Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

7 minutes ago, Wino said:

Bought my first house in 1991 with no deposit ( borrowed the deposit from the mortgage lender) Credit agricole IIRC a French subsidiary of "The Pru". £19k for a two bed terrace at the time.

Moved to a 3 bed ex council semi 4yrs later paid £29k and part exd that for £46k towards a new build 3 bed detached for £70k in 1999/ 2000.

Part exd that in 2010 for a new build  3 bed detached show house on a corner plot for £150k. Sold that for £175k in 2014. Moved to two terraced houses knocked into one which needed a refurb. Paid £115k for that sold it in 2018 for £165k and bought a 3 bed semi for £95k that again needed a refurb. Sold that this year for £145k and bought our current newish 3 bed semi in September 2021.

That sounds such hard work LOL Bought my current home as a 'new build' in 1992, and have been here ever since, I'm inherently lazy 🤣

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Wino said:

Bought my first house in 1991 with no deposit ( borrowed the deposit from the mortgage lender) Credit agricole IIRC a French subsidiary of "The Pru". £19k for a two bed terrace at the time.

Moved to a 3 bed ex council semi 4yrs later paid £29k and part exd that for £46k towards a new build 3 bed detached for £70k in 1999/ 2000.

Part exd that in 2010 for a new build  3 bed detached show house on a corner plot for £150k. Sold that for £175k in 2014. Moved to two terraced houses knocked into one which needed a refurb. Paid £115k for that sold it in 2018 for £165k and bought a 3 bed semi for £95k that again needed a refurb. Sold that this year for £145k and bought our current newish 3 bed semi in September 2021.

I'm living in the wrong part of the country. 😅

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

That sounds such hard work LOL Bought my current home as a 'new build' in 1992, and have been here ever since, I'm inherently lazy 🤣

Lol. Two of the moves were errr let's say forced. One by a divorce and the other by a total idiot as a neighbour but we are finally settled .....for the moment.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I'm living in the wrong part of the country. 😅

An old school pal of mine buggered off to Dorset when his mother decided to walk out and take a teaching job in Poole. 

The rate of increase in house prices is ridiculous. I'm trying to do my part to reduce house price inflation by keeping my house price down with DIY "improvements".

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, erictcleric said:

... by keeping my house price down with DIY "improvements".

But all that pebble dashing is so attractive! 😁

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

But all that pebble dashing is so attractive! 😁

Can't go wrong with some lovely textured paint on the internal walls. Stops the kids leaving hand prints if nowt else 😉

6 hours ago, StephenFord said:

24, OMG, some of my watches are older than that - I'm away for a lie down LOL

I've got t-shirts older 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turvey said:

I've got t-shirts older 😀

And me! I regularly wear t shirts from 2003, knew it was that year as it was our first holiday to Florida and t shirts there were far better quality and less than half the price. Bought a load back and out lasted any I've had since 

On houses, my dad bought my first house. 2 bed terraced. So first mortgage was on the next house. Think I needed to borrow  £25k for mortgage so actually borrowed £30k and bought a brand new motorcycle as well!! 😂😂😂

Happy days ( until divorce came along and witch had the house) 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 9:44 PM, iantt said:

Like laughing at my partner with her choice of viewing tonight. She lined this evening's viewing on TV. She found something on Amazon I think. We sat down to start to watch and we were a little confused at the plot but picked it up slowly and still it wasn't clear really. I paused it after 50 mins of 60mins just to see how long it was. Mmm ..... Season 1 episode 10🤭🤭🤭🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬😂😂😂.

Missed the last 9 episodes then. 

She is such a **** sometimes. 

She's gone and done it again. 

Last night she said she found a new TV show to watch. Dexter , new blood. I thought great. As we watched the first episode , I the plot didn't seem to flow as if we had missed a few episodes. Well we watched it to the end. I seemed to recall there being a Dexter TV programme that I hadn't bothered watching previously. I googled to find out we had missed the last 10 or so seasons of dexter 😂😂😂😂😂☹️

• Haha 3

My Nan bought her bungalow brand new in 1967 and is still there now!!  It cost £4000... :laugh: 

my parents bought there first house in 1964. paid £2500. were there for around 40 years. 

just checked on zoopla and found they sold it for£350k. last year it sold £530k !!!!wow. 

