Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things I do like

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

My estimated delivery date in Feb 26th but have been assigned a 70 plate.  The car hasn't even been built yet, so how can they assign the plate?  Can they pre-reg before cars are built?  If it genuinely is Feb 26th then I'd rather wait 2 days for a new plate, will hold more value...

No idea on assigning a plate, probably just in a spreadsheet with batches allocated to a particular dealer. 

Dealers can be quite off if you don't have vehicle as soon as it's ready. Delaying into the next month can affect targets for the month it's originally supposed to registered. 

I would ask them now to confirm march delivery if the car is that near the end of month. 

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Liam is one year old today 🥳  

I do like getting the all clear from the doctor further to a cancer scare.  Still got lots of problems in my life but at least now I've (hopefully) got a lot of time to deal with them.

I do like finally finishing a model kit I first started 5 and a half years ago.  It's a very special model that i was supposed to finish by the time the aircraft took her final flights across the UK

Posted Images

13 hours ago, iantt said:

No idea on assigning a plate, probably just in a spreadsheet with batches allocated to a particular dealer. 

Dealers can be quite off if you don't have vehicle as soon as it's ready. Delaying into the next month can affect targets for the month it's originally supposed to registered. 

I would ask them now to confirm march delivery if the car is that near the end of month. 

Any idea how soon I'd get a more realistic delivery date?  As I say it hasn't even been built yet, I was expecting it around mid Feb which would be fine.  It doesn't show up on ETIS yet either, do they show up as soon as they've been built or not until they've been registered?

1 hour ago, iantt said:

actually 295 miles. and it did pass

any guesses what ford? 

Well it's either something so ugly the owner doesn't want to be seen in it, or so frequently broken that it's spent most of the last 3 years in the workshop...? :biggrin:

Serious guess though, some sort of super rare special edition that's dry stored as an investment?

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

mmm... like an RS200 from the 80s??

Possibly!  I was guessing 3 years old with having its 'first' MOT but struggling to think of anything particularly interesting from early 2018.  Vaguely remember a new limited Ford GT recently but thought that was about 2015...

48 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Aahhh... totally missed the 'first' MOT bit LOL. Yep, 2018 wasn't exactly a classic year for any interesting 'Fords'...,

But then again, just because it's its first MOT doesn't mean it's only 3 years old. It could have been parked up for 20-30 years etc 🤔

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Well it's either something so ugly the owner doesn't want to be seen in it, or so frequently broken that it's spent most of the last 3 years in the workshop...? :biggrin:

Serious guess though, some sort of super rare special edition that's dry stored as an investment?

Your closest. 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Possibly!  I was guessing 3 years old with having its 'first' MOT but struggling to think of anything particularly interesting from early 2018.  Vaguely remember a new limited Ford GT recently but thought that was about 2015...

Tom is the winner. 

I like that I managed to get off my snow/ice covered drive safely earlier and that I also managed to get back into my parking spot in reverse when returning home. 
My neighbour in front also gave me a push as he was there at the right time after returning from walking his elderly dog. 

I do like seeing this project over the last few days on Facebook. 

Being built by a local stonemason on a steel frame to enable it to be towed to a different location every 6 months or so to raise money for local charities.

Going to have a waterfall and a wishing well.

He's been working on it since August.

139132837_10156760715052168_3724164055328801325_n.jpg