Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Yes sure, why not...

So...things i do like...

Let's start:

Greek weather (even hot summers)

Greek non healthy food like pastitsio, mousakas, tzatziki, pie with pork meat-tzatziki-fried potatoes-tomato slices and onion...

My moped (Yamaha T135i)

My wife 

My family 

My friends

My partners in job 

Ouzo 

Amstel Beer 

Dewars (always you, always true)

Smoking Marlboro lights (i have quit of it 11 years before but the habit still remains into my head).

My new Focus 

My country's people 

My temper 

and last but not least 

talking with people and learning from their life experiences...

Have a nice summer all of you in every part of England, Scotland or wherever you are!!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I do like the warm glow I feel after using this forum for free now for 2 years, I have finally made a minor contribution to it's upkeep LOL

499105287_fordsupportercircle.thumb.jpg.9a9f3f887685d7262222378e3a3af7f8.jpg

after 2,562 posts its good to see one positive 😜

• Haha 1

During this pandemic, I learned to like cooking for my family, working from home, spending more time with my family and gardening.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2021 at 4:29 PM, Alexis94040 said:

Yes sure, why not...

So...things i do like...

Let's start:

Greek weather (even hot summers)

Greek non healthy food like pastitsio, mousakas, tzatziki, pie with pork meat-tzatziki-fried potatoes-tomato slices and onion...

Mmmmmm Pastitsio 🙂 don't forget Cephalonia Meat Pie 🙂

oh I miss my Greece so very much.

Yassas 🙂

12 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Mmmmmm Pastitsio 🙂 don't forget Cephalonia Meat Pie 🙂

oh I miss my Greece so very much.

Yassas 🙂

Yasas!!!

Kali mera (Good morning)!

Greek (mediterranean) food is healthy and tasty for the majority of the people visiting Greece!!!

I hope someday i would manage to taste your country's local food and sweets as well !!!

Anyone going to pure ford today? Sadly working this weekend in the hospital doing 12 hour shifts.

I do like that I'm not getting caught parking in the staff car park. Sadly there's a new policy that local staff members cannot get a parking permit. Thankfully though found out there's a certain area the parking camera doesn't see my number plate so been parking in the staff car park in the shelter where the mortuary is 😂

Screenshot_20210619-102041~2.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

... so been parking in the staff car park in the shelter where the mortuary is 😂

It's probably dead quiet there too! 😁

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Anyone going to pure ford today? Sadly working this weekend in the hospital doing 12 hour shifts.

I do like that I'm not getting caught parking in the staff car park. Sadly there's a new policy that local staff members cannot get a parking permit. Thankfully though found out there's a certain area the parking camera doesn't see my number plate so been parking in the staff car park in the shelter where the mortuary is 😂

Screenshot_20210619-102041~2.png

You use your mind as greek....

That's gooooooood.....

Constitution, rules and Laws are to regulate country peoples's life  but sometimes some of them are meanless!!!!!!

Parking is a serious matter of all the countries!!!

• Like 1

I'm quite surprised that the word 'shag' isn't automatically censored! 😲 😀

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BigLen said:

I really do like getting a good shag on the stairs and landing of my house yesterday, 

Now, what time is Kevin McCloud expected round for filming? 😁

• Like 1

It's a shame about that big black mark through the whole carpet.  Someone get the Vanish... 😮

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I'm quite surprised that the word 'shag' isn't automatically censored! 😲 😀

No need for it to be in this case we're talking about shag pile carpet,

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Now, what time is Kevin McCloud expected round for filming? 😁

😂 I can imagine his silent intake of breath and stare "ah so here it is" I'm a huge fan of Kevin; I really like watching "Grand Designs" 

52 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's a shame about that big black mark through the whole carpet.  Someone get the Vanish... 😮

🤫 My wife and Harry Hoover were both on the end of that cable; vacuuming up the loose parts left behind by the fitter; would have been nice had they vacuumed up themselves after fitting; I was expecting that they would have done but unfortunately they didn't. 

• Like 2

I do like watching Clarksons Farm...  Took advantage of a week of amazon Prime for 99p, worth it for this alone tbh.  I never did get into The Grand Tour so wasn't expecting to like this!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like watching Clarksons Farm...  Took advantage of a week of Amazon Prime for 99p, worth it for this alone tbh.  I never did get into The Grand Tour so wasn't expecting to like this!

I must watch it now;

Did you try all series of the grand tour? 

1 minute ago, BigLen said:

I have watched every single episode, I loved it, though admittedly I'm a big fan of the original trio - even seen them in their live show a couple of times.

• Like 1

I'm currently getting through the farm. He not such a ***** in this so quite watchable. What his girlfriend sees in him I don't know. Apart from the 60million he worth apparently. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigLen said:

I must watch it now;

No, my free trial didn't last that long. :laugh:

I liked the 'old' Top Gear but felt it tailed off even before the final series.  I watched a few early TGT episodes and the latest one with the boats.  Doesn't help that the camera men can't seem to afford a gymbal despite an amazon salary...  Too much motion on screen sets off my vertigo.

