Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

1 minute ago, BigLen said:

I do like going on a mystery destination tomorrow with a beautiful woman which I met last week via Tinder, 

she's collecting me tomorrow morning and dropping me back tomorrow evening but wont say where were going, 

so spontaneous and exciting  

Crikey, you don't hang around! LOL Best of luck buddy...:thumbs_up:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Crikey, you don't hang around! LOL Best of luck buddy...:thumbs_up:

Absolutely amazing day guys, 

her chin fits on my shoulder, brought be for a picnic and fed me cheese aswell as chocolate, 

seeing her again tomorrow; says im effin amazing 😅

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, BigLen said:

seeing her again tomorrow

I wish you well, but just be a little cautious. Often if something is to good to be true there is a catch.

I hope you have a fantastic day 😀

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, unofix said:

I wish you well, but just be a little cautious. Often if something is to good to be true there is a catch.

Oh stop being such a killjoy LOL 🤣 As long as he keeps his PIN number to himself, and his wallet well secured, he'll be fine 😁 (It may have been a while, but you can buy 'them' in supermarkets now!) :thumbs_up:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Oh stop being such a killjoy LOL 🤣 As long as he keeps his PIN number to himself, and his wallet well secured, he'll be fine 😁 (It may have been a while, but you can buy 'them' in supermarkets now!) :thumbs_up:

setup a shared playlist on Spotify, its going really well, 

have to introduce the dog next, then the kids, 

I've put that off for Atleast a week; seven days of foreplay 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, BigLen said:

setup a shared playlist on Spotify, its going really well, 

have to introduce the dog next, then the kids, 

I've put that off for Atleast a week; seven days of foreplay 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This morning taking the other half out for some retail therapy, my TPMS alarm alerted me that my rear passenger tire was in trouble, it had lost 5 pounds in 3 miles. So, I dropped her off at a shop, then drove 300yds to a known independent standalone tire shop.

Disappointed to see a few cars in front of me, but after just 5 minutes, the guy waved me in front, I got out of the car as he was pushing the jack up trolley to the appropriate tire. I said I hadn't even told him what was wrong yet, he pointed to my tire and said, you have a puncture, right? I looked at the tire and it was pretty much flat.

He worked his magic with the soapy water, then walked towards me. Here we go I thought, he'll be suggesting a new tire now. But, he told me it was the valve stem, and showed me the fault. The darn thing had totally split at the base! Could have been the original 16 year old one!

Anyway, 5 minutes later I was driving back out - total cost, £5, yep, I like repairs like that!

• Like 7

I do like the heated steering wheel on the EcoSport! 😀

Thought it was a bit of a gimmick but bit chilly up here today and thought I would try it. Lovely and toasty, even encouraged me to drive with both hands on the wheel as the gearstick, usual resting place for my left hand, was freezing! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

Wonder what would have happened if you had gone into Halfords etc 

They would have fitted a new car to the wheel 🤣 ..... and charged Stephen £30,000 for the privilege 🤣

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

Thought it was a bit of a gimmick but bit chilly up here today and thought I would try it. Lovely and toasty, even encouraged me to drive with both hands on the wheel

With Reynauds it is no gimmick, I doubt I could drive a car in Winter (or Spring or Autumn all to often) without it now! It brings back enjoyment into Winter driving.

Like you, my bad habit for many, many years of driving mostly with one hand on the wheel has gone away almost entirely! So there is one add-on that does improve road safety a tad.

It was a lot of work, on a basic 2006 Focus, I had little option but to build it myself. However it is the best mod I have done.

4 hours ago, Turvey said:

Thought it was a bit of a gimmick but bit chilly up here today and thought I would try it. Lovely and toasty, even encouraged me to drive with both hands on the wheel as the gearstick, usual resting place for my left hand, was freezing! 

I like my heated seats esp when there leather . 

9 hours ago, iantt said:

I like my heated seats esp when there leather . 

Had mine on this morning on the way to work. Minus 3 and sitting on cold leather in shorts is not nice first thing in the morning. It certainly wakes you up.

3 hours ago, Wino said:

Had mine on this morning on the way to work. Minus 3 and sitting on cold leather in shorts is not nice first thing in the morning. It certainly wakes you up.

Don't wear leather shorts then😂😂😂😂 

Mens-Bavarian-Lederhosen-German-Oktoberfest-Traditional-Shorts-Beer.jpg

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, iantt said:

Don't wear leather shorts then😂😂😂😂 

Mens-Bavarian-Lederhosen-German-Oktoberfest-Traditional-Shorts-Beer.jpg

Could do with some longer socks with the look of the weather outside.

All the foreign contingent are worried if their coach will turn up for end of shift with the snow.

Finally got the ST washed today after months with a bad back :thumbsup:

In fact, today is one of those rare moments when all three cars, the house and the garden are all clean and tidy!

• Like 6

On 11/27/2021 at 6:14 PM, Turvey said:

I also like the heated front screen 👍 why is this not standard spec on every car? 🤷

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I also like the heated front screen 👍 why is this not standard spec on every car? 🤷

It was by far the best car 'option' I ever had on my 1990 RS Turbo, agree it should be standard!

Thought I'd show my little side business I've started.

So started looking at cars I can flip for profit. After a week of looking and sadly getting turned down due to other people getting some cars before me I picked up this VW up. Got it from a dealer who wanted a quick sale on it. 

Full service history, new cambelt and auxiliary belt done a few thousand miles and has 0 problems on it. Has 86k miles on it and I picked it up for the same price I've seen high mileage or category damaged ups. Hopefully can sell it for a profit.

Screenshot_20211203-002808~2.png

• Like 5

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

So started looking at cars I can flip for profit. After a week of looking and sadly getting turned down due to other people getting some cars before me I picked up this VW up. Got it from a dealer who wanted a quick sale on it. 

Full service history, new cambelt and auxiliary belt done a few thousand miles and has 0 problems on it. Has 86k miles on it and I picked it up for the same price I've seen high mileage or category damaged ups. Hopefully can sell it for a profit.

Screenshot_20211203-002808~2.png

Have you been watching Car Throttle? 😉

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

Full service history, new cambelt and auxiliary belt done .....

You missed a trick there, could have put the price on it for your 1st official ad LOL 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

Have you been watching Car Throttle? 😉

Haven't watched them in a while but I'm sure I did see a related video from them on my recommendations 😂

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

You missed a trick there, could have put the price on it for your 1st official ad LOL 🤣

Should sell it for £3600. Has full service history and cambelt was done only 7k miles ago with receipt to prove it. New auxiliary belt too.

Had a major service done 2 years ago which included normal service bits along with front discs and pads and rear brake kit costing £520 (again with receipt to prove it) plus 4 new tires, 2 changed in the major service and the other two changed last year 👍

Screenshot_20211203-111230~2.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, BigLen said:

I do like my new partner; 

Things are going really well and she lives 30 minutes away and only 10 minutes from work, 

Screenshot_20211207-214013_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.6e875c341439eef44f675a02a5b56ba8.jpg

Are the airbags fitted as standard 😉

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wino said:

Are the airbags fitted as standard 😉

Massive aren't they lol 

All real and no kids, 

36 same age as me too, 

• Like 2