Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

On 4/25/2021 at 3:09 PM, TimST2 said:

Install complete :thumbsup:

20210425_140924.jpg

Why the sad face reaction @BigLen? Don't you like the aesthetic of modern headlights on a 60's style car? To be honest, the adjustable coilovers and semi-slick tyres aren't exactly period either!

One thing this weekend's tinkering with the ST and 310R did reinforce is the need for more/better tools - deep sockets, new pliers, a bigger screwdriver, bigger torx bits, more ratchet spanners. If only Halfords could just hurry up and put some of their advanced tools on offer again...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Why the sad face reaction @BigLen? Don't you like the aesthetic of modern headlights on a 60's style car? To be honest, the adjustable coilovers and semi-slick tyres aren't exactly period either!

One thing this weekend's tinkering with the ST and 310R did reinforce is the need for more/better tools - deep sockets, new pliers, a bigger screwdriver, bigger torx bits, more ratchet spanners. If only Halfords could just hurry up and put some of their advanced tools on offer again...

Sorry I meant to press the 💓 my finger slipped as I'm using a smart phone; I've corrected my vote,  I also like the Gulf racing colour scheme it's a lovely combination 👍🏻

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Turvey said:

@zain611our son and his 2 frieeends! 😃

177614301_3858195530896879_205408677043497143_n.jpg

Praise the Lowered 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I do like getting the kitchen repainted, from this:

IMG-20210418-WA0028.thumb.jpg.db164df2b4198c4cda3bd851ac54cdaa.jpg

IMG-20210418-WA0032.thumb.jpg.bb12332a2d70a7c1ce81b63810d0d6b0.jpg

IMG-20210418-WA0029.thumb.jpg.0db2125d167c38b497758cc8b650038e.jpg

To this; light grey with one Fjord green wall, 

IMG-20210425-WA0002.thumb.jpg.8359b3a5aa24755edf4158819370c602.jpg

IMG-20210426-WA0002.thumb.jpg.9f8da332991815b942bce7a11e87d5f0.jpg

IMG-20210426-WA0003.thumb.jpg.72a9b13d90a6cf1356e6ebe7fc62a8ce.jpg

Just waiting for some items to arrive from IKEA now to complete; 

Have ordered two black floating shelves, a 101cm tall stainless steel leg and a section of Matt black work top to create a breakfast bar in the right corner there between radiator and door, 

I've fitted a socket higher which will be under the new worktop aswell as two RJ45 sockets in the wall next to it. 

The frozen blanket is covering the doors which are soon to be fitted to replace all three of downstairs.

IMG-20210420-WA0005.thumb.jpg.5f420f357fb744b7568ea83939250065.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BigLen said:

.. waiting for some items to arrive from IKEA now to complete; 

Sorry buddy, you lost me at the mention of that Netherlands hell hole LOL Only mildly good thing they have ever produced are meatballs! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BigLen said:

Sorry I meant to press the 💓 my finger slipped as I'm using a smart phone; I've corrected my vote,  I also like the Gulf racing colour scheme it's a lovely combination 👍🏻

:laughing: :thumbsup:

I did wonder why my pretty new lights made you sad!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Sorry buddy, you lost me at the mention of that Netherlands hell hole LOL Only mildly good thing they have ever produced are meatballs! 🤣

Meatballs and Kallax shelves. But not the one-way system :ranting:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

😂 I do agree some items are not great atall but you can't go wrong with some things they have are actually really good, 

The PAX wardrobe's and Hemnes range are really good top quality; I kitted out my two daughters room two years ago and it's still 100% I spent ages writing a full detailed post about it and sent it to IKEA but got nothing here it is: .

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/?do=findComment&comment=766329&_rid=115852

Kitchen worktop is cheaper like have the price of my local DIY shops, and how wrong can a 101cm tall stainless steel leg be... 

Well we will soon discover 🤭

The only problem I have with them at the moment is that there not open; ordering online is the only way; and shipping is 70 euro regardless of how much you purchase, 

And there's more; 

They deliver personally; and only do certain county's each week, so I ordered last Thursday and paid 70 euro delivery but they had just been delivering to my county the week previous; so although I paid top dollar for shipping, I still have to wait until the 25th of May for my order to arrive ☹️

How much shipping do they charge in the UK does anyone know I'm sure it's much cheaper ? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

There website also shows the warehouse stock locations in the details, so I usually make a list at home and go in the opposite way; 

It's like a meteor shower going against the crowd but once in the warehouse it's easier than having to go around the show room areas. 

14 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I would like to create a CV and apply to IKEA for a job, then add a load of there building instruction manuals to the back of the CV for previous job history

11th September 2021 I built this Pax wardrobe see attached, 😅

14th October progressed to the Hermes Desk with custom glass top.

Aswell as a few ravens Berger 3D jigsaw puzzles in December 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

It’s Swedish 🇸🇪 😉

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It’s Swedish 🇸🇪 😉

I thought that too, but if you google it, states it is based in Netherlands LOL Still a hell hole no matter where it originates from...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigLen said:

😂 How much shipping do they charge in the UK does anyone know I'm sure it's much cheaper ? 

£40+ for large item delivery over here.  Which still seems a lot tbh.  Wayfair is free.  Dunelm is £10.  Currys & AO are free...

I know it's never 'free' as such, but I really don't think we should be paying postage on top of expensive items unless you want to specify an exact time & day.

• Like 2

From this (after 5 months not posting)

On 2/28/2021 at 5:24 PM, zain611 said:

Wherever you been 😆?

to this!

You last won the day on April 24

Congratulations, you had the most liked content!

I guess the winter was a bit rough, what with the lockdown, rain and semi perma night. It's amazing what some freedom, sunny weather and doing less hours at work does for your mood :thumbsup:

Aside from giving my ST some TLC for the spring, I've also booked a charity track day and a car show at Castle Combe in my 310R. Something to look forward to at last :driving:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BigLen said:

Praise the Lowered 🤭

The three wise men travel in something a little more modern nowadays 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I do also like that I have now had both of my Covid jabs. Second was given last Friday which would be about 3 weeks earlier than I had expected the second jab was to be given 12 weeks apart.

Had the AstraZenica jab and no issues with the first one except for a slight tender arm where the injection was (about the same for all flu jabs I have had). Second one though seemed to give me a bit of a headache later in the day, something I never really have at all. Felt absolutely fine the next day though.

• Like 5

@Zico I fitted the new autobeam performance range HID Kit. Comes with 55w ballasts and bulbs. You can see how bright they are 🤣

Screenshot_20210426-230047~2.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zico said:

The three wise men travel in something a little more modern nowadays 😄

Now they bring the bass, Mad skids and straight pipes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Started my 'job' in this mortgage broker. Working as admin at the moment for 2 weeks before the principal decides if I'm capable for him to train me into an advisor

Screenshot_20210428-085843~2.png

• Like 6

try not to drop phone in this time. 

Screenshot_20210428-211656_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/26/2021 at 11:04 PM, zain611 said:

@Zico I fitted the new autobeam performance range HID kit. Comes with 55w ballasts and bulbs. You can see how bright they are 🤣

Broken link Zain

• Like 1