laumk7

Things I do like

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Zico said:

@The Finance Guy I could do with a tidy up of my alloys but at over 530 miles to get to Perthshire I think It might be a little too far :scooter:

I was actually in Kent last week - I could have picked them up! Not sure they would count as hand luggage on the plane home though....

I am in Kent fairly regularly with one of my biggest clients. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all seriousness, if in the future you are setup, I would be interested. I'm not in any rush and to be quite honest I'm in the process of buying a flat so biggest expense of my life is ensuing 🤑. On the other hand, I've not had a break for ages so even a 530 mile drive up to Scotland would be a way to kill two birds with one stone ☺️.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Zico said:

In all seriousness, if in the future you are setup, I would be interested. I'm not in any rush and to be quite honest I'm in the process of buying a flat so biggest expense of my life is ensuing 🤑. On the other hand, I've not had a break for ages so even a 530 mile drive up to Scotland would be a way to kill two birds with one stone ☺️.

I’ll do them at cost or potentially free if you’re making that journey mate. I’ll call it practice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walked out my door this morning (to take my little girl to school for the first time in nearly 6 months) and found myself thinking that Ford really got the proportions of the Mk7 Fiesta ST right...

 

20200908_080322.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good, Tim. I also still prefer the looks of a Mk 7 in the right spec/colour to a Mk 8.

Hope school went well for your daughter!😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Walked out my door this morning (to take my little girl to school for the first time in nearly 6 months) and found myself thinking that Ford really got the proportions of the Mk7 Fiesta ST right...

 

20200908_080322.jpg

Can see you treated it to some wax 👍. Do keep your daughter safe as this virus ain't over yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Can see you treated it to some wax 👍. Do keep your daughter safe as this virus ain't over yet. 

I think I've spent more time waxing it than driving it over the last 6 months!

It's not just my daughter - her little brother went back to his school too, and Mrs. TimST2 works in yet another school. I just hope they're right about it not spreading at schools...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like hopefully being able to pick up the Volvo tomorrow.  Been a long time at the garage thanks to them getting the wrong timing belt kit from their supplier and then not being able to source a new front strut (hopefully going to be able to repair the old one) but I'll sure be glad to get the old girl back again.

There was me thinking it would only be in for a few days 🤣

The expense isn't over though as I don't trust Pirelli P2000s to get me through winter so I'll have to put new tyres on next month 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like hopefully being able to pick up the Volvo tomorrow.  Been a long time at the garage thanks to them getting the wrong timing belt kit from their supplier and then not being able to source a new front strut (hopefully going to be able to repair the old one) but I'll sure be glad to get the old girl back again.

There was me thinking it would only be in for a few days 🤣

The expense isn't over though as I don't trust Pirelli P2000s to get me through winter so I'll have to put new tyres on next month 😬

Good job you bought an old car without any modern technology eh! :biggrin: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2020 at 9:19 AM, TomsFocus said:

Good job you bought an old car without any modern technology eh! :biggrin: 

Yeah, thanks Tom 🤣

After doing the work having it ticking over in the workshop they noticed the coolant reservoir leaking and also a creaking from the steering rack!!  I could have picked the car up but better to get those 2 things fixed first so it won't be ready until next week when they receive both parts.

That said all the repairs together still come to less than fixing the EPB and door lock on the Passat so I'm not too disappointed :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 9:21 AM, TomsFocus said:

Did have a chuckle at this, this morning! :laugh: 

leaf.thumb.jpg.14613f8ec8aab5a7060d6eac78e9d71e.jpg

Nissan really has gone downhill in the last 15 years :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Nissan really has gone downhill in the last 15 years :laugh:

Since Renault have had  there influence /stake in nissan maybe ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iantt said:

Since Renault have had  there influence /stake in nissan maybe ??

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 5:39 PM, iantt said:

Since Renault have had  there influence /stake in nissan maybe ??

Exactly!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like the idea of a free battery recycling box...but has anyone actually seen one in Tesco?  I've got to go shopping tomorrow so was hoping to grab one on the way out but can't find any more info on it!  Just keeping seeing this ad on Instagram. 

1234210102_Screenshot_20200913-1442182.thumb.png.bb771d725c8cc5e6df08d2e91a672803.png

I've got about 30 AAs plus a few others so it would be much easier to get a box than try and carry them all into the store individually lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 years ago today I bought the MK2.5 Focus... 

The date always sticks in my mind for some reason!  I may never have joined FOC if it wasn't for that though! 😯 I wonder what else I'd be doing with my life now if I hadn't! 🤔:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like that we finally have a release date and price for the PS5 console. 
The full version with disk drive is priced the same as the XBox X (£450) but releases 9 days later than the Xbox in the UK and EU. 
The digital only version is £360 but has more power and full 4k, whereas the Xbox S is less powerful and no 4k. 
To be released 19th November in the UK, EU and other countries, whereas US, Can, Mex, NZ and Australia get it on the 12th November. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zico said:

@Nick Y come over to the dark side :devil2:

No thanks. I prefer the Playstation controllers. 
I do own an X1 though but rarely use it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What will the actual difference be between the high and lower powered versions of each console?  It's such a massive price difference between them.

Presumably they can't be slower as that's not going to work for online games.  Will the graphics end up looking like the first GTA?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

What will the actual difference be between the high and lower powered versions of each console?  It's such a massive price difference between them.

Presumably they can't be slower as that's not going to work for online games.  Will the graphics end up looking like the first GTA?

 

There is no difference between the versions of the PS5 except one has a disc drive, the other is purely digital. 
With the XBX and XBS, the differences are the  XBX can run full 4K HD, XBS can only run at max 1440p HD. The XBX has 16gb RAM whereas the XBS only has 10gb. The XBX has an optical disc drive but the XBS is purely digital based (more aimed at game pass users and those on tight budgets). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

There is no difference between the versions of the PS5 except one has a disc drive, the other is purely digital. 
With the XBX and XBS, the differences are the  XBX can run full 4K HD, XBS can only run at max 1440p HD. The XBX has 16gb RAM whereas the XBS only has 10gb. The XBX has an optical disc drive but the XBS is purely digital based (more aimed at game pass users and those on tight budgets). 

Ok, I don't think I'll be able to tell the difference between 4K and 1440p, my current TV only supports 1080p anyway lol...  It's the RAM that worries me though, I can only see less RAM creating more lag or worse graphics.  But would expect any game designed for Xbox to be playable on either console...which makes me wonder if the extra 6GB of RAM would be unnecessary anyway?  Is that purely to run the 4K graphics?

I'm not sure anyone on a tight budget can afford the £250 for the 'cheap' console.  My Xbox One cost £299 and I thought that was more than enough!  I suppose it was 6 years ago now though lol. :laugh: 

As I mentioned before, I've got no intentions of changing the One at the moment.  The console itself has been fantastic, but it's getting on for twice as old as my 360 was when it irreparably RROD'd so I'm not sure how much longer it'll last...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like possibly getting my first ever paid job. It's not in the profession I'm looking into going into but can work here in the meantime whilst I find a proper job. 

Might of landed a job in my local fish shop. The guy there said come Friday morning when they open with my passport and CV then they see how I perform and decide if they can have me working there between Friday to Monday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.