Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need some clarification on servicing

Chimpanzee

I bought a used 2017 Focus in November 2019 and it's now approaching 3 years old so it's due an MOT. It was last serviced with the previous owner in April 2019 so I'm thinking I might as well get the service and MOT done at the same time. I'm just a little confused about the service levels available from the Ford service Centres.

When I enter my vehicle information on their site it's giving me the choice of the "2 Years /25000 Miles Scheduled Service" or the "3 Years /37500 Miles Scheduled Service". The car's only done about 10,500 miles so far so should I book the "25000 Miles" one or the "37500 Miles" one? What takes precedent - age or miles?

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Chimpanzee said:

I bought a used 2017 Focus in November 2019 and it's now approaching 3 years old so it's due an MOT. It was last serviced with the previous owner in April 2019 so I'm thinking I might as well get the service and MOT done at the same time. I'm just a little confused about the service levels available from the Ford Service Centres.

When I enter my vehicle information on their site it's giving me the choice of the "2 Years /25000 Miles Scheduled Service" or the "3 Years /37500 Miles Scheduled Service". The car's only done about 10,500 miles so far so should I book the "25000 Miles" one or the "37500 Miles" one? What takes precedent - age or miles?

Thanks.

It's "whichever comes sooner", so if it's 3 years old, it needs it's 3yr/37500 service, as you've reached 3yrs before 37500 miles.

My feeling is that you should speak to a Ford service centre.  They do brake fluid on certain services and not others. But even though the car has done a small mileage doesn’t mean things don’t need attention. If you have a friendly Ford garage then ask their technician- not reception- for advice. Unless they are the ones that will insist you need stuff you don’t. My dealer goes round the car and sends a video and explains what is required. Hope you get it sorted. 
Alex who has just answered is right. Go with time. But check it hasn’t missed a brake fluid change. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gilli said:

My feeling is that you should speak to a Ford service centre.  They do brake fluid on certain services and not others. But even though the car has done a small mileage doesn’t mean things don’t need attention. If you have a friendly Ford garage then ask their technician- not reception- for advice. Unless they are the ones that will insist you need stuff you don’t. My dealer goes round the car and sends a video and explains what is required. Hope you get it sorted. 
