Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

On 9/22/2020 at 7:48 AM, The Finance Guy said:

My old CBR had a big pipe the size of an old-school dustbin. I had the police at the door once after a week of me leaving for work at 5:30am....

Were they complaining about being woken up by the noise 

Or

Following up on a complaint 😂

I was lucky to have been required to work throughout all lockdown periods, and when traveling to work at 6am mon-sat when working that shift; I never saw one checkpoint on the road, then coming home from work at 15:00 I'd be stopped and questioned at at least three checkpoints, 

I always thought they really should swap shift hand overs at the physical checkpoints rather than disappearing all together. 

On 9/21/2020 at 9:24 PM, iantt said:

No no claims discount so full cost was £137 Inc helmet and clothing cover and breakdown recovery. Not bad I thought. Extra £10 for exhaust. 

That aint that bad, of course someone like me with never had one for years would be a bit more.

Got to say i was all the RD's the old classic bikes, not as fast etc,never had a new car only 3 years old which i always go for but in 1987 30+years ago i had a new bike which was the

New style Yamaha 125LC YPVS...........i was into the old 2 strokes and so easy to work on, it's the only thing i can strip down and rebuild engine and stuff any 2 stroke.

2 hours ago, jace1969 said:

New style Yamaha 125LC YPVS.

They used to say that stood for "Young Persons Vile Screamer" round my way😀

I haven't seen a proper 2 stroke bike (as opposed to scooter) on the road for ages, then the other day a Honda NSR 400 shot past in a cloud of blue smoke. 

I do like getting a pre-order for the Xbox Series X yesterday morning. £449.99 total but cashed in £235 of MS reward points (built up free credit for just over 2 years) so will only pay £215.

I do like having had a few hours off work in the last 2 days (not technically stopped but at least haven't needed to do anything).

I do like the random video that Youtube had on the front page when I opened up Firefox. Don't recall seeing it before but it's from 2010:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jace1969 said:

That aint that bad, of course someone like me with never had one for years would be a bit more.

Got to say i was all the RD's the old classic bikes, not as fast etc,never had a new car only 3 years old which i always go for but in 1987 30+years ago i had a new bike which was the

New style Yamaha 125LC YPVS...........i was into the old 2 strokes and so easy to work on, it's the only thing i can strip down and rebuild engine and stuff any 2 stroke.

I've not had a proper bike since 2002 except for an rd 200 in 2004 for a few months after restoring it. So I was surprised by the low insurance and no years discount. 

14 hours ago, Zico said:

I do like getting a pre-order for the Xbox Series X yesterday morning. £449.99 total but cashed in £235 of MS reward points (built up free credit for just over 2 years) so will only pay £215.

I do like having had a few hours off work in the last 2 days (not technically stopped but at least haven't needed to do anything).

I do like the random video that Youtube had on the front page when I opened up Firefox. Don't recall seeing it before but it's from 2010:

Have you ordered the new model and not the old one? 🤔😳😃

www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/9/22/21451624/xbox-one-x-amazon-series-x-preorder-accident 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I gave way to my old MK3 Focus at a junction today...that was a weird experience! :biggrin:

10 minutes later I passed my old Vectra C parked on a verge!  (That car certainly gets about) :laugh:

In other news, the Golf is for sale if anyone's interested...preferably someone that lives further than 5 miles away... :laugh:

• Like 2

I just got £63 of autoglym products free from Halfords!

Buy 1 get 1 half price

FOC 15% discount

2 x £20 confused.com vouchers

:thumbup1:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I like that modern phones can now have so much  storage for photos etc that I've still got photos on it from this time last year. My last phone I had to keep deleting or saving elsewhere. Obviously important photos I have transferred elsewhere incase phone has a wobbler. But checked photos and found I have 1000 + approx  photos that are pretty much the same . ( Work related. ) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iantt said:

I like that modern phones can now have so much  storage for photos etc that I've still got photos on it from this time last year. My last phone I had to keep deleting or saving elsewhere. Obviously important photos I have transferred elsewhere incase phone has a wobbler. But checked photos and found I have 1000 + approx  photos that are pretty much the same . ( Work related. ) 

Apple or Android?  On my Android, everything gets backed up to Google Photos, so even after I've cleared one lot onto the external HDD, they're still immediately accessible as long as I have an internet connection.

