Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Dyson V8 Advice.

jace1969

Had a Dyson v8 for a good 3 years and i have got a charging problem,put it on the charging pod and blue light flashes (3 lights 1 solid 2nd flashes) but leave it for say 10mins and they all go out,tried moving it and taking off and on but just does the same and if i use it i only get 2 blue lights so not fully charged but can't tell when it is charged.

Any advice on this and also if i do need a new cordless what would you get, don't really want to pay £350+ but want a dam good suction and running time.

The batteries on these things can be easily replaced, just a small screw I think, and they cost around £70 so that might be an option?

9 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

The batteries on these things can be easily replaced, just a small screw I think, and they cost around £70 so that might be an option?

See i would say it's the battery and i have had the Dyson for close to 3 years but never had this problem where i click it in to charge and second blue light flashes then all goes off.

I just was seeing if this indicates the battery doing this or a dead Dyson as its taken some stick.

amazon sells a copy battery for £45 area with 800+ sales and very good reviews like 4.7 out of 5 starts with only 7% bad and 85% 5 stars.

My mother in laws was doing this, new battery sorted it out and it’s like new again. She bought one from eBay for around £40 and is working fine. 

after 3 years your run time must have been severely reduced, should think you’ll be pleasantly surprised how good the V8 can be again after a new battery 🙂👍

On 3/5/2020 at 8:15 AM, HandsomeStan said:

My mother in laws was doing this, new battery sorted it out and it’s like new again. She bought one from EBay for around £40 and is working fine. 

after 3 years your run time must have been severely reduced, should think you’ll be pleasantly surprised how good the V8 can be again after a new battery 🙂👍

Cheers for the reply,yes i had one from amazon on my mates Prime with 2 filters for £48 a higher rated one 3500 and the standard one is 2800 also there are 2 kinds of the V8 genuine batteries as 1 is a 2400 and 1 is a 2800 and mine was the higher one.

I just went for a non-genuine one and its like a new one now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club