Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

That image only a bit of the CVT. Seems allot of parts compared to a manual box. 

all Honda's should be manual & Petrol 😂

2 minutes ago, BigLen said:

all Honda's should be manual & Petrol 😂

My bike is😂😂😂

• Like 1

got the damn heavy box out and apart. nearly did myself an injury trying to lift it into garage. 

Screenshot_20210403-180656_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210403-180727_Gallery.jpg

• Like 4

On 4/3/2021 at 6:08 PM, iantt said:

got the damn heavy box out and apart. nearly did myself an injury trying to lift it into garage. 

Screenshot_20210403-180656_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210403-180727_Gallery.jpg

A ring board might help with the rebuilding 😂

Reminds me of the show "money for nothing" 

s-l300.jpg.8c9a5b8f9e0b6c0f6f36b57daf386977.jpg

• Like 2

Do like getting my university course certificate finally. With how the world is at the moment it's proving difficult to get a job.

Screenshot_20210405-114035.png

• Like 5

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

Do like getting my university course certificate finally. With how the world is at the moment it's proving difficult to get a job.

Screenshot_20210405-114035.png

Congratulations mate 👏🏻

I absolutely agree, 

I've been deprived promotion because I don't have a degree certificate of any description; I've nineteen years experience in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals & API's, I've saved the current company €68k per annum in cost saving projects, i can even create process flow animated GIF's for integration in to power point presentations for training purposes; i can save the company money, improve processes, aside from work; I've over twenty guides on this forum 😅 I can even sing Elvis man however I don't have a degree certificate in anything,

Full List Lenny's Guides - General Ford Related Discussions - Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums 

so they took in a guy with zero experience but has a degree in computers and well he's now my boss 😂

so I'm a chemical process operator for life, in more ways now than just the one's I help to save or prolong. 

• Like 3

@BigLen thanks Lenny and not great to hear what you said.

Everything happens for a reason. My dad has been working in TFL for over 20 years now and was applying for managerial positions a few years back. He got into the interview stage a few times but never got the job. Recently he heard that managers were worried about their security of their positions so it's like God didn't let him the job because of this. Funnily enough he told me they had an apprentice manager job and that graduates with a degree can get into that.

He did manage to get a train instructor position which is slightly more pay than the train driver position he was on for all these years and my dad has no degree.

What I meant to say in my original comment was it's proving hard to get a job due to covid. The biomedical scientist career I was wanting to get into there's barely any trainee positions coming out. I'm happy at least I'm doing the mortgage advisor course which hopefully I can find a trainee mortgage advisor role when I have the first part of that course passed. Still waiting for that job offer I got in my local hospital. If I get that and start working I can at least start saving my money.

• Like 2

Finally got round to doing my online mot annual assessment this afternoon. I'm the only one at work to pass it first time. I What's app them with the good result. 😂😂😂😂

Means I can carry on doing mot tests a bit longer not that I do many now( probably only 15 a year) 

Bad news is there's a new annual assessment due soon  for the 2021-2022 year. Probably leave that to the last moment too. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, BigLen said:

A ring board might help with the rebuilding 😂

Reminds me of the show "money for nothing" 

s-l300.jpg.8c9a5b8f9e0b6c0f6f36b57daf386977.jpg

The garage she initially took it to estimated £1700 to fix but could be more. 

I'm hoping a few clutch plates, gasket and oil will fix it for £170 tops. Obviously family rates for labour£0 

• Like 2

On 4/2/2021 at 9:09 PM, iantt said:

That image only a bit of the CVT. Seems allot of parts compared to a manual box. 

Crikey! I thought these things were just a few pulleys and a couple of drive belts? Or was that just the DAF Daffodil?😀

@iantt dad has done a few things to the Citroen C1 we bought and thought it might give you ideas for your daughter's 107 she has. We added a glovebox lid and an armrest which I'll try and get pictures of 👍

• Like 2

Ice-cold beer, the beach, good weather and my truck.

• Like 2

@iantt here's the armrest and dealer's glovebox lid. Nice addition to the interior. Drove around in the car and it really helps having an armrest.

