Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

8 minutes ago, iantt said:

Going on my motorbike due to the traffic that builds up on the approaching roads.

Now those 25Kg bag of spuds will be a challenge to get home! LOL

34 minutes ago, iantt said:

Let's hope it's as good as the first. I'm going to the diddly squat shop tommorow to have a look round. Going on my motorbike due to the traffic that builds up on the approaching roads. I'm only 25 mins away. If I see him I will give him some grief  like Kaleb. 😂😂😂😂😂

what your about to do tomorrow would be one of my life goals 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Now those 25Kg bag of spuds will be a challenge to get home! LOL

Apparently I'm already dragging a 25k bag of spuds around with me according to a post in the " things I don't like " thread. 

I'm sure I could put a bag on my seat and Bunge cord them to my waist. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BigLen said:

what your about to do tomorrow would be one of my life goals 

What? Give grief to Clarkson , visit the shop or ride a motorcycle? 

Saw Clarkson ,may and Hammond at a car meet at jap Fest some years ago. No one was expecting them . They turned up and film crew filmed them . raced old cars round the race track. Mate I knew lost control Infront of him and nearly caused a major incident!! 😂😂😂😂

2014-05-10 09.49.41.jpg

2014-05-10 09.51.58.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, iantt said:

What? Give grief to Clarkson , visit the shop or ride a motorcycle? 

Saw Clarkson ,may and Hammond at a car meet at jap Fest some years ago. No one was expecting them . They turned up and film crew filmed them . raced old cars round the race track. Mate I knew lost control Infront of him and nearly caused a major incident!! 😂😂😂😂

Meeting Clarkson; I don't follow many celebrities but I really like Clarkson; saw him live in 2010 for top gear on tour, very tall like almost 7ft and loves the cigarette's 

• Like 1

well, i went past diddly squat , but didnt stop as it was heaving with people in queues everywhere. had a ride into the village of chadlington. butchers and grocery shop open but not a single person in there . 

carried on touring the cotswolds of burford, bourton on the water, stow then back home. quite a nice morning on the bike. the google map infers i went offroad in a straight line in places. 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20210702-123258_Maps.jpg

• Like 4

Took Liam up the Wicklow mountains today; went to glendalough and sally gap co.wicklow but it was too foggy to see anything; 

He was delighted though; had him on a 70ft lead 

First time being up there far from all civilisation, 

IMG-20210702-WA0005.thumb.jpg.d783fb462f1ab8c6a2bbe77642f3e9d4.jpg

IMG-20210702-WA0006.thumb.jpg.c293a96bba980e8a024492a5477579c4.jpg

IMG-20210702-WA0002.thumb.jpg.a4fb476dfd75d027a9058355507339d4.jpg

Later went to bray head co.wicklow

IMG-20210702-WA0001.thumb.jpg.dabdc71e50dc551a6d122d59955ebef7.jpg

IMG-20210702-WA0008.thumb.jpg.8c727835bbfc207b924d881cc3e56532.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BigLen said:

Took Liam up the Wicklow mountains today; went to glendalough and sally gap co.wicklow but it was too foggy to see anything; 

He was delighted though; had him on a 70ft lead 

First time being up there far from all civilisation, 

Later went to bray head co.wicklow

Have visited Sally Gap years ago when following The Circuit of Ireland rally, what a beautiful area, I'm envious of your trip!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Have visited Sally Gap years ago when following The Circuit of Ireland rally, what a beautiful area, I'm envious of your trip!

Thanks; there's some evidence of some rear end action all over the roads up there;

I came back on to the motorway via enniskerry where the entire town has been covered by Disney; for the movie "Disenchanted" all shop fronts are paneled with stuff to look like a medevil town 

IMG-20210702-WA0015.thumb.jpg.c7addd39ebffc6649c2bb35bf5119fa3.jpg

• Like 1

So we were at my nephew's wedding last night and when the score was announced the DJ played vindaloo and coming home. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

So we were at my nephew's wedding last night and when the score was announced the DJ played vindaloo and coming home. 😆

Lol it was my cousin's wedding yesterday and coincidentally my friends wedding 😂. Look at that.

Sad news hearing about Hancock last week 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

Lol it was my cousin's wedding yesterday and coincidentally my friends wedding 😂. Look at that.

Wasn't the same one was it? 😆. In a field in Wigston

• Like 1

I like at the start i put a little bet on England or Italy to win the Euro and each way bet,if England gets through its a win/win for me.......Good odds as well.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I like at the start i put a little bet on England or Italy to win the Euro and each way bet,if England gets through its a win/win for me.......Good odds as well.

I'm feeling flush myself after last nights game! :wink:  

ItalySpainEuros.thumb.jpg.2d434cd1c323282187dc87db11cde1f1.jpg

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I would stop now while your up! 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

So Tom, you splashing out on an extra liter of diesel for the car, or, half a pint of beer for yourself? 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

So Tom, you splashing out on an extra liter of diesel for the car, or, half a pint of beer for yourself? 🤣

Well, I don't drink, and I've got 3/4s of a tank...  Guess I'll just bet it on tonight's game instead!  :laugh:

• Haha 1

I do like it when my 12 year old laptop has been rejuvenated by the replacement of a new 1 Tb SSD hard drive. It use to take almost 5 minutes to boot up, now it's 40 seconds, it's a real flying machine! 

I do hate to throw things out just because they are old LOL

1840636328_laptopharddrivecomparisoncaption.thumb.jpg.89fff17e36006aa4c1c37c61b5cbe2b4.jpg

• Like 2

I like getting the vin number of my new car from the dealer.  Makes it real.

• Like 3

I wonder what happened to the guy who was traveling in the fiesta across eastern Europe/ Russia etc. Enjoyed reading his posts where he went . Wonder where he been since or is he locked up in a prison in Siberia😲😲

21 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I do like it when my 12 year old laptop has been rejuvenated by the replacement of a new 1 Tb SSD hard drive. It use to take almost 5 minutes to boot up, now it's 40 seconds, it's a real flying machine! 

I do hate to throw things out just because they are old LOL

1840636328_laptopharddrivecomparisoncaption.thumb.jpg.89fff17e36006aa4c1c37c61b5cbe2b4.jpg

Replaced the battery in my 'old' laptop yesterday while considering swapping the new one.  Surprisingly, it's much quicker on the new battery, and startup is considerably improved, didn't realise the old battery could slow it while on mains power!! :unsure: Also didn't realise the storage space affected speed, I thought speed was mainly RAM based!

Though the thing that has blown my mind is that my laptop battery is about the size and weight of a brick...but has less capacity than most new smartphones! 😮

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I thought speed was mainly RAM based!

Though the thing that has blown my mind is that my laptop battery is about the size and weight of a brick...but has less capacity than most new smartphones! 😮

I too thought that speed was a direct function of RAM, but my laptop has the maximum installed. However, the new SSD hard drive has transformed my surfing experience. Even opening 'Skype' use to take 3 to 4 minutes, it's now instantaneous. The same with other programs, it's now a joy to use rather than a constant frustration. SSD has simply blown my mind...

Oh, I don't understand the battery thing either LOL

• Like 1