Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7
聽Share

I do like our 18 year old son starting his first job this week, night shift shelf filling at Tesco.

I also like the fact that already he's coming home with freebies! 馃構

IMG_20210716_200923172.jpg

• Like 5

Just had PS4s fitted in place of the original 2016 rear Potenzas that had gone hard (so I now have a full set). How much quieter is the car now!?聽:smile:

• Like 2

On 7/22/2021 at 11:05 AM, TimST2 said:

Just had PS4s fitted in place of the original 2016 rear Potenzas that had gone hard (so I now have a full set). How much quieter is the car now!?聽:smile:

I鈥檝e just done the same except they were 5-6 year old Goodyears, first thing I noticed was they were quieter, ride was a little better too.

• Like 1

Finally completed all 6 seasons of The Fresh Prince on iPlayer today.聽 148 episodes...works out just over 2 days of this year I've spent watching it!

Need to find another long running comedy on iPlayer to cover the next few months now...recommendations welcome. :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Finally completed all 6 seasons of The Fresh Prince on iPlayer today.聽 148 episodes...works out just over 2 days of this year I've spent watching it!

Tom buddy, you really need to get out more LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Need to find another long running comedy on iPlayer to cover the next few months now...recommendations welcome. :wink:

The Ranch聽

2 1/2 Men聽

Big Bang Theory-If only for Kaley Cucco 馃構

That 70s Show聽

Brooklyn Nine Nine聽

13 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Tom buddy, you really need to get out more LOL

If only I could!聽:ermm:

I noticed a sign for a brass band playing at a nearby park tomorrow afternoon so I may try to get over for that. :laugh:

12 hours ago, Turvey said:

The Ranch聽

2 1/2 Men聽

Big Bang Theory-If only for Kaley Cucco 馃構

That 70s Show聽

Brooklyn Nine Nine聽

Big Bang聽Theory is my teatime staple!聽 I've seen most episodes multiple times聽now lol.聽 Though I only saw the final one last week, not sure how I'd missed that before.聽 Also seen all episodes of Malcolm in the Middle since the pandemic started.聽 Odd thing is, I'm not really a fan of American sitcoms in general...2 and a half men & Brooklyn nine nine just don't work for me.聽 Those are all channel 4 also, I'm after something on iPlayer without ad breaks ideally.聽:g:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

If only I could!聽:ermm:

I noticed a sign for a brass band playing at a nearby park tomorrow afternoon so I may try to get over for that. :laugh:

Big Bang聽Theory is my teatime staple!聽 I've seen most episodes multiple times聽now lol.聽 Though I only saw the final one last week, not sure how I'd missed that before.聽 Also seen all episodes of Malcolm in the Middle since the pandemic started.聽 Odd thing is, I'm not really a fan of American sitcoms in general...2 and a half men & Brooklyn nine nine just don't work for me.聽 Those are all channel 4 also, I'm after something on iPlayer without ad breaks ideally.聽:g:

There's another sitcom you may not have heard of called, 'Schitt's Creek'. Only 6 x series (ended now) but just a delicious bit of writing, and genuine funny with a very moral background. Not on BBC though so that may be a factor. (about 80 x 25 minute episodes in total)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

There's another sitcom you may not have heard of called, 'Schitt's Creek'.

I was intrigued by that but haven't had a look yet. Presumably it's not a place to be stuck without a paddle?馃榾

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I was intrigued by that but haven't had a look yet. Presumably it's not a place to be stuck without a paddle?馃榾

No paddle required LOL

creek.jpg.0330bc0cf42fae9a61c5e3c214ce846b.jpg

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

There's another sitcom you may not have heard of called, 'Schitt's Creek'. Only 6 x series (ended now) but just a delicious bit of writing, and genuine funny with a very moral background. Not on BBC though so that may be a factor. (about 80 x 25 minute episodes in total)

Ah, I had heard of that but wondered聽why I'd never seen it on the TV guide...looks like it's a Netflix programme.

Wanted to watch 'The Dig' recently but that's also Netflix.聽 I assume聽these things will eventually move to free services (Channel 4 seem to buy everything they can!).

Just seen all series of 'Two Pints' is on iPlayer, haven't seen those for years so might give them a go as another 'easy watch' comedy.聽 Most of the comedies on there are repeated on TV regularly (Not Going Out, Vicar of Dibley, Royle Family, etc)聽so don't want to shoot myself in the foot for evening watching!聽 On that note...Fawlty Towers was shown again recently...and聽somehow they still got away with the 'flowery twats' sign on one of the episodes on prime time BBC One! :laugh:

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

...Fawlty Towers was shown again recently...and聽somehow they still got away with the 'flowery twats' sign on one of the episodes on prime time BBC One! :laugh:

The most amazing thing about that series, is that there were only ever 12 episodes! Punched way above it's weight, and 40 years later, still funny!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

The most amazing thing about that series, is that there were only ever 12 episodes! Punched way above it's weight, and 40 years later, still funny!

Mostly still funny, but I did find a few bits聽'uncomfortable' in 2021 compared to first watching them 20+ years ago on VHS!聽 I suppose that's progress though...聽:g:

I knew there weren't many but didn't realise it was only 12!! :laugh:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like @zain611聽bringing me some luck this afternoon! :smile:

Screenshot_20210724-141944.thumb.png.78c030db74ce56391d60b76a169e18d2.png

Lol who's this 馃槀. Think you got me mistaken for someone else 馃ぃ.聽

I do find it funny also hearing a TFL advert of a guy called Zain 馃槀

• Haha 1

I managed to get a second hand door for the car plus colour coded handles and mirror caps 馃榿.

Gave them a good machine polish聽

Screenshot_20210724-203924~2.png

Screenshot_20210724-203948~2.png

• Like 4

How many remember this.....Bottom.

This particular episode called Terror, is the funniest thing start to finish I have ever seen in my life, I remember being on the floor聽 crying with laughter so much, I felt it did me damage.聽 I remember my stomach was hurting so much I was hoping something funny wasn't going to appear too soon.

It was like they loaded enough material for 3 shows into just one

My humour to a tee

Sometimes it's quite amusing when you find out a saying or phrase can mean 2 different things.聽

My partner said to the chief exec that she had been round some of the staff and was聽 fluffing up ( as in making the people feel better about them selves) chief exec was shocked as he knew that phrase as meaning something else completely different.聽

Then her daughter said she was off round to friends house so they could Netflix and chill. My partner nearly chocked on her coffee she was drinking. Daughter didn't realise that phrase could mean something else!! 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

Sometimes it's quite amusing when you find out a saying or phrase can mean 2 different things.聽

As a teenager when in America, I asked my Aunt for a 'knock up' at tennis - I had no idea the american definition of a 'knock up' was something entirely different LOL

• Haha 3

Oh no, they鈥檒l have to drag it around using an older car till petrol/diesel is banned.聽

How about a battery powered RV instead?聽 Plenty of floor space for batteries, roof space for solar panels and maybe even a small roof mounted wind turbine as well...

I do like having our first boil of homegrown tatties for quite a few years!聽

Planted a couple in a big tub late last year but they didn't do anything and I forgot about them. Earlier this year they started showing some signs of life so I left them to do their thing. Dug one of the plants tonight.

Not the biggest crop but it was enough for me and Mrs Turvey and very nice they were too 馃構

IMG_20210730_171144326_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club