Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AUTO DIM REAR VIEW MIRROR WANTED

powerbow1415

hi all...just changed my Kuga for a more spacious mondeo.....i am looking for the above mirror, as my mondeo just has a normal mirror...i work nights so i need this auto-dimming upgrade to protect my eyes from the small percentage of drivers who drive with full beam and/or fog lights on all the time.

can anybody help with prices and availability etc?..i look forward to hearing back from you

cheers team🙂

hi team..got my auto-dimming rear view mirror from a ford breakers in nottingham, (i have added some photos to give u guys a visual).....all looks cool with it...i am replacing the normal mirror in my mondeo here, with this A-D rear view mirror..if i can...can i do this and if so, do i need any additional wiring...i was thinking of connecting it to the front reading light, if there is a connection in there to do so...the mirror is from a MK 5 mondeo, like mine...any help/advice would be awesome, as i have never done something like this before...i am to electrics, what Arnie is to flower-arranging!🤣...i have not as yet picked the car up..i pick it up from cargiant this sunday 8th, but i like to plan ahead.

cheers guys 👍

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

That looks a lot of wires for a simple dimming mirror!  I don't have any personal experience with the Mondeo mirror but as no-one else has replied I'll just advise what I can.

The last auto-dimming mirror I fitted was pre-CANBUS and only needed power (taken from courtesy light) and earth (any bit of metal).  It also has a reverse input so the mirror clears when in reverse - that's not absolutely necessary but can be taken from reverse light/reverse light switch if desired.  

You will have to check whether the mirror mount on the windscreen is correct or not before looking at the wiring.  Then if you lower the front of the headlining you may find the wiring is already present - but if not you'll have to get the snips & solder out!

As above...Last one I fitted was to my MK2 Mondeo and that only required 2 or 3 wires (from memory)

Do you need an auto dimming mirror? can you not just flip the tab on the normal mirror?

hi guys..thanks for your replies...i work nights so do a lot of my driving at night...there is nothing worse than having an, "inexperienced",( polite term), driver with full beam on in your mirror, or one who thinks fog lights can legally be used all the time.

i was told by a guy on the mondeo facebook page, that i need to update the computer after fitting, due to the mirror having a circuit board that controls "lane-assist" etc etc..probably explains the multi-pin connector..dont know whether i want to do that..i will check what connection the reading light has, when i pick the car up on sunday, and go from there.

all i want is a "how-to" from somewhere ideally, to help me fit it...i am no electrician...i am to electrics, what Arnie is to flower-arranging..🤣...i have the flip-switch on the current normal mirror yes, but i have kinda got accustomed to the auto-dimming feature. but i MAY just keep with the current one, i really dont know what i want to do yet, but i have that option. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club