Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

52 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Can you not use it in part payment for something on Ebay? From memory they allow multiple payment methods for a single item...

Don't think so. 🤔

1 hour ago, Jimpster said:

lottery ?????

Can you play lottery for 98p?  I'm sure tickets were at least a pound each 20 years ago when my Dad was buying them lol.

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Can you play lottery for 98p?  I'm sure tickets were at least a pound each 20 years ago when my Dad was buying them lol.

Yep £1 for a ticket when it started.you can do instant win for 25p

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't think so. 🤔

Just tried this.  Thought eBay may allow part payment if it was just one card, and then either PayPal or direct transfer, rather than two cards.  But no, there doesn't seem to be any way to split payment on eBay.

So still got 98p to use if there are any more ideas lol! :biggrin:

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

was thinking more if you had an account and use as part of a topup

15 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

was thinking more if you had an account and use as part of a topup

Ah ok, I don't waste money on lottery lol.  I worked in a shop selling lottery tickets when I was about 18...rarely saw any winners at all, never saw any big wins.  Had winning scratch cards come through every single day though...so I started buying those regularly myself.  Was addicted to them for about a year. :laugh: 

Presumably the same problem with lottery as PaddyPower though, this pre-paid card can't be used for gambling.

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah ok, I don't waste money on lottery lol.  I worked in a shop selling lottery tickets when I was about 18...rarely saw any winners at all...

As an aside, I always think if funny that every week, the lottery prize is about £13 Million, but if there's a rollover, you get millions more players involved! I don't understand that many think £13 Million isn't enough, but offer a rollover prize, well, now you're talking! :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I don't understand that many think £13 Million isn't enough, but offer a rollover prize, well, now you're talking! :biggrin:

One word.......greed! 🤷

• Haha 1

I think most people could blow a million within a week or 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd show my little Up again. Gave it a full machine polish and ceramic coat from carpro.

Got a splitter which I test fitted and currently off to get it painted.

Also got sideskirts to fit on soon too.

20230418_194715.jpg

20230418_194557.jpg

20230425_143913.jpg

• Like 5

First time logging on this year!

The ST has just ticked-over 35k miles, so I took the opportunity this long weekend to empty the oil catch can and spend some time giving it a wash. Probably spent about 4 hours in total - snow foam, fallout remover, shampoo, wax, wheel sealant then a full interior clean finished off with re-scotchgarding the mats and applying Gtechniq L1 to the leather.

Nothing really to report, other than some tyre rubber on the rim from where I hit a pothole. Thankfully the built-in Michelin PS4 rim protector did its job so both tyre and wheel survived unscathed.

I can't quite believe how these cars have held their value. A quick search on Pistonheads reveals that 2016 ST-2s with under 40k miles sell for about £12k. That's only £2k  less than I paid for mine nearly 5 years and 20k miles ago!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

...spend some time giving it a wash. Probably spent about 4 hours in total - snow foam, fallout remover, shampoo, wax, wheel sealant then a full interior clean finished off with re-scotchgarding the mats and applying Gtechniq L1 to the leather...

No photo?

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

No photo?

Not this time - it started raining just as I finished the interior this morning. It looks pretty much like all the post-wash photos I've previously posted though 😆

• Haha 1

Gave my milk float a proper clean yesterday and finished off today. First time since Oct when I bought it that it's had a proper wash and polish/wax. Looked good for the 5 mins before it rained. Well it looked good after the rain too. Could see I had waxed it . No photos as I couldn't be arsed too. Not that anyone wants to see an electric car.🤣🤣

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, iantt said:

Gave my milk float a proper clean yesterday and finished off today...

That is one of the few vehicles that warrant battery power. I still see one round my neighbourhood on a daily basis. As a child of the 60s, these were part of my growing up. Is it in commercial use, or just a treasured vehicle?

On 4/18/2023 at 11:26 AM, Jimpster said:

I think most people could blow a million within a week or 2.

Indeed, my electric bill, and heating oil bill arrived in the same week last month :biggrin:

Wondering how many people had their Maypole out today... :biggrin:

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I can't quite believe how these cars have held their value. A quick search on Pistonheads reveals that 2016 ST-2s with under 40k miles sell for about £12k. That's only £2k  less than I paid for mine nearly 5 years and 20k miles ago!

Did you search for any others?  Most cars have held value or even increased over the last couple of years. 

Great for anyone selling for cash...but just trading one car for another gets you basically the same as it did before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Most cars have held value or even increased over the last couple of years...

I concur, last year 'we buy any car' valued mine at £280. It has now shot up in price to £560!!

805870540_carvaluation0423.jpeg.9323ea4adb65de912564b287f779a488.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I do like Jeremy Clarkson's quote while speaking about electric cars 😃

"Call me a dinosaur, but I prefer Pink Floyd to Stormzy, and I prefer a Ford Mustang to a Tesla," he said.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Turvey said:

"Call me a dinosaur, but I prefer Pink Floyd to Stormzy, and I prefer a Ford Mustang to a Tesla," he said.

So sad that Ford decided to carry the 'Mustang' name over to an EV, it's pretty much sacrilege...

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

So sad that Ford decided to carry the 'Mustang' name over to an EV, it's pretty much sacrilege...

Totally agree 👍 

• 2 weeks later...

I do like my truck blowing a steering hose this afternoon! 😃

Not the fact that it blew but that it blew on a closed site and didn't go 5 minutes earlier when I was negotiating busy(for Orkney) roads and roundabouts 😲

From making the call to my boss to being back on the road? 1 hour! This included the mechanic removing the burst hose(obviously) driving to the local hydraulic hose maker upper, refitting and bleeding system. 

IMG_20230511_131417367_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

Spent the morning and early afternoon wandering my local scrapyards, looking for some bits, i do enjoy it but so sad to see so much good metal rotting.

Was after a tailgate grab bar handle 2008-11 but sadly no joy

Managed to find one on Marketplace £25.00 posted complete with all bolts and seals, just gotta decide on colour to spray it.

Edited by Jimpster
addition
  • Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club