Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Do like a challenge. My partner and her daughter are going to see grease the musical in Nov. Staying over in a hotel in Birmingham I think. " Would I cope on my own" as I'm not going. 

Cope!!! Cope!! I said by chance I'm away that night too!! And a better hotel, in a better location. 

I was only joking , but she said "fine, send me a photo with you outside the hotel" she knows I'm normally to tight to stay away some where. 

Challenge is now to find somewhere alot nicer to stay? 

1 minute ago, iantt said:

... she said "fine, send me a photo with you outside the hotel" ...

So, according to that agreement you don't actually need to be inside the hotel... just find the fanciest hotel possible, take a picture of you standing outside, then off to the pub.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, erictcleric said:

So, according to that agreement you don't actually need to be inside the hotel... just find the fanciest hotel possible, take a picture of you standing outside, then off to the pub.

Good idea!! I could just photo shop myself somewhere. But I know what's see like and would insist on proof of my stay. 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

. 😂😂😂

Ive already come up with a plan that involves me pretending to go to work early but then go to the airport and fly out the country. 😂😂

• Like 1

The thing i do like the most lately is my pay-day every month!!!!

😄

13 minutes ago, Alexis94040 said:

The thing i do like the most lately is my pay-day every month!!!!

😄

We all like that🤑🤑

• Like 1

Had a £300 quote for a welding job to wipe out an advisory, only to cost me £30 mates rates👍

• Like 3

Found a hotel stay in Tenerife . Get there lunchtime on Friday 5th Nov all inclusive , so hit the beers and snacks as soon as I get there, tea, beers , sleep, breakfast , beers , snacks, lunch , no more beers, fly back sat 6th  late afternoon. All for £266. That's flight, luggage( not that I need any as such) coach transfers, hotel and all food and drink. Obviously photos to wind my partner up. 

Not booked it yet in case I can find a better deal. 😂😂😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I do like making the most of the good weather today;

made me feel ten years older today doing something with a car 😅

sadly though my eldest daughter wasn't available to assist me today and i use her phone for pictures as my phone was 20 euro brand new two years ago and the camera is like looking through a shower room glass 😄

so ill have to retrace steps to take some pictures for the purpose of creating guides on these in the future; but heres the end results; 

i bought some T10 bulb sockets from AliExpress, 15Amp cable from ebayuk and my favourite type of footwell T10 LED which are these ARGO Silica silicone wedge: T10 CAR 501 LED SIDE LIGHT BULBS ERROR FREE CANBUS COB SMD XENON WHITE W5W BULB | eBay 

the spread of light from them is fantastic and there like a pregnant woman's nipples, they protrude quite nicely and bend when you tip off them where regular LED would either snap or pull out, i have them in my mk2.5 focus in red, and now they have been retrofitted to the Hyundai ix20 in the colour Blue to match the Hyundai interior illumination scheme. 

IMG-20211017-WA0000.thumb.jpg.3ed90f0730d3a22237a5cc5f003a395c.jpg

Also purchased a full set of interior light bulbs upgrade to 6000k LED which only cost 12 euro from AliExpress for every single interior bulb in a set,

IMG_20211013_162850.thumb.jpg.651b1b472352e042daa0117b5908ee52.jpg

IMG-20211017-WA0001.thumb.jpg.07d448bb4978b1b3db92166041565cf8.jpg

the only ones they got wrong were the Glovebox and the boot compartment both of which are the same size bulb despite the huge difference in the compartment sizes.

I was going to tackle the horn next as I have a model specific dual snail upgrade to replace the factory meep meep disc type; although I think I will need to make a T bar bracket to fit both horns to the existing location.

passed three hours today; removing the side panels from the centre console; drilling them with a cone bit to take the T10 bulb sockets, then applying a dab of hot glue to secure, followed by heat shrinking 15Amp cable to the T10 sockets and routing it up the passenger side A-Pillar to the interior dome light; where i spliced in to the factory loom, so the new footwell lights fade on and off in time with the rest of the interior lights and function independently; meaning they come on wheatear the interior lights are switched to auto or off. 

the comfort modifications applied today help to make the transmission from ford focus to Hyundai ix20 that bit less of a struggle, 

Had an enjoyable afternoon at the Savoy (Cinema not the Hotel) only 8 people in to watch the Bond movie on a Tuesday afternoon. Who says theres a downside to working weekends 👍

• Like 2

I do like taking up walking again and getting me the new fitbit charge 5 just has a tracker.

Try and do anything from 3 to 5 miles at least 5 days out of 7a week and got my friend that comes with me my next door's dog a staff bull, he gives me the push to go as he will just walk all day, very big and strong but would not hurt a fly.

• Like 3

Well, theres a first for everything.....walked to work this morning 17 minutes and 3345 steps 👍

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I do like taking up walking again and getting me the new fitbit charge 5 just has a tracker.

Try and do anything from 3 to 5 miles at least 5 days out of 7a week and got my friend that comes with me my next door's dog a staff bull, he gives me the push to go as he will just walk all day, very big and strong but would not hurt a fly.