Screenshot_20210408-143423~2.png

Screenshot_20210408-143845~2.png

• Like 3

on the 25th March 2016 

My wife got in the car and went to Tesco for some small bits of shopping, 

came home to find that I had intentionally taken the unused fireplace off the living room wall and that was the commencement of the living room project 😅,

20160206_111407_zps9nhjwsjz.jpg.321143bfdfc14426a9f0a9ea24c3d5f6.thumb.jpg.3fa2f9d98ffe065145eede261efd3237.jpg

and legacy thread which has continued through the years here:

Living Room Project - General Chat - Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums 

the initial project was purely to renovate the living room; however when I got in to the dynamics of it all, the improvements quickly spread to the entire house as saw in the thread, i put a copious amount of money in to building a seamless LAN network and television distribution network throughout the home bringing it up to modern day standards and beyond. 

20190112_170131.jpg.ba8d04b8a35124afcdc545bdcb20c232.thumb.jpg.e8c5cb9ad5752a9b82adcef91e0ce3e8.jpg

20180218_164507.jpg.161884229701883f4c3c0b0198fe3721.thumb.jpg.c294b22930b0042cb4d9eccfb1ccabca.jpg

while paying a mortgage of 1200 euro per month and providing everything for my wife and our three kids without government assistance; the home improvement process got put on the long finger many times across the years since 2016, 

20160227_082844_zpscszbpr8f.jpg.ca4b97ffd9ba6e0658e37eda3d7d810d.thumb.jpg.176e3f62410cf579f5660f1a5a60bf7e.jpg

the cheapest temporary floor covering of 120x180cm IKEA matts @ 14.00 each surprisingly and to much embarrassment are still in affect today where initially they were only intended to be a crutch for 6-8 months,

20180407_155748.thumb.jpg.9af2759c11d13c87d39cbb087a86c9f0.jpg.f7f2a8fd40159223c62438a73287b708.thumb.jpg.678250d4cfc3b7553cb1603f50d65028.jpg

20181015_170532.jpg.373b00fb95eb24dee5d048bccb8cee13.thumb.jpg.422b597b808036979191e7ba2eedb419.jpg

however to counteract the embarrassment I know that my kids and wife have what they need as well as there educational needs taken care of, there rooms are finished in full, only the downstairs area which we get to as funds allow, so there's nobody really felling awkward about it except for myself, 

but I've been doing every available hour working six days per week since 2012 thankfully didn't stop for no pandemic, proceeded with permit in hand as I manufacture active pharmaceutical ingredients including some used in the covid vaccine's this doesn't mean that myself or my family haven't been affected atall,

Its been all work and no play, having to self isolate in my car on lunch breaks in work to make best efforts not to get or spread the virus, as well as set the kids up with an additional fold out desk and laptop computer for learning at home which was essential as they were required to atttend different meetings in different schools at the same time. and that is a fine example of how the progress on the home improvement process was extended in favour of priorities. 

16.jpg.888288f991f459983f483b29f1a077df.thumb.jpg.da980899807ab9ff486136e5e3e353af.jpg

17.jpg.dc710bd1807c3683186a266bf49cd701.thumb.jpg.9ef67d3ffabf202319509f14867df315.jpg

the only good thing about the pandemic is that I didn't have the in-laws coming in to say "ow its still not finished" when some of them have two incomes with no children and others still live at home and have no understanding of providing for themselves, they have this epiphany that some day everything will just arrive on there laps. 

the past year has been a difficult and worrying time for everyone,

worrying as a parent hoping that if one of us was to be impacted by the virus that it would be myself rather than to see one of my children impacted, and difficult for my stay at home wife having to diversify to learning the children at home as well as the children themselves; two of which are now teenagers, a time in there life where they begin to get some freedom for themselves going to the shop or for a bag of chips with friends allowed to be themselves a bit rather than stuck at home in isolation,

all said then we arrive to the status of the past recent weeks; 

there has been a four year long dispute in my work place between the workers union and the company regarding a pay rise and the implementation of new working terms, basically the second years terms got thrown in to the first years dispute and things snowballed from there, which resulted in a four year long dispute which left us without a pay rise for the entire duration as well as a number of health care benefits and annual performance bonuses. 