It's video that takes up all the storage though.  I had a brief stint as a vlogger (yes, it was as dull as you're thinking!) but had to record, edit, upload to Youtube and then delete from the phone before starting the next one.  I'd never really thought about it before but I suppose a video is thousands of pictures in a row lol.

I do like finally finishing a model kit I first started 5 and a half years ago. 
It's a very special model that i was supposed to finish by the time the aircraft took her final flights across the UK in October 2015. 
Yep, I finally finished my 1/72 scale Avro Vulcan XH558 model kit. 

DSC_1653.JPG

• Like 9

I like getting the Fiesta back 😄. Updated itself to Sync 3.4 when I got it home too.

8FEF74E3-37F7-4993-AEA8-F2F68E3EF936.jpeg

• Like 2

I do like taking the kids to an apple farm after work yesterday evening; for the first open day of them selling pumpkins from the field, 

Free tractor ride sitting on bales in a trailer to a field where the pumpkins are growing then pick any you want, and pay by weight, 

All very social distanced and something festive for the kids as there won't be a Halloween this year, 

IMG-20201003-WA0008.thumb.jpg.b9acefce35340a094a03d58ba803d9bf.jpg

IMG-20201003-WA0009.thumb.jpg.508ecd26f1823d63d6f32a59b6f41eaa.jpg

IMG-20201003-WA0018.thumb.jpg.867a3855286dff6b518bafd812448177.jpg

IMG-20201003-WA0035.thumb.jpg.9f29de012114a81466b740a21aea8029.jpg

• Like 2

Funny to see this film blue story having a scene shot on my grans road. Can see her house opposite I'm certain scenes 😂. At 4:00. Also the thumbnail the alleyway there I used to walk through to go to my grans house at the back

Also want to say I reported a Audi driver 2 weeks ago for going down the wrong side of an island with 2 pedestrians just crossing that side. Just got an email saying the police sent them a notice to confirm who the driver was. Feeling a little guilty but driving like that isn't on.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2020 at 9:10 PM, dtulip8 said:

I like getting the Fiesta back 😄. Updated itself to Sync 3.4 when I got it home too.

8FEF74E3-37F7-4993-AEA8-F2F68E3EF936.jpeg

I'm guessing you are one of the first fiesta's to get it? I've had nothing about the sync 3.4 update yet.

1 hour ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

I'm guessing you are one of the first fiesta's to get it? I've had nothing about the sync 3.4 update yet.

Would seem so, which is odd as I’m usually the last to get anything 

• Like 1

Happy to say I bought a training course to become a mortgage advisor. Found a good training company just local to me and bought their home study pack with tutor support. Hopefully revise for 2-3 months, hopefully be working during that time and pay for the exam registration fee then become qualified and start a trainee role. It is a complete change in career having done a masters and degree in science but their hardly is any jobs out there for scientists especially with the economy going downhill due to covid however there is a lot more demand for mortgage advisors with the number of vacancies currently are equivalent to the number of vacancies for laboratory assistants and biomedical scientists combined.

IMG_20201003_210100_9.jpg

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Happy to say I bought a training course to become a mortgage advisor. Found a good training company just local to me and bought their home study pack with tutor support. Hopefully revise for 2-3 months, hopefully be working during that time and pay for the exam registration fee then become qualified and start a trainee role. It is a complete change in career having done a masters and degree in science but their hardly is any jobs out there for scientists especially with the economy going downhill due to covid however there is a lot more demand for mortgage advisors with the number of vacancies currently are equivalent to the number of vacancies for laboratory assistants and biomedical scientists combined.

Looks good! I’ve got the long and exciting task of applying for graduate jobs now I’m in my last year of uni. I think you just have to keep your mind open when doing these things.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Looks good! I’ve got the long and exciting task of applying for graduate jobs now I’m in my last year of uni. I think you just have to keep your mind open when doing these things.