Fair play mate; I need to start doing the same as you getting out walking; and the dog is a great companion to keep going; my wife walks our 29kg Bearnese beagle six days per week;

Screenshot_20210728-175449.thumb.jpeg.a6fbacd6e7ba5f79bd7a722be2ba70cb.jpeg

Had to hold his paw there as he strokes your face for a hug; and would swipe my glasses 😅 he lioes to hug🐻

Screenshot_20210923-065212.thumb.jpeg.1b7a3240159f8adb49c67a735547e78d.jpeg

I only take him out on Sunday's where I put his bed in the boot of the focus and drive to a forest and walk him for 14km round trip; then get him a sausage on the way home.

Wife thinks I'm weard because I won't walk him outside the house or around town; I drive 32 minutes to walk him there; always reminds me of the "Robert Miles - Children" music video when I look in the rear view mirror and see his head watching everything pass 😂

The other six days recently; I've been staying in bed untill it's time to go to work; then up, shower and out the door, I need to get more exercise and walking is great for that. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BigLen said:

Fair play mate; I need to start doing the same as you getting out walking; and the dog is a great companion to keep going; my wife walks our 29kg Bearnese beagle six days per week;

Screenshot_20210728-175449.thumb.jpeg.a6fbacd6e7ba5f79bd7a722be2ba70cb.jpeg

Had to hold his paw there as he strokes your face for a hug; and would swipe my glasses 😅 he lioes to hug🐻

Screenshot_20210923-065212.thumb.jpeg.1b7a3240159f8adb49c67a735547e78d.jpeg

I only take him out on Sunday's where I put his bed in the boot of the focus and drive to a forest and walk him for 14km round trip; then get him a sausage on the way home.

Wife thinks I'm weard because I won't walk him outside the house or around town; I drive 32 minutes to walk him there; always reminds me of the "Robert Miles - Children" music video when I look in the rear view mirror and see his head watching everything pass 😂

The other six days recently; I've been staying in bed untill it's time to go to work; then up, shower and out the door, I need to get more exercise and walking is great for that. 

I love getting out there in the fresh air, he looks great.

Was going today but dam weather so looks like Monday,i did 4.5 mile yesterday and there are a few hills,he is a bit of an old one now,around 9 years but he thinks he is still young.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wino said:

Well, theres a first for everything.....walked to work this morning 17 minutes and 3345 steps 👍

That's a decent pace!  Something like 6mph? 😮

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Indeed, a mile every 10 minutes, that is quick walking considering man only conquered the 4 minute mile a few decades back LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I used to plan walks on the basis of 4mph on a good level surface on the flat, dropping to about 2 to 2.5 mpg cross country. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I used to plan walks on the basis of 4mph on a good level surface on the flat, dropping to about 2 to 2.5 mpg cross country.

I reckon to average about 2.5mph on tracks and footpaths - that includes eating and drinking as I go along (as I used to do when cycling), "going behind the hedge" and standing peering at the map and wondering if I've missed a turning  - and some times gazing at the scenery and inspecting something of interest. I would like to think that I'm about 1mph faster on good level surfaces.

In the early 2000s I walked some coastal paths in Devon and realised that 2.5 inches on my 2.5 inch map did not necessarily represent one mile as the map flattened out and compressed steep, long gradients.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

No idea tbh. I know it 1.6 miles to work. 

4 yrs ago I would of jogged it in around 10 mins.

1 hour ago, Wino said:

No idea tbh. I know it 1.6 miles to work. 

4 yrs ago I would of jogged it in around 10 mins.

There are plenty of pedometer apps if you're interested. :smile:

I barely break 3mph nowadays, current average for this month is 2.7mph...looks like I won't be keeping up with Roger! :laugh:

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

There are plenty of pedometer apps if you're interested. :smile:

I barely break 3mph nowadays, current average for this month is 2.7mph...looks like I won't be keeping up with Roger! :laugh:

Garmin connect / Starva/ Smash my run and Fitbit are more than enough for me Tom but thanks anyway.

Got rid of the Treadmill prior to the recent house move so any further running exploits will have to be back outside again.

It was a bit nippy early this morning in shorts though for walking.

Its 5 yrs this year since my last HM which was done on a whim so to speak.

• Like 1

One month in and having submitted our energy uses to the relevant suppliers they can shove there demand for £100pm for Gas and Electric.

Electric £35.60 

Gas ......£11.16

Total ....£46.76. 👍

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 3:06 PM, TomsFocus said:

Say i do around a 4 mile work going off my watch i do around 3 to 3.4 mph average  and that's stop and start with a dog.

6mph i would need an ambulance on the other end if i got there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Say i do around a 4 mile work going off my watch i do around 3 to 3.4 mph average  and that's stop and start with a dog.

6mph i would need an ambulance on the other end if i got there.

I average between 10-12 mph on my bike.6mph is a jog,probably breaking out into a run ,thinking about it👍

12 minutes ago, williamweb said:

I average between 10-12 mph on my bike.6mph is a jog,probably breaking out into a run ,thinking about it👍

All depends on peoples individual fitness levels. It's been almost 5 yrs (2017) since I did anything of notable effort but my last full 12 months was back in 2016......

Screenshot_20211027-175221_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3e853d44aeed1ee4ab8656aa67fb3271.jpg

Thinking of starting up again as I have more free time nowadays to fit the sessions in.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club