-96300553e15d&pd_rd_wg=hZhwC&pf_rd_r=R22AFV2AW9ZNEFTEVS8F&pd_rd_r=a282ad26-2579-4b3c-b18f-4d2c45972698&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVFQ5WjVEUzdFWjJZJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTAyMjc1Tkg1Q1c2OFQzNDFWJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzNjU5MzUyUUZZSk9CVkVZWU1IJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ== 

IMG-20200827-WA0007.thumb.jpg.6559f31b89387db97f1832c08d33ca05.jpg

IMG-20200827-WA0008.thumb.jpg.d16d4271c0172db51c2c1d5cee347c3e.jpg

• Like 1

Got bored so create a lock screen wallpaper 

Screenshot_20200828-184316.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TimST2 said:

In fact, the total bill for all 3 cars (a 2016 Fiesta ST and 2017 Mercedes GLC with business cover, and a 2020 Caterham Seven 310R with track day cover) was only £850!

I remember when we were discussing about your last birthday. Where did time go 😳

20 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I remember when we were discussing about your last birthday. Where did time go 😳

Oh yeah. We established that your dad was only 5 years older than me didn't we :thumbdown:

As long as subsequent years aren't like this one I won't be sorry that 2020 flew by if I'm honest.

• Like 1

Apparently your not old but middle aged until 58. Then your classed as old. Phew!! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

Got bored so create a lock screen wallpaper 

Screenshot_20200828-184316.png

That looks cool!  Been ages since I've seen that time on a screen though, I only ever use 24 hour setting myself! :biggrin: 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Apparently your not old but middle aged until 58. Then your classed as old. Phew!! 

As it's impossible to know the precise age at which I'll die to determine which part of life is the middle, I've just decided to have an on-going crisis. :biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I do like going back to my childhood this week and watching every series of The Crystal Maze and the special episodes through Now TV. I always wanted to go and do the maze as a kid but they only did a couple of kids specials. 
The theme tune is better than most gameshows and tv shows of today. 

The old ones with Richard were so much better than the Ed Tudor Pole ones but at least when they revamped it a few years ago they kind of kept the iconic theme tune. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 10:11 AM, TomsFocus said:

As it's impossible to know the precise age at which I'll die to determine which part of life is the middle, I've just decided to have an on-going crisis. :biggrin: 

I can't afford a midlife crisis! 🙄😃

• Haha 3

On 8/28/2020 at 4:44 PM, TimST2 said:

In fact, the total bill for all 3 cars (a 2016 Fiesta ST and 2017 Mercedes GLC with business cover, and a 2020 Caterham Seven 310R with track day cover) was only £850!

And, because the Fiesta ST and GLC insurances were arranged through Confused.com, I now have £40 worth of Halfords vouchers too :thumbsup:

On 8/26/2020 at 8:08 PM, jmurray01 said:

Hope things go well for you 😊. I've applied for several medical lab assistant jobs and haven't heard back or got any interviews yet. Really don't want to sit at home like a bum not working after my masters. 

Do like getting a compliment for my car from a boy today 😊. At least I know it looks good 😁

Looking at some 35mm springs, remap and might see a induction kit if I don't need anything else done for it like a map

Screenshot_20200810-195734.png

• Like 2

When the kitchen is getting stripped but I'm here making hot dogs for the family in the conservatory 😂

Screenshot_20200902-122635.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

When the kitchen is getting stripped but I'm here making hot dogs for the family in the conservatory 😂

Screenshot_20200902-122635.png

Fancy; could have put them in a boiling kettle 😅

• Like 2

That's exactly what I had to eat last night.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

That's exactly what I had to eat last night.

I went to work an hour early last night; stopped off at the chipper on the way; price of chips has gone up since the beginning of the pandemic 😷

€3 for just the white paper bag full and €2.90 for a 6" Battered Sausage of which I bought two,  total €9.00 including a fork for €0.15 

I went to Tesco for two 1.75ltr bottles Coca-Cola before that was €4.20 for those all in €13.20.

Watched TV in the car using the steering wheel table, 

Was nice to do a normal thing again although it was expensive, 

Speaking of hot dogs; here's Liam wearing my jumper 

IMG_20200902_160856.thumb.jpg.70dc5dc451b2bacce3dac11d84b37d92.jpg

IMG_20200902_160705.thumb.jpg.3a0e1a966541294dd3b30c505821e24a.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Found some weird dog at the park today.  Seemed to like nuts... :whistling: :biggrin:

IMG_20200902_161455130.thumb.jpg.c48be3bd1f12cce21c4f8acc7055bb5f.jpg

Wow the red squirrel, that's my wife curled up on the sofa with a packet of Doritos 😂 native to Ireland, I've only ever saw one or two in the wild here as the grey squirrel is dominating the wilderness, our dog almost caught a grey last Sunday during a forest walk; it hissed at him which I thought a bit strange for a squirrel to do; I assumed they would squeek or something not hiss like a cat. 

• Like 1

Something I do like - it looks like I have found a suitable light industrial unit to get a full sized powder coating oven and have a bash it doing it commercially. 

Shortly I will be tapping up the forum members here to do wheels and other parts...!

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club