Good luck 👍. It's difficult at the moment due to covid and the economy going downhill with decrease in jobs and increase in unemployment. The lab assistant jobs aren't as common at the moment and trainee biomedical scientist jobs only pop up once a month which is rediculous. I came across mortgage advisor roles and what got me was you train for a CeMAP course which takes on average 4 months to revise for and then you can apply for trainee roles. It's a complete change from sciences to finance but happy to say it is a interesting field. Also mortgage advisors especially self employed and depending where your working you could earn near £100k. In the beginning after a year or 2 I could be earning the same salary for a senior scientist which would take about 7 years to reach.

• Like 3

i do like taking the day off work to cross off three Santa lists before the republic of Ireland goes in to full lock down again, they introduced county lockdown on Wednesday however health advisors are pushing for a full lock down with further discussions taking place tomorrow, 

i do also like seeing the local police force having a checkpoint set up to question people passing through that way to ensure they remain within the county unless permitted to pass through, the part which i really liked is that it was obvious the law enforcers whom were operating the checkpoint had absolutely no knowledge of the local area as they were situated on the wrong road 😭 

the road they were on led to all areas within the same county, they needed to be on the road next to it which fed directly on to the bypass and all the way up to Belfast if one was to remain on it for three hours without being stopped as the majority of checkpoints are focused on roads leading to the motorway; except for the one which we witnessed this morning.

thankfully ive completed the kids santa lists and i have always been compliant with regulations,

• Like 2

On 10/7/2020 at 10:55 AM, zain611 said:

were in the middle of a global pandemic and there's no jobs in science within the uk ? would you settle for lab analyst or chemical process operator?  

I'm a chemical process operator and were absolutely flat out with manufacturing key ingredient's for a number of pharmaceutical companies to the extent that theres been an order placed for four additional reactors and six distillation units. 

being a mortgage advisor and not having one, reminds me of the nursery supply section in my local toy store; the young girl working there is only a child herself and providing advise to mothers and mothers to be on the best equipment for use; i reckon the best advise she provides is to say which car seat is the most comfortable as she still fits in them. 

best of luck though and fairy play for diversifying but i refuse to accept that the pharmaceutical and science industry is at a low; its never been more alive and to say booming is a complete understatement; I'm currently in my seventeenth year of manufacturing active pharmaceutical ingredient's and business never stopped throughout the pandemic demand for volumes are multiplying by the week. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BigLen said:

were in the middle of a global pandemic and there's no jobs in science within the uk ? would you settle for lab analyst or chemical process operator?  

I'm a chemical process operator and were absolutely flat out with manufacturing key ingredient's for a number of pharmaceutical companies to the extent that theres been an order placed for four additional reactors and six distillation units. 

being a mortgage advisor and not having one, reminds me of the nursery supply section in my local toy store; the young girl working there is only a child herself and providing advise to mothers and mothers to be on the best equipment for use; i reckon the best advise she provides is to say which car seat is the most comfortable as she still fits in them. 

best of luck though and fairy play for diversifying but i refuse to accept that the pharmaceutical and science industry is at a low; its never been more alive and to say booming is a complete understatement; I'm currently in my seventeenth year of manufacturing active pharmaceutical ingredient's and business never stopped throughout the pandemic demand for volumes are multiplying by the week. 

That's interesting. I'll be honest id think they'd be more demand for scientist roles but in London the total job vacancies I've seen for lab assistant and qualified biomedical scientist is around the same for trainee mortgage advisor vacancies in London. There seems to be more vacancies for mortgage advisors in London where I live. Also I could be earning a good amount after 2 years working as one compared to working for about 7 years in a hospital changing jobs to get to a senior biomedical scientist. Could trainto a consultant biomedical scientist that earn big money the same as a medical consultant but there's hardly any vacancies for that plus I might be able to earn near enough the same as a mortgage advisor working self employed or in a company which only deal with high net worth individuals. Also might be able to help myself if I go into property investment knowing the ins and outs of getting a mortgage for a rented property.

• Like 2

Autobeam sent me these 8000k HID bulbs. The 6000k bulbs I had weren't giving out the pure white colour I wanted so asked for a 8000k bulb.

IMG_20201009_114737_0.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club