Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Happy Birthday @zain611 :biggrin:

Got any plans?  

Thank you Tom 😊. Not sure to be honest. Mum was asking me what takeaway food to get for later to treat everyone. Normally we do fireworks but mum didn't see the point as we can't do any family gatherings due to lockdown. My uncle I was told went hospital in the night so might go over to see him and my grandparents though being careful. Did get 2 cards already from parents and sister.

It's been a tough year Tom. Went through an emotional rollercoaster, I'm currently worried about my masters grade and mainly now the jobs I might get into. With my masters im aiming for a merit though if I get a pass I'm sure that's still fine. I'm happy to be doing the mortgage advisor course and never know I might get a job in this field and be more successful than if I were to be working as a scientist.

IMG_20201106_105400_8.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

This is brilliant 😂

Screenshot_20201108-174438.png

Don't try to reverse back if you forget something; please remember your in a car not a physical que;

When you move forward the car behind takes your place 😂

This is from my dash cam few years ago.

• Like 1

I've been a bit quiet round these parts recently but I've been making tracks into getting started on the powder coating. Hopefully moving into my unit in a few weeks and my oven is currently being built. 

I will maybe start a thread once I'm in the shop so I can put up pictures?

• Like 6

Ordered some new LED dipped beam bulbs for the Fiesta, should make a nice upgrade on the awful standard halogens.

• Like 2

Im happy to say I got 2 interviews for a trainee mortgage advisor role. Had one today and sadly I think this company is a scam. Says there is a refundable £250 registration fee to cover cost of training documents. Had a phone interview and was really happy after the guy said he'll look happy to have me in the company to train me. He said his company is part of another company which is well known so called that company and the lady told me don't give any money to this guy. The company in question is called 'legal and protection'.

Looks like someone made a review of the company saying it's fake and they scammed them of what they are telling me to pay towards. Hopefully tomorrows next interview goes well and I get the job there. This next company has a lot of online reviews. Not exactly the greatest with 2 star average but depends on the branch I work in.

• Like 1

@zain611 anyone that wants a £250 'refundable' fee screams scam to me! 

Hopefully your next interview will be legit 🤞😉 and I always say folk are more inclined to post negative reviews than positive ones.

Good luck 👍

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Turvey said:

@zain611 anyone that wants a £250 'refundable' fee screams scam to me! 

Hopefully your next interview will be legit 🤞😉 and I always say folk are more inclined to post negative reviews than positive ones.

Good luck 👍

Thanks Turvey. On paper this sounds like a good job but when I called this 'company's' partner company which is a well known company called mortgage advise bureau the lady told me not to pay towards that guy. There's also only 3 reviews from that company. 2 reviews posted on the same date with 5 stars and one recently saying it's a fake company and that they paid a registration fee and got nothing back.

Tomorrows interview the company has over 700 reviews and seems to be well established. The average number of 🌟 is 2 so not good but then again I'm sure like you said people tend to put negative reviews in and must likely depend on the branch. Only thing is it's 50 miles away so might decline if they give me an offer however they currently have a vacancy about 30 miles away which I'll apply for.

Screenshot_20201116-194246.png

I do like Richard Hammond driving a Focus RS in the new Grand Tour

• Like 1

I do like checking my email this afternoon to find a dispatch email from Argos for my PS5. DPD are the couriers and will deliver tomorrow. 
I also like getting a courtesy phone call from Curry's to say that I can go tomorrow and collect another 2 PS5's which were pre-ordered in store. 

• Like 2

Mine arrived to my work at 10:30 this morning and is under my desk, I'm just waiting for the work day to finish so I can go home and plug it in!

• Like 2

God it's bigger than a pc tower.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

God it's bigger than a pc tower.

it's about the same height as a PC tower. Most of the internal space is heat sink and cooling. 
It is quite large and won't fit in most TV unit shelves. 

If they added a mouse and keyboard to it for a gameplay option instead of a controller I may consider getting one but I can't tolerate controllers and much prefer a mouse/keyboard interface.
Games look better on a PC and especially on my triple screen set-up

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

If they added a mouse and keyboard to it for a gameplay option instead of a controller I may consider getting one but I can't tolerate controllers and much prefer a mouse/keyboard interface.
Games look better on a PC and especially on my triple screen set-up

PS5 supports keyboard and mouse but it's up to game developers to decide whether they include it in their games.

And I agree games look better on PC, that's why I have a PC and a PS5. I get the console for the exclusives.

• Like 1

Well, the PS5 runs great. Played GTA Online last night and it was so smooth and looked quite good on my 4k tv with HDR. 
There's a new heist coming on December 15th where you have to take over an island and it looks really interesting. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

Well, the PS5 runs great. Played GTA Online last night and it was so smooth and looked quite good on my 4k tv with HDR. 
There's a new heist coming on December 15th where you have to take over an island and it looks really interesting. 

This is gonna be cool 

Yes @zain611 it will be. It's also interesting that this heist can be done alone, unlike any other heist. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Yes @zain611 it will be. It's also interesting that this heist can be done alone, unlike any other heist. 

Oh that's good. With GTA I just like to play with myself no randoms. Interesting to see what cars they add to this too.

@Zico one of my friends was selling a few autobeam bulbs. I bought these performance number plate units for my car and a pair of performance LED reverse lights for my dad's car. Nice and bright however the only downside is my reverse camera isn't able to adjust the brightness of the image due to the bright light.

IMG_20201117_160922_6.jpg

IMG_20201117_172941_8.jpg

• Like 2

People in work; were talking about a lad they know, said his nickname was "The Exorcist" because when he enters a house party pre-covid ofcourse; 

Anyway; when he goes to a house party he doesn't leave until all of the spirits are gone 🤣

• Haha 1

sounds a bit like a honda civic in the distance, but its another absolute tune, from Paul Kalkbrenner 

• Like 1

I like that this bloke sounds like he's from the North of England, when he's not.

• Like 1