Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo Blow off Valve

Gazcaz

Were can i get a Turbo Blow Off Valve to Atmosphere for a Duratorq 1.5 tdci engine Fiesta Sports Van.Im guessing its some where between the intercooler to inlet manifold ie the standard one ?

The way that a diesel works, a dump/blow off valve will simply not work and is a pointless exercise.

This FAQ explains it: TDI Club FAQ "The purpose of a "blow-off valve" or "diverter valve" on a petrol engine is to give boost pressure some place to go when the throttle plate is abruptly closed, to prevent operating the compressor in the "surge" regime. Since a diesel engine doesn't have a throttle plate, a gadget like this serves absolutely no purpose and has no business anywhere on a diesel engine."  Engine speed is only controlled by fuel injection, air is not restricted.

I believe you can fit an electronic operated dump valve, this will produce the sound of one but will not do anything to the performance of the car. I have even heard they actually decrease performance slightly when gear changing, and could even damage the turbo, as it dumps more pressure than it needs to.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jim H said:

The way that a diesel works, a dump/blow off valve will simply not work and is a pointless exercise.

This FAQ explains it: TDI Club FAQ "The purpose of a "blow-off valve" or "diverter valve" on a petrol engine is to give boost pressure some place to go when the throttle plate is abruptly closed, to prevent operating the compressor in the "surge" regime. Since a diesel engine doesn't have a throttle plate, a gadget like this serves absolutely no purpose and has no business anywhere on a diesel engine."  Engine speed is only controlled by fuel injection, air is not restricted.

I believe you can fit an electronic operated dump valve, this will produce the sound of one but will not do anything to the performance of the car. I have even heard they actually decrease performance slightly when gear changing, and could even damage the turbo, as it dumps more pressure than it needs to.

Thank you it will be left alone then.....

Admin close thread please or delete...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club