51 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I liked the 'old' Top Gear but felt it tailed off even before the final series.  I watched a few early TGT episodes and the latest one with the boats.  Doesn't help that the camera men can't seem to afford a gymbal despite an Amazon salary...  Too much motion on screen sets off my vertigo.

The “funeral for a ford” episode is very good.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I liked the 'old' Top Gear but felt it tailed off even before the final series.  I watched a few early TGT episodes and the latest one with the boats.  Doesn't help that the camera men can't seem to afford a gymbal despite an Amazon salary...  Too much motion on screen sets off my vertigo.

The “funeral for a ford” episode is very good.

I do like that I've stated doing a course of green belt six-sigma process improvement training;

I've completed blue belt and produced three successful cost saving blue belt projects which took zero investment to implement as I completed them in my own time off; re wrote procedure's to perform in a new way which saves down time following the new layout of the procedure much more sequential, 

Anyway; in now training for green belt; there's alot more learning in it though; four weeks training followed by an exam then complete a cost saving project to demonstrate ability then you get certified if successful,

Mostly training on how to study statistics; I've already completed 5's training and blue belt so well I think I can do it 😂 I'd really like to be green belt certified it's become a sort of a life goal for me, 

Not interested in going for the black belt; I'll be very happy if I get green, that will certify me to pioneer cost saving projects in a manufacturing process which I've already done three times under the blue belt certification; however getting green will allow me to receive the credit for all my efforts rather than having to pretend there was a "we" and we made this new cost saving procedure which is the way a blue belt is designed to operate is as part of a team;

But I work alone in my area and have done for the past five years; I have a list of improvements I can make; saved 17 hours on one process by making it sequential, 

And I've also used Microsoft paint; along with a GIF creator application to demonstrate the process flow in my power point presentation's 😂

This is a cleaning process on an open top manual centrifuge; see the RPM gauge on the wall too; it rises when activated

1044086446_C2CentrifugeWaterSolventwash.thumb.gif.43e6184d5c8f5ad38457a9469adcff3a.gif

I created that gif from nothing; also helps with training, the blue reactor is glass for acidic process resistance, grey is hastelloy C-276, 

A sequential restructure view of that GIF would say "when the first wash phase has passed to the second reactor, why can't the second phase be changed & commence heating in automatic; prior to processing the first wash phase through the centrifuge" 

With the view that time is and will be saved; because while the first phase is going through; being processed through the centrifuge; the first phase is automatically heating, and when the first phase is finished processing; the second phase will be ready to go or almost ready; with a reduction or elimination of downtime 👍🏻 increasing equipment availability time for the big money making production processes.

I've saved 17 hours off a cleaning process through this method, resulting in the company being able to make a few extra batches of product per year at a value of 70k per batch. 

However I must be honest; it hasn't reflect atall in my wages and I've not received one single once off penny from the world leading manufacturer 😂 and in doing that project under the  blue belt umbrella; I had to say thanks to my manager, production manager and two fellow operators whom all went home on a Friday evening the same as I did myself and were not aware of my project or plan atall; but where they spent the bank holiday weekend with there families; I hid away from mine and spent the weekend with post-it notes followed by Microsoft office to re-write a procedure and power point presentation for preparation for the following Tuesday morning to send via email to the production manager; to say try this buddy, 

Whom respond to say "thanks but you need to form a team to qualify" 

However; I'm going to complete the green belt which will increase my appeal to alternative pharmaceutical companies in the industry; with a string  of proven & demonstrated savings under my belt, (no pun intended)

As a green; I wouldn't need to pretend to form a  team, my ideas and projects would be accepted as me alone ✊🏻 which was always the truth.

Overall; I might not be on here much until the end of July as I'll be focusing on my training, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, iantt said:

I'm currently getting through the farm. He not such a ***** in this so quite watchable. What his girlfriend sees in him I don't know. Apart from the 60million he worth apparently. 

Thanks guys for the heads up on this show, am now 2 episodes down and love it! There's something quite endearing watching a bumbling overweight idiot totally out of his depth in pretty much everything on 'farming'. Very entertaining...

• Like 2

I do like witnessing a random act of kindness earlier this morning.

I came up behind a queue of traffic caused by a school bus stopping to pick up pupils. A boy was running for the bus only to see it drive off without him(driver wouldn't have seen him as he was a good bit away) the driver of the car in front of me obviously saw this and offered the boy a lift. I passed the school 7 miles on to see the boy getting out of the car, no-one else got out and just the driver in the car who went on his/her way after dropping him off.

👏👏👏

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Thanks guys for the heads up on this show, am now 2 episodes down and love it! There's something quite endearing watching a bumbling overweight idiot totally out of his depth in pretty much everything on 'farming'. Very entertaining...

Reminds me of Ted in the fast show, 

"Yes sir, no sir" "certainly sir" 

1 minute ago, BigLen said:

Reminds me of Ted in the fast show, 

"Yes sir, no sir" "certainly sir" 

I'm afraid the analogy is lost on me, have never watched The Fast Show, but I am 4 episodes down of the 'farm', already can't wait for series 2!

• Like 1