Screenshot_20211110-124846_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

I’m not at all been competitive here ha ha.My parents bought their cottage c1960 for £1000.My 95 yrs young mother still lives there👍

• Like 4

My friends still live in the same terraced house that they bought in 1968 for £500 and then received a government grant for £500 to fit a bathroom and toilet the same houses on their street are now selling for £180,000, their rates( council tax) was 2/6d ( 12·5p) per month.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 11:15 PM, iantt said:

She's gone and done it again. 

Last night she said she found a new TV show to watch. Dexter , new blood. I thought great. As we watched the first episode , I the plot didn't seem to flow as if we had missed a few episodes. Well we watched it to the end. I seemed to recall there being a Dexter TV programme that I hadn't bothered watching previously. I googled to find out we had missed the last 10 or so seasons of dexter 😂😂😂😂😂☹️

If you haven't seen any of the 'original' Dexter then you're in for a good show (just as long as you get the right order 😄 ).

The 'New Blood' is something I will get round to watching as it's just started on Sky which I'm not giving any money to!!

I like that the "Quote selection" Box is back to normal and the names of those 'quoted' have reappeared as if by magic 👍

quote box.JPG

• Like 2

10 hours ago, unofix said:

I like that the "Quote selection" Box is back to normal and the names of those 'quoted' have reappeared as if by magic 👍

quote box.JPG

Gosh, you're right! LOL

• Haha 1

My oil boiler was grumbling at me telling me there was some impending doom on the horizon, so made an appointment for 'my guy' to call out and have a look. Unfortunately the boiler never got the menu and packed up totally at the weekend! I just love the way he actually 'repairs' stuff, rather than look at it with a sharp intake of breath saying my 28 year old boiler needs ripped out and replaced.

You can see by his side, 2 x 'scrap' boilers he had i his van and used some new parts, and some 'recycled' bits - the boiler now runs so silently it no longer wakes me up in the morning, I quite miss that LOL

IMG_20211115_131915.thumb.jpg.97b9f254adb6cb639ff4aa8d50868ab2.jpg

IMG_20211115_123407.thumb.jpg.14ecae67b46deb80a582a35f39ba0aab.jpg

• Like 3

Here on the 'Main Land' as I'm sure you might politely refer to us English, the re-use of parts from an old boiler would get you 10 years hard labour ! 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

My oil boiler was grumbling at me telling me there was some impending doom on the horizon, so made an appointment for 'my guy' to call out and have a look. Unfortunately the boiler never got the menu and packed up totally at the weekend! I just love the way he actually 'repairs' stuff, rather than look at it with a sharp intake of breath saying my 28 year old boiler needs ripped out and replaced.

You can see by his side, 2 x 'scrap' boilers he had i his van and used some new parts, and some 'recycled' bits - the boiler now runs so silently it no longer wakes me up in the morning, I quite miss that LOL

IMG_20211115_131915.thumb.jpg.97b9f254adb6cb639ff4aa8d50868ab2.jpg

IMG_20211115_123407.thumb.jpg.14ecae67b46deb80a582a35f39ba0aab.jpg

Our heating engineer that we have used for the last 8 yrs or so is of similar ilk.

They would rather repair than rip it out and replace, which in this climate is hard to find.

• Like 1

I do like doing my good deed for the day 😇

Just finished pressure washing our drive and path last weekend and our retired neighbours came over and asked if I would do theirs sometime. 

Set to it today, only took an hour or so but I was chuffed with the results, hopefully make it safer for them in the winter.

Only got one after shot as he came out and started speaking just when I was finishing 😀

IMG_20211121_115653089.jpg

IMG_20211121_130756883.jpg

• Like 2

Treating myself to a nice chocolate brownie after a steady 9.5 mile walk along the local TPT.12042723_20211123_1406442.thumb.jpg.3149a8fb463dde9d9a58cef7b673e200.jpg

• Like 2

I do like going on a mystery destination tomorrow with a beautiful woman which I met last week via Tinder, 

she's collecting me tomorrow morning and dropping me back tomorrow evening but wont say where were going, 

so spontaneous and exciting  

• Like 4