Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7
聽Share

@iantt yes, I heard about it last week 馃憤 not that we'll actually be able to take the weekend off....... I presume.

We have to work bank holidays either for double time or day back 馃檮 used to be double time AND day back but Single Status reared its ugly head and removed a lot of 'perks' and advantages....... but that's a whole different thread 馃榾

• Like 2

Never work bank holidays or weekends. , Or weekdays according to some at work.聽

• Haha 1

Worrying mark on my forearm for three weeks so, having had a skin-cancer scare seven years ago, I rang my GP surgery at 0930 this morning and was invited to submit photos, which I did around 1030. At 1100 the GP rang me to offer me a midday appointment, when he reassured me that I had nothing to worry about.

• Like 2

This iPhone i tried again,not had one since 6s as always had Android so tried an XS max at a good price,they have come forward a lot so think its great,battery is amazing and still on 90% health......all good.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iantt said:

this made me smile

IMG-20210928-WA0001.jpg

It is good when you get teenagers running a petrol station! LOL

• Like 3

If only this was the case 馃ぃ. Got about 140 miles to empty which should last a few weeks

Screenshot_20210929-160419.png

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, zain611 said:

If only this was the case 馃ぃ. Got about 140 miles to empty which should last a few weeks

140 miles would last me about 3 to 4 days now, glad I live in NI LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StephenFord said:

140 miles would last me about 3 to 4 days now, glad I live in NI LOL

I don't do much mileage. Just go to my hospital job which is 2 miles away from home

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

I don't do much mileage. Just go to my hospital job which is 2 miles away from home

My mum recently had a stroke, so I visit her daily at her home now, 30 or 60 miles/day depending on one or 2 visits. My petrol consumption has soared!

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, StephenFord said:

My mum recently had a stroke, so I visit her daily at her home now, 30 or 60 miles/day depending on one or 2 visits. My petrol consumption has soared!

Hope your mum is okay Steph 馃檹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do like having a double win on insurance yesterday.

Home insurance down 15% on renewal and cheaper than last year, even though it is same company but the new customer quote was cheaper.

Car Insurance, moving to Ford Insure now, 15% cheaper than my renewal, 10% cheaper than I paid last year and it means no arguing with insurance to get it repaired by a Ford accident centre with genuine parts. 馃檪

I was with Ford Insure when they were underwritten by RSA, but when they changed to Allianz the premiums were crazy expensive. Now it's underwritten by Admiral they're much more competitive again.

• Like 2

I have both my Fiesta and ST insured through Ford Insure, consistently the cheapest and a good experience with them so far.

• Like 1

Some of the funny things you find in the hospital changing room 馃槀

Screenshot_20211001-180824~2.png

• Haha 1

I do like getting a聽horn;聽

It came 馃槀 oh lord! It arrived rather yesterday from China purchased via AliExpress

Link: CHSKY Car Horn Snail type Horn For Hyundai Solaris Creta ix25 Kona Santa Fe ix35 Grand i10 Sonata Getz i20 i30 i40 ix20 ix35 i45|Multi-tone & Claxon Horns| - AliExpress

it's a straight swap double snail upgrade for my Hyundai ix20.

IMG-20211003-WA0005.thumb.jpg.5d144595f82747f888f8f42d3b371c4a.jpg

Which I'll be fitting to it next March to replace the very timid "meep" "meep" disc, along with a number of other upgrades and additions; when the good weather conditions return;聽

It's all going to be documented here:聽

Lenny's South Korean Adventure ix20 - General Chat - Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums

聽existing standard horn in the Hyundai ix20 according to breakers selling them聽on eBay looks like this:

1b461d4b64c9ae2d2ab75a326e2f0c25-hyundai-ix20-garso-signalas.thumb.jpg.28cbf2cd6310d7f2f2b1d37909ae9f2e.jpg

35a2f8a55ab0cd0b7ff27230424f622a-hyundai-ix20-garso-signalas.thumb.jpg.51987fc8a2d32f8c092f65a9c2e91633.jpg

and here's how it sounds in聽my ix20聽馃槃

So its being upgrade to a straight swap replacement from AliExpress which has a specific factory plug loom which plugs in to the Hyundai ix20 factory plug then in to the dual tone snails,

IMG-20211003-WA0004.thumb.jpg.110bd3527ff46836081de2a3806ec009.jpg

However it doesn't have a T-bar to bolt both snails on to the factory bracket,

So ill work on manufacturing a small strip of metal with three holes in it; center one will bolt to the existing bracket instead of the existing horn, then bolt on a snail to either ends,聽

1b461d4b64c9ae2d2ab75a326e2f0c25-hyundai-ix20-garso-signalasA.thumb.jpg.c7b98ae7e3fdf7f4acf2e5c7878fa038.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigLen said:

I do like getting a聽horn;聽

Indeed, a worthy upgrade!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@BigLen should of gotten a train horn 馃榿馃槀

im looking to keep this one as professional as possible, no decals or diffusers lol

my work colleague has one in his Yaris though, you know the Yaris which i put the 32" 4D Led light bar on,聽

• Like 1

30331913_SPH-DA230DABHeadunit.thumb.jpg.f31aa0957d81e723c3e607aea6bd2e21.jpg

I do like receiving my newly purchased Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB via DHL today and finding a free DAB aerial supplied in the box along side my purchase; which has saved me around 30euro not having to buy one and has put a smile on my face for the rest of the day as result of the saving,

its going back in the shipping box now and up in to my attic until spring 2022 when the weather improves; ill be taking a week off from work to install it along with a list of other items in to my newly purchased Hyundai ix20,

ill be updating the thread next weekend with pictures of shopping list progress, which should inspire some interest pending the overall finally in spring, I've been ticking a lot of items off the shopping list and the majority of them have arrived now; I'm half way through the shopping list at 1,275GBP spent and the overall plan will be 500 pounds over budget when complete,

but it will be finished very well and I'm looking forward to discussing a few items which are here as well as聽installing everything in spring 2022, will be a tight schedule to go from completely stock to 2,500GBP worth of聽modifications applied聽in one week, but ill do as much as I can within the time posting daily updates every night.聽

here's the thread so far:聽

Lenny's South Korean Adventure ix20 - General Chat - Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums

聽ill post an update on there Sunday聽evening.

• Like 1

I used to love going for a good walk and going to get back into it.

I see a lot with these trekking poles and i do walk over our fields or on the canal.are they worth getting some.

I do really like that this forum represents a true cross section of the population. Pro vaccine, anti vaccine, pro mask, anti mask, pro Brexit, anti Brexit etc etc. Breaks up the monotony of finding out why our cars won't work! 馃榿

• Like 5

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I do really like that this forum represents a true cross section of the population. Pro vaccine, anti vaccine, pro mask, anti mask, pro Brexit, anti Brexit etc etc. Breaks up the monotony of finding out why our cars won't work! 馃榿

If I can add to that diverse list; I work in the pharmaceutical industry; hands on manufacturing two parts of the聽 vaccine and one of colleague's is an anti vaccine 馃槀 will eventually be outside the gate by Christmas,聽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks to @alexp999聽pointing out my dashcam clip is on YouTube.

There's this driving instructor on YouTube I enjoy watching and decided to sent my clips to him. He put it up today.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, zain611 said:

Thanks to @alexp999聽pointing out my dashcam clip is on YouTube.

There's this driving instructor on YouTube I enjoy watching and decided to sent my clips to him. He put it up today.

Love his videos they are so informative. Did not realise when i was watching it that it was your clip (even though it sounded very much like your case)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club