to be openly honest; if i had my way the dispute wouldn't have ended this year neither; as i rejected the proposed terms of agreement which were proposed in exchange for the 3.5% wage increase, the dispute has gone on so long that the majority of back dated payment from 1st April 2017 would go on tax; where myself and a number of others were seeking the option of buying shares in the business; where under Irish law we could then withdraw those shares tax free after 12 months. 

however the vote result was a yes, in the current state of proposed terms, resulting in no share option and the only real winner out of it all being the tax man from all of us getting a four year back date of 3.5% and an annual bonus of 250 per year. 

all that said now; I'm not to happy with the pending terms soon to come in to affect within my working environment to include the transition from weekly to monthly pay, and my annual bonus for the past two out of four years was supposed to have been over one thousand per year as I've achieved all of my goals aswell as implemented projects to save money, but the union agreed 250 per year on the bonus section back dated to every man. some will be delighted with that figure but for those such as myself whom have made every effort well we lost big time. 

but I am absolutely delighted to be in a position to progress further with the home improvements to eliminate embarrassment from my self created family home; 

the payment of 3.5% back dated on all income including overtime for the past four years as well as a bonus of 250 per year has come though, and I've been online to purchase some oak door frames, doors, hinges, handles, architrave, skirting, underlay and oak flooring for the living room and hall way, 

which will eliminate the ikea mats and almost complete the living room with the exception of two replacement sofa's

i can then look in to getting tiles for the downstairs toilet and move on to the kitchen, 

everything was currently held up pending the replacement of the door frames, and i had hoped to replace the front door with a nice PVC variant however the price of that front door went to the tax man. 

Existing:

20181002_192241_capture_zpsiiwzxgt0_edit_1538509316240.jpg.a96c9e85249347fd0e4390c9e939eafe.thumb.jpg.3c5c101e0990aae4b6c7b53da9beb09f.jpg

Future Planned; half the existing side window and put half sized on both side of the door way, just like the picture but without the letterbox:

IMG_20170102_134625_zpsfzf4fk39_edit_1489022359154_zpsims57inj.jpg.4a2e62393d9512ac6da87d5441c43bf7.thumb.jpg.6d37cbf8c5bf9cbd620d1aea62a71c0f.jpg

had we or they; held out for the shares option, i could have done all of this next year just the same but gotten the front door done as well rather than it all gone on tax.

5.thumb.jpg.ad9c6473ab663a8a3df964635ce2e0f7.jpg

soon to be replaced and floor fitted, just waiting on it all to arrive in the next week or two, then i can examine the restrictions to find out when i can have a carpenter in to fit the oak door frames, hang doors and fit the floor, to bring the home back to a standard which one would expect to see and be proud to provide to there family to live in and enjoy. 

thankfully i wont have to get another skip as my initial plan of stripping everything out in one sweep has still proved to be cost affective, the existing red deal door frames and doors will be chopped up for a neighbours firewood and the ikea matts will be rolled up individually, i can dispose of them in the domestic wheelie bin as space allows, saving the requirement of a second waste skip. 

thanks for reading. 

• Like 6

I envy your ability at DIY. Considering I'm hands on manual/trade type person , I'm useless when it comes to DIY around the home. Now I'm getting older I can't even paint a wall due to carpul tunnel in my right hand. 10 mins and I'm having difficulty holding brush. 

I'm aching today today from struggling with that honda CVT Box back in the car yesterday on the drive. 

Good news it appears to have reverse motion now. Will be a jazz driver all week to work to make sure it's ok . Got a walker/ Zimmer frame in the boot I can use while at work.😂😂.

Now I must go and re tax my big heavy dirty diesel Mondeo for another 12 months, Thats going to hurt my bank balance . £20!!!!!!!!!😂😂😂😂.

