Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I've still never entered any myself! 😮

Though tbf, I wouldn't be able to drive most of the comp cars anyway lol.

You and me both! Getting in one of those would be difficult, getting out at all would be really difficult but getting out gracefully would be nigh on impossible! 😃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

That why I like BOTB, you actually choose the car you want, and then try and win it! I've actually chosen in the past quite ordinary ones LOL

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I had to read that 3 times then I saw the word "any" 😮 That's without having a drink 🍺

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Turvey said:

You and me both! Getting in one of those would be difficult, getting out at all would be really difficult but getting out gracefully would be nigh on impossible! 😃

I still remember attending the Ulster Motor Show when the Lotus Elise was just launched, queued up for an age just to sit in it, 100s of people all around. Getting in wasn't a big issue, but on exiting, I lost my balance and fell flat on my ***** to the great amusement of all surrounding me! That sill is about 2ft wide LOL Yep, think I'll stick to my Focus...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I still remember attending the Ulster Motor Show when the Lotus Elise was just launched, queued up for an age just to sit in it, 100s of people all around. Getting in wasn't a big issue, but on exiting, I lost my balance and fell flat on my ***** to the great amusement of all surrounding me! That sill is about 2ft wide LOL Yep, think I'll stick to my Focus...

I did something similar with a BMW i8 a few years ago...who designs these sills that are too wide to negotiate!? :laugh: 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Turvey said:

Lol I entered my first raffle for a YouTubers car which was a Audi RS5. Yesterday was doing the raffle and as expected didn't win anything. Think that was my first and last time raffling 😂

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lol I entered my first raffle for a YouTubers car which was a Audi RS5. Yesterday was doing the raffle and as expected didn't win anything. Think that was my first and last time raffling 😂

Kinda like me and gambling! My brother used to put money on the horses quite a bit, one day when visiting he wanted to watch a couple of races. 

The next race had 4 horses in it so I got him to put a £ on the 100/1 (he had an account with the local bookies) 

It fell at the 3rd fence!!! Never bet on a horse since! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

House on the market on Thursday, had 9 viewings ( pre booked open day) on Sunday and one more to come this afternoon and 6 more booked in for Thursday and so far had two offers in both above asking price. 

Looks like the move might be a goer.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Turvey said:

Best I can do so far! I'm guessing he'll take the cash though 🤔

Screenshot_20210606-193630.png

Just seen the same place had a lovely Mk2 Golf in Oak Green two days ago, much more my kinda thing!  :laugh: 

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

It fell at the 3rd fence!!! Never bet on a horse since! 😄

Best thing that could have happened to you! If you'd have won, you'd have lost your house by now...

2 hours ago, Wino said:

House on the market on Thursday, had 9 viewings ( pre booked open day) on Sunday and one more to come this afternoon and 6 more booked in for Thursday and so far had two offers in both above asking price. 

Looks like the move might be a goer.

If you ever need mortgage advise you can let me know. I'm currently training in a broker to become a mortgage advisor 👍.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Best thing that could have happened to you! If you'd have won, you'd have lost your house by now...

True! 🤔👍 

EDIT: Mind you, I'm a miserable tight git so maybe not! 😄

Now normally I'm never happy to see another car parked next to mine when I come out of the supermarket, but today I'll make an exception for a beautifully clean identical black Fiesta ST! Twins :wub:

Actually there were a couple of small differences - the other one had black wheel centre caps, parking sensors, the original Mk7 aerial and nearly bald rear tyres! I'm guessing the tyres must have been swapped from the front at some point, because I still have the original rear Bridgestone Potenzas on mine with plenty of tread, and that car was a year newer than mine.

• Like 4

Watching my childhood hero, George Best again in the BT movies documentary.

He lived down the road from us in the 70's in "Superloo" and was great to us.

What a player!!!

14 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Watching my childhood hero, George Best again in the BT movies documentary.

He lived down the road from us in the 70's in "Superloo" and was great to us.

What a player!!!

I met him on several occasions, he opened a shop for me in the 80s and signed footballs and was such a nice guy. Sadly, he also was supposed to do similar in the mid 90s, but never actually turned up (you can guess why), and the publicity of his non appearance was enormous!  I also attended his funeral, just one of 1000s that lined the road, an amazing guy and still one of the greatest players ever...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I met him on several occasions, he opened a shop for me in the 80s and signed footballs and was such a nice guy. Sadly, he also was supposed to do similar in the mid 90s, but never actually turned up (you can guess why), and the publicity of his non appearance was enormous!  I also attended his funeral, just one of 1000s that lined the road, an amazing guy and still one of the greatest players ever...

Nice one Stephen, yes he was a great guy, I tried really hard to get over there for the funeral, but due to work, was unable to, ironically about 1 month later my firm sent me over there for a week.

George said he was always happiest at home surrounded by people from Northern Ireland  & I always loved working there and was always treated like Royalty by my customers whilst there.

He was a smashing guy, destroyed by the press.

I do like hearing that there's something cool happening in the sky right now...but that we're not allowed to look at it! :laugh: 

The Greenwich Observatory are live streaming the eclipse on Youtube for anyone interested...but it's too cloudy to see anything at all right now! :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like hearing that there's something cool happening in the sky right now...but that we're not allowed to look at it! :laugh: 

The Greenwich Observatory are live streaming the eclipse on Youtube for anyone interested...but it's too cloudy to see anything at all right now! :rolleyes:

Hopefully get chance later as will probably be on news or like you mention online in some form or other.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's too bloomin' cloudy here too. Clouds always ruin any celestial event, lol. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

..but it's too cloudy to see anything at all right now! :rolleyes:

I can barely even see the clouds because so many clouds are covering them LOL

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

It's too bloomin' cloudy here too. Clouds always ruin any celestial event, lol. 

I did manage to see it for a few seconds between clouds around 11.20. 

Saw a neat trick online, to use the phone screen to reflect it.  Worked surprisingly well!  :biggrin: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I can barely even see the clouds because so many clouds are covering them LOL

Like being in the west of Ireland 🌫️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like when my VPN turns my weather on laptop into a Language i ain't got a clue, good job i still have a number.

At the moment i have Netherlands.

• Confused 1

Just taken advantage of the 2-year deal....... Thanks to the management contacting me on the problem.

• Like 1

I do like the warm glow I feel after using this forum for free now for 2 years, I have finally made a minor contribution to it's upkeep LOL

499105287_fordsupportercircle.thumb.jpg.9a9f3f887685d7262222378e3a3af7f8.jpg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club