Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

33 minutes ago, Zico said:

Switching them on them off within 5 seconds (if I remember correctly) switches between the LED colours. I keep forgetting the order but think it's white/blue then yellow then white/yellow.

I was following a Mini One driver earlier this evening that had their rear fog light on (absolutely no reason for it, clear evening weather) and tried to get their attention by cycling through my front fogs when they were at the roundabout. Needless to say they didn't have a clue and carried on there merry blinding way! :wallbash:

Yeah it's a 6000k light, 3000k yellow then about 4300k warm white. 

I've gotten into the bad habit of driving with them on and with the DRLs. Do look cool though until I fit my replacement halo fogs on I will be using these fog lights more. Do like cycling through the colours to get peoples attention 😂 

@FiestaForever do love the DRL headlights. Saw a guy yesterday in a black Mk6 ST and im sure he was looking at mine

Screenshot_20210204-231706~2.png

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, FiestaForever said:

I use the halo’s on mine as side lights, I have them wired to come on with them.

I do use the front lower fogs as drl too along with side lights. I bought the switch that has quite a few lighting options, front fogs can be operated without the rear.

I was with the understanding that driving around with rear fog lights on without fog present was illegal, I might be wrong though.

It is.

3    Rear fog lamp    

(a)Used so as to cause undue dazzle or discomfort to the driver of a following vehicle.

(b)Used so as to be lit at any time other than in conditions of seriously reduced visibility.

(c)Save in the case of an emergency vehicle, used so as to be lit when a vehicle is parked.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/regulation/27/made

• Like 1

A don’t have fog lights on the st lol 😂 weight reduction lol 😂 the eco sport has good lights just don’t take the st out at night can’t see sh**head lights are poor too lol 😂

AAB4B821-F4B9-4C31-82AB-7D6F5AE649B3.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zico said:

I was following a Mini One driver earlier this evening that had their rear fog light on (absolutely no reason for it, clear evening weather) and tried to get their attention by cycling through my front fogs when they were at the roundabout. Needless to say they didn't have a clue and carried on there merry blinding way! :wallbash:

I was driving in a mini last night when some eejit behind me started showing off his LED Bulbs with different coloured lights, though impressed, I simply ignored him and went on my way LOL I had enough to worry about with my broken fog light switch. 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Last week me and dad went to see this 2012 Citroen C1 VTR 5 door to get for my sister. Was going for £1900 which is very cheap for that year. Dad test drove it and the engine was perfect however there was a noise coming from the rear driver side drum brake which likely is the shoes binding. That and also the DRL ain't working which could be the bulbs or are just unplugged.

Managed to get this for £1650 which is a bargain. Good news is managed to get insurance on it with me as a named driver so can drive it too and with no black box for £680 😁

Screenshot_20210221-114646~2.png

• Like 2

I do like the lilac carpets of Crocuses that have appeared all around here this week... And the longer days too...spring is coming. :smile:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like the lilac carpets of Crocuses that have appeared all around here this week... And the longer days too...spring is coming. :smile:

I'm sure you'd agree today was a really nice day in terms of the weather. Actually woke up feeling happy which I haven't felt in a long time. Just makes me realize how miserable I am with everything going on

• Like 2

I do like ordering a few parts for a little 1:64 scale Hotwheels model project in the near future, 

Crazy to see they have an aftermarket modified scene through the use of 3D printers, 

I'm going to create two with the intention of selling one to cover the cost of both as not many people over here in Republic of Ireland know about the modifications available.

Started with a Falken tyres sponsored Toyota AE86 which I got for free along with a pearl white Premium Hotwheels Real rider model of the same vehicle, this perticular model has a huge following over here and they sell for €15-€20 still in the package.

s-l400-2.thumb.jpg.9fbd65b372abe75ff53fdf0931c769ac.jpg

I've been on eBay UK and purchased an aftermarket exhaust, 

181275991__12.jpeg-1.thumb.jpg.721e993ab40d0d66a51c0349bb6a310c.jpg

Will most likely need to trim out a small section of the rear bumper to fit; alternatively cut in to the exhaust cylinder to achieve the same recessed appearance. 

The down side of everything; is that all aftermarket parts need to be painted, so that's a can of grey spray paint required to spray that piece, 

Next item were some aftermarket wheels to replicate those featured in a very popular subtitled movie available on Netflix and possibly YouTube called "Initial D"

s-l400-3.jpg.4b96d920df2116c646ba3c49aba7db24.jpg

Fitting these involves drilling out both rivets on the base of the vehicle to separate the Shell from the chassis then snipping both axles; slide off the existing wheels; slide on the new ones then glue the centre of the axles in to place.

The next item to glue on to the boot is a duck tail spoiler for extra down force, 

1584227212__12.jpeg.jpg.101ea6a16cd57bc1692965bb18606a0d.jpg

I plan to obtain some red and amber paints to brush on the tail lights to add some more detail aswell as some silver in the headlights.