Another 4 day week for me , off on Friday for the big purchase to arrive . Finally the hot tub is going to be delivered and set up. Going to be lazy evenings after work having a dip with a  beer or 2 . Apparently you get drunk quickly so maybe only the one beer. 🤔🤔

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, iantt said:

I envy your ability at DIY. Considering I'm hands on manual/trade type person , I'm useless when it comes to DIY around the home. Now I'm getting older I can't even paint a wall due to carpul tunnel in my right hand. 10 mins and I'm having difficulty holding brush. 

I'm aching today today from struggling with that honda CVT Box back in the car yesterday on the drive. 

Sorry to hear that mate, I won't be installing myself; im useless at measuring and can't imagine fitting a handle and latch in to a door 🤦🏻‍♂️

I can do electrical, network and sattelite, my dad done the plumbing, 

The company supplying everything required; said there booked up until after Christmas with regards fitting; so I'm waiting for the delivery then contacting local carpenter's to arrange fitting; restrictions are easing here from Wednesday building trade is allowed to recommence. 

• Like 1

Regarding DIY ability, I'll give you a laugh...

I went to fit a new shower riser/hose/head kit on Friday.  Can't do much at the moment but as it's literally 4 screws in the riser and no bending or lifting, I wondered how hard it could be...  Double checked the new adjustable mounts to make sure they were fitted the right way up to receive the cover screws and the correct distance apart...  All fitted well.  Swapped the head and hose over, no leaks, great...  Went to place the head on the riser and realised the holder was upside down!! 🤦‍♂️  What's more annoying is they could easily have made the head clamp reversible but no, it's solid and sided, so I had to remove the whole lot to swap it over. :rolleyes: :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I do like applying PPF to these aftermarket VW transporter headlights. Impressed how they came out and they thankfully weren't hard to apply thanks to the non complex lense 😁. Made by the same company who made my DRL headlights.

Screenshot_20210411-143748~2.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I do like applying PPF to these aftermarket VW transporter headlights. ...

Am I the only one wondering WTF 'PPF' is?? LOL

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Am I the only one wondering WTF 'PPF' is?? LOL

PPF is Paint Protection Film 😂. It's a clear film you can put on the bodywork or headlights of a car to protect it from UV damage and from external debris like stones which might fly off a car 👍.

It can be a little tricky applying it on surfaces which ain't flat. There are a few water bubbles but those will evaporate when it's left in the sun

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do like saving over 20 quid a MONTH! with just a 10 minute phone call.

Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Plus with Unlimited phonecalls went up to £50 a month after our contract ran out. Phoned them up saying I wasn't happy paying that amount with new customers paying a lot less. Quoted a deal I could get from NOW broadband for the same deal for £25 a month. 

First of all the operative told me that they couldn't get near that price and offered it for £41-no deal! Then, after 'speaking to her manager' managed to drop it to £38-still no deal! She tried to get me to drop the free calls but I said we needed it because of my mum's health and possibly a lot of calls when she becomes more unwell. So after another speak with her manager she managed to drop it to £28.99! Deal! To be honest I'm more than happy with Plusnet as a company and I was a bit dubious of moving to another company so I'm more than happy with the deal. 

• Like 4

On a good note I upgraded my 35w autobeam HIDs to their brighter 55w units 😁. Will fit them on today and see how they are.

Screenshot_20210411-191554~2.png

Screenshot_20210411-185511~2.png

• Like 1

Thought I might share this clip of one of my satisfying reports of bad driver. This private hire driver decided to jump the queue when he was just behind me 🤦. The police sent him a letter to prosecute him if he tells them who was driving.

From around 3:35 is the bit.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, zain611 said:

...The police sent him a letter to prosecute him if he tells them who was driving.

mmm... I'm thinking he may not tell them LOL 🤣

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

mmm... I'm thinking he may not tell them LOL 🤣

Lol so if he identifies who's driving I'd say that's probably 3 points and £200 for driving without due care and attention. If he doesn't say anything that 6 points and a bigger fine to the registered keeper. 

I think now these people can choose to do a driver awareness course if the driver doesn't want the 3 points and fine.

• Like 1