laumk7

Things I do like

On 9/22/2020 at 7:48 AM, The Finance Guy said:

My old CBR had a big pipe the size of an old-school dustbin. I had the police at the door once after a week of me leaving for work at 5:30am....

Were they complaining about being woken up by the noise 

Or

Following up on a complaint 😂

I was lucky to have been required to work throughout all lockdown periods, and when traveling to work at 6am mon-sat when working that shift; I never saw one checkpoint on the road, then coming home from work at 15:00 I'd be stopped and questioned at at least three checkpoints, 

I always thought they really should swap shift hand overs at the physical checkpoints rather than disappearing all together. 

On 9/21/2020 at 9:24 PM, iantt said:

No no claims discount so full cost was £137 Inc helmet and clothing cover and breakdown recovery. Not bad I thought. Extra £10 for exhaust. 

That aint that bad, of course someone like me with never had one for years would be a bit more.

Got to say i was all the RD's the old classic bikes, not as fast etc,never had a new car only 3 years old which i always go for but in 1987 30+years ago i had a new bike which was the

New style Yamaha 125LC YPVS...........i was into the old 2 strokes and so easy to work on, it's the only thing i can strip down and rebuild engine and stuff any 2 stroke.

2 hours ago, jace1969 said:

New style Yamaha 125LC YPVS.

They used to say that stood for "Young Persons Vile Screamer" round my way😀

I haven't seen a proper 2 stroke bike (as opposed to scooter) on the road for ages, then the other day a Honda NSR 400 shot past in a cloud of blue smoke. 

I do like getting a pre-order for the Xbox Series X yesterday morning. £449.99 total but cashed in £235 of MS reward points (built up free credit for just over 2 years) so will only pay £215.

I do like having had a few hours off work in the last 2 days (not technically stopped but at least haven't needed to do anything).

I do like the random video that Youtube had on the front page when I opened up Firefox. Don't recall seeing it before but it's from 2010:

7 hours ago, jace1969 said:

That aint that bad, of course someone like me with never had one for years would be a bit more.

Got to say i was all the RD's the old classic bikes, not as fast etc,never had a new car only 3 years old which i always go for but in 1987 30+years ago i had a new bike which was the

New style Yamaha 125LC YPVS...........i was into the old 2 strokes and so easy to work on, it's the only thing i can strip down and rebuild engine and stuff any 2 stroke.

I've not had a proper bike since 2002 except for an rd 200 in 2004 for a few months after restoring it. So I was surprised by the low insurance and no years discount. 

14 hours ago, Zico said:

I do like getting a pre-order for the Xbox Series X yesterday morning. £449.99 total but cashed in £235 of MS reward points (built up free credit for just over 2 years) so will only pay £215.

I do like having had a few hours off work in the last 2 days (not technically stopped but at least haven't needed to do anything).

I do like the random video that Youtube had on the front page when I opened up Firefox. Don't recall seeing it before but it's from 2010:

Have you ordered the new model and not the old one? 🤔😳😃

www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/9/22/21451624/xbox-one-x-amazon-series-x-preorder-accident 

I gave way to my old MK3 Focus at a junction today...that was a weird experience! :biggrin:

10 minutes later I passed my old Vectra C parked on a verge!  (That car certainly gets about) :laugh:

In other news, the Golf is for sale if anyone's interested...preferably someone that lives further than 5 miles away... :laugh: