Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Have you ever fancied a pair of curtains that looks like a 10 pack of Marlboro Lights? :laugh: 

119675350_339934637126296_643653110161428794_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=rACNpvey5RcAX8k0o6H&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr6-1.fna&oh=169e3d2ce00727032c39e401f0788451&oe=5F89D235

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Nick Y said:

No thanks. I prefer the Playstation controllers. 

There must be someone, somewhere that has copied/hacked PS controllers to work on Xbox 🤔

• Like 1

Just been to view this property but there was an odd smell in the area...  :unsure:  Honestly, who signed off the planning for that estate! :laugh: 

Mildmay.thumb.jpg.4befcff5d285a6f26aaa5958229d59d0.jpg

• Confused 1

Our eldest made a new bed for our dog under the stairs, not only did she make an LED lamp shade but there's a printed picture of a country side window on the back and a picture of a pheasant 😂😂

He's a Bearnese Beagle 😭😂

IMG_20200919_163402.thumb.jpg.20921e528bfa24a8d64fe215622ca826.jpg

IMG-20200919-WA0004.thumb.jpg.422bf297755ffb0a3570c8de7bf4a8b3.jpg

IMG-20200919-WA0006.thumb.jpg.973cc5e485f44bf2eddbbbb2f81f1b72.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Just been to view this property but there was an odd smell in the area...  :unsure:  Honestly, who signed off the planning for that estate! :laugh: 

Mildmay.thumb.jpg.4befcff5d285a6f26aaa5958229d59d0.jpg

I'm obviously not on the same wave length as you. What can you see that I can't? Smelly old library books? Or smelly nappies? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, iantt said:

I'm obviously not on the same wave length as you. What can you see that I can't? Smelly old library books? Or smelly nappies? 

Don't take it so literally lol.  Have a closer look at the road layout! 

• Confused 1

I genuinely do like receiving a blue belt lean six sigma certification from a world leading pharmaceutical company, 

I've saved them a minimum of 70k per annum by making a few changes to a procedure which achieves the same results in 17 hours less time. 

all started when my kids needed a computer for secondary school, then the opportunity came up in work to enroll for blue belt training, 

I enrolled for the course and completed my entire project at home using the computer which I bought for our eldest at the time, to show her the computer isn't a kids version of a real computer that it is a real asset that can be used in business, i hoped to make them proud and to see that learning computer skills such as typing and Microsoft word is still very useful as these days most things can be done on a mobile phone which was also my reason for not having a windows based device for the past eleven years, i worked off an android phone, 

i carried out the entire project in my own time off while working six days in the plant mon-sat, my intention was for the project to be an instant cost saving to the company from the beginning requiring zero investment or company time to create, which has really paid off in the end, 

I've received accreditation im one of three sucessful out of fourteen hopeful and shown my kids how the computer skills are a good assist to learn, 

im also teaching them everything know about it. 

• Like 6

I like the good old days of my Motorbikes,had bikes from when i could got on a bike...scramblers then my first road bike 50cc bike onto the bigger ones.

Passed test first time when i could but bad crash and very worried parents made me go onto cars,car hit me i was waiting to turn and respect bikes because been there.

20 years on bikes was great and best days.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I like the good old days of my Motorbikes,had bikes from when i could got on a bike...scramblers then my first road bike 50cc bike onto the bigger ones.

Passed test first time when i could but bad crash and very worried parents made me go onto cars,car hit me i was waiting to turn and respect bikes because been there.

20 years on bikes was great and best days.

I haven't learnt. 56 and back into biking only a few months ago. 

And  bought the obligatory noisey exhaust silencers to annoy the neighbours at 5.30  when I go to work. Lol 

IMG_20200920_212856.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, iantt said:

.....obligatory noisey exhaust silencers....

Oxymoron? 🤔😃

8 hours ago, iantt said:

And  bought the obligatory noisey exhaust silencers to annoy the neighbours at 5.30  when I go to work. Lol 

IMG_20200920_212856.jpg

Good on you,im just 51 and now its just me now as dad passed away 6 weeks ago i was thinking of another.

What is the insurance like on them these days and the mods on them say as you said adding a exhaust as i added a lot when i had my old RD 350 years ago and stupid amount of mods l did but thats going back a good 25 years ago.

10 hours ago, iantt said:

Neighbour of mine has an Aprilia V-twin with fruity pipes and it sounds ace! Fortunately he's not an early riser!😀

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Good on you,im just 51 and now its just me now as dad passed away 6 weeks ago i was thinking of another.

What is the insurance like on them these days and the mods on them say as you said adding a exhaust as i added a lot when i had my old RD 350 years ago and stupid amount of mods l did but thats going back a good 25 years ago.

No no claims discount so full cost was £137 Inc helmet and clothing cover and breakdown recovery. Not bad I thought. Extra £10 for exhaust. 

I do like getting Vanessa the Volvo back again tonight!!  Took ages for the garage to get the necessary parts but she's back and good as new with a new steering rack, suspension spring, timing belt, water pump, alternator belt plus a couple of other things.

Now all I need to do is get 4 new tyres to replace the 3 Pirelli P2000s with 3-4mm treads and the 1 odd new-ish Supra on the O/S rear.  I mean really, mixing rear tyres on a RWD car!?  Some people are beyond idiotic, although surprisingly it still handles OK but I'll be taking it easy until all 4 are new, which won't be until the beginning of November since my money tree ain't doing so well this year 🤣

• Like 3

Nice and clean again. First clean with the new wheels on and these are a lot easier to clean. The dirt came off easy thanks to the ceramic coating 

Screenshot_20200921-222843.png

Screenshot_20200921-222856.png

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Neighbour of mine has an Aprilia V-twin with fruity pipes and it sounds ace! Fortunately he's not an early riser!😀

My old CBR had a big pipe the size of an old-school dustbin. I had the police at the door once after a week of me leaving for work at 5:30am....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

I had the police at the door once after a week of me leaving for work at 5:30am

Most of my bikes had replacement cans (for reasons of weight saving, not noise, you understand😀). Oddly the only time I ever had a problem with the law was about 50 years ago when I got stopped riding an old scooter that I used as a runabout, and the exhaust had cracked. I was actually on my way home after buying a replacement which was strapped to the carrier, so the officer was very understanding and kindly let me on my way with an instruction to "get it fixed, lad"!

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Most of my bikes had replacement cans (for reasons of weight saving, not noise, you understand😀). Oddly the only time I ever had a problem with the law was about 50 years ago when I got stopped riding an old scooter that I used as a runabout, and the exhaust had cracked. I was actually on my way home after buying a replacement which was strapped to the carrier, so the officer was very understanding and kindly let me on my way with an instruction to "get it fixed, lad"!

This particular weight saving mod on the CBR was a carbon fibre race can, very light and noisy but not actually road legal....

theres certainly a weight saving on the replacememt  cans compared to the original . 

53 minutes ago, iantt said:

theres certainly a weight saving on the replacememt  cans compared to the original . 

Especially on an SV650! Stock exhaust on that thing was more like a cannon. I swapped that one out for a carbon fibre one immediately. 

I do like relaxing with a glass of red and Chris Isaak's Wicked Game LP on the turntable...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like relaxing with a glass of red and Chris Isaak's Wicked Game LP on the turntable...

Tune 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club