Final pieces then to add some real appeal is one of these 1:64 scale 20ft shipping container to put the modified AE86 in to as though it's being shipped from Japan 

s-l400-4.jpg.e03edb89f168598748f8769f6829f793.jpg

The shipping containers also come with a replacement clear front section: 

s-l400-5.jpg.a6f92fdf9ce7fbe6bdf44ca00b10478c.jpg

And just incase; if there is any space left within the shipping container after the installation of the vehicle, 

I've ordered a 1:64 scale tire rack along with some tyres.

s-l400-7.thumb.jpg.dee5861185ff7147e18c28f8ff2af3ce.jpg

s-l400-6.thumb.jpg.3023ff9c17d5ed62dbd45192e4da36b7.jpg

I'm looking forward to compiling all the parts and putting it together 😅 cheap enough for the level of reward and enjoyment involved in completing it. 

Hopefully get around €50-€60 for one complete, which should pay for itself and a small piece of my invested time.

• Like 3

I do like finding £20 on our drive this afternoon! Checked with everyone in the house, not theirs 👍

I also DON'T like that Mrs Turvey reckons we should have a takeaway tea with it 🤷🙄

• Like 3

I found a £9.95 refund cheque in an unopened envelope on Tuesday. Had a pile of paperwork to sort through, file or shred from the last 6 months or so. 

Not even sure why I got the refund, don't think I was expecting one.  Had my name and address on.  Thought it was a scam but I cashed it through a banking app and it seems to have gone through!! :biggrin: 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I found a £9.95 refund cheque in an unopened envelope on Tuesday. Had a pile of paperwork to sort through, file or shred from the last 6 months or so. 

Not even sure why I got the refund, don't think I was expecting one.  Had my name and address on.  Thought it was a scam but I cashed it through a banking app and it seems to have gone through!! :biggrin: 

That's the problem with you rich folk, so much money you just forget how much you have 🤣

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

That's the problem with you rich folk, so much money you just forget how much you have 🤣

I forget too. I had extra £1000 in savings acc  than I thought I had. But that's just  down to my memory not being the best now I'm .......err how old ? Can't remember that either and birthday was only a week ago. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iantt said:

I forget too. I had extra £1000 in savings acc  than I thought I had. But that's just  down to my memory not being the best ...

mmm... poor memory?? You do remember you still owe me that £100 you borrowed off me last month? 😁

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

mmm... poor memory?? You do remember you still owe me that £100 you borrowed off me last month? 😁

Who are you? 

• Haha 2

Just now, iantt said:

Who are you? 

I can't remember your bank details. Can you give me your bank card details and 3 digit PIN number and my Nigerian friend will put the money in for me. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, iantt said:

I can't remember your bank details. Can you give me your bank card details and 3 digit PIN number and my Nigerian friend will put the money in for me. 

Hey, I am that Nigerian prince! Gosh, your memory is worse than we feared!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Hey, I am that Nigerian prince! Gosh, your memory is worse than we feared!

You obviously don't need that £100 I owe you then!! 

I do like getting a WhatsApp message to say that next month's prescription of Hotwheels has been dispatched 😅

IMG-20210226-WA0015.thumb.jpg.ffdbbcac8bd7723f6888f9a271a79fcd.jpg

1410745_fef8dd1a-e5dd-4691-9d72-217ad224ac66_1376_1376.thumb.jpg.5e645225c58173eb22cf4e659c5c0eff.jpg

IMG-20210123-WA0021.thumb.jpg.1d6927f5c28d674ccc0d17c425634299.jpg

IMG-20210123-WA0014.thumb.jpg.7556ac08a1b80f2ab7f87d76ce6acb02.jpg

IMG-20210116-WA0114.thumb.jpg.4d43814d1d02ee7621e211a5a2159dad.jpg

Got me feeling like... 

• Like 3

I really do like receiving an unexpected big tax rebate from HM and Customs👍

• Like 2

Fitted the restored headlights on the car

Screenshot_20210304-195058~2.png

Screenshot_20210304-195124~2.png

• Like 3

@BigLen now I know where the Lenny meme came from 😂. Got red dead redemption 2, call of duty modern warfare and the last of us from my cousin. Can't stop playing red dead 2 and that meme.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@BigLen now I know where the Lenny meme came from 😂. Got red dead redemption 2, call of duty modern warfare and the last of us from my cousin. Can't stop playing red dead 2 and that meme.

It's lost on me; I don't know what it's about; 😅 showing my age perhaps,  must be in red dead redemption, 

People have called me this all my life which is ironic ☺️

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigLen said:

It's lost on me; I don't know what it's about; 😅 showing my age perhaps,  must be in red dead redemption, 

People have called me this all my life which is ironic ☺️

This was the bit where this meme came in

• Haha 1

Like that the over 56 are now able to book both  covid jabs  online . So that's us old uns sorted . 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 5:32 PM, williamweb said:

I really do like receiving an unexpected big tax rebate from HM and Customs👍

Lol as long as it's genuine. I keep receiving very convincing emails about big tax rebates on an almost daily basis!😀

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club