Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Yay, the 2010  Noddy car passes its MOT, it's still not failed one yet. I wonder if the Focus will pass on Saturday 🤔

• Like 1

Do like that both the Mrs and myself have completed 2 months of no Alcohol 😳 

Do I feel any different...err no and the sleep has gone to ***** but my resting HR has dropped by 5bpm.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wino said:

Do I feel any different...err no and the sleep has gone to ***** but my resting HR has dropped by 5bpm.

Will you be changing your username now? 🤔😃

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wino said:

I don't know the reasons why you would embark on such a journey of no alcohol unless of course you were a couple of steaming alcoholics 🤣

1 minute ago, Turvey said:

Will you be changing your username now? 🤔😃

NO... 🍻🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, unofix said:

I don't know the reasons why you would embark on such a journey of no alcohol unless of course you were a couple of steaming alcoholics 🤣

Lol, I wouldn't say steaming alcoholics....just a glass of wine almost everynight, more of a nightcap than anything else. We normally put TV on in bedroom around 8:30/9pm and have a glass of wine or whatever whilst watching what's on. Certainly dont binge drink or do the full bottle a night.......anymore 😆

• Haha 1

20 years since i stopped smoking and drinking, apart from the initial lung clearing over a couple of months the lack of alcohol had zero effect. All down to an A+E doctor whilst i was wired up after a heart attack that said if i didnt change my lifestyle i'd soon be dead. I'm still here. I thought a glass of red was good for you.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

20 years since i stopped smoking and drinking, apart from the initial lung clearing over a couple of months the lack of alcohol had zero effect. All down to an A+E doctor whilst i was wired up after a heart attack that said if i didnt change my lifestyle i'd soon be dead. I'm still here. I thought a glass of red was good for you.

Firstly, well done for turning lifestyle around 👍 I stopped smoking when the first child was born @ 26yrs ago and certainly don't miss it but like you posted above a glass of red a day is supposedly good and it's not done me any harm so far.

• Like 1

I've never smoked.  Drunk a few beers when I was 16, but stopped before I was even legal age.  My health is a mess regardless. 

Moral of the story?  Do what you enjoy...something will kill you eventually anyway! :smile: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Moral of the story?  Do what you enjoy...something will kill you eventually anyway! :smile: 

I too have never smoked, and have been lifetime teetotal, but have had numerous serious health issues! Good sentiment...

• Like 3

TBF 18-20 is a blank spot in my life, work, pub, bed, hopefully i enjoyed it LOL

• Like 2

I do like getting some quality expert work for nothing!

Last week, a stone hit my windscreen, leaving a mark on it. It was on the passenger side BUT, everytime I drove, my eye just kept wandering over to it, and was very distracting. I took it to National Windscreens in Belfast earlier to see if it was worth getting a chip repair.

On examination, the manager told me it wasn't a proper chip, the stone had scuffed the glass just leaving a mark, and because of that, it wouldn't get any worse.

Anyway, he then offered to reduce the mark, and proceed to squirt some magic potion on some plastic then slapped it over the mark, left to dry for 10 minutes, then peeled off, and used a razor blade to lift off all the residue. Then used some more magic cream and polished it all up.

I can barely see it now, and wasn't charged a penny on condition that whenever I did need a windscreen, I'd keep them in mind... 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I do like getting some quality expert work for nothing!

Last week, a stone hit my windscreen, leaving a mark on it. It was on the passenger side BUT, everytime I drove, my eye just kept wandering over to it, and was very distracting. I took it to National Windscreens in Belfast earlier to see if it was worth getting a chip repair.

On examination, the manager told me it wasn't a proper chip, the stone had scuffed the glass just leaving a mark, and because of that, it wouldn't get any worse.

Anyway, he then offered to reduce the mark, and proceed to squirt some magic potion on some plastic then slapped it over the mark, left to dry for 10 minutes, then peeled off, and used a razor blade to lift off all the residue. Then used some more magic cream and polished it all up.

I can barely see it now, and wasn't charged a penny on condition that whenever I did need a windscreen, I'd keep them in mind... 

That is the same stuff that they use to repair chips. In the kit I used there are strips of clear plastic for larger chips and it looks like that is what he used in conjunction with the liquid. I don't know what he used to polish it though.

My local Asda sell the kits for a reasonable price, under £10 if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimpster said:

TBF 18-20 is a blank spot in my life, work, pub, bed, hopefully i enjoyed it LOL

I was like that too but 16-23. I think I enjoyed it too. I've never smoked , and hit the drink a little more through COVID lockdown. Now back to a can once in a while or if going out and not driving may have 3 beers. 

• Like 2

On 2/25/2023 at 2:12 AM, zain611 said:

Do like my little VW up project almost finishing. Just needs a MOT then can transfer my plate over and insurance.

Today fitted the front bumper one which me and dad drilled out fog light holes and stuck these chrome surrounds on found on the black edition 

IMG_20230224_172900_3.jpg

Why am I thinking 'Knight rider'?! I guess a red LED bar across the front is illegal anyway :laughing:

On 3/1/2023 at 5:10 PM, iantt said:

if going out and not driving may have 3 beers. 

I see you were careful to say beer. If you'd just said pints we'd have suspected you were just getting them from the milk float 🤣

• Haha 1

Like that the Focus has passed its MOT today 👍

• Like 4

Was standing outside A&E keeping an eye on a alcohol withdrawing patient smoking and that he doesn't run away and spotted this nice focus ST parked in the disabled bay. Had to get a picture 

20230301_105254.jpg

5 minutes ago, zain611 said:

... spotted this nice focus ST parked in the disabled bay...

Sad that I can't see a blue badge on the car. I have never parked in a 'disabled' space in my life. But have become even more conscious of errant parkers since my mum was awarded her own blue badge last year. ('Parent and child' spaces are fair game, always park in them, not my fault you decided to have a sprog :biggrin:)

• Like 1

i park in parent and child my daughter is 29

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

i park in parent and child my daughter is 29

Yeah but your the child. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

I'm known for being tight with my money, anyway, there's rumour that gov might bring forward the road tax increase on electric cars sooner than April 2025, so I've sorned my car then will re tax it later in the week so it expires end of Feb . So 12 months at £0 instead of £165 later in the year. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, iantt said:

Yeah but your the child. 🤣🤣🤣

when you loose your inner child its time to give up.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, iantt said:

I'm known for being tight with my money, anyway, there's rumour that gov might bring forward the road tax increase on electric cars sooner than April 2025, so I've sorned my car then will re tax it later in the week so it expires end of Feb . So 12 months at £0 instead of £165 later in the year. 

Nice idea! 

Are they definitely going up to the full flat rate of tax?

On a similar note, postage stamps are going up in April.  An extra 7p for 2nd class, and an extra 10p for first class.

If you buy a lot of stamps, bulk buy them this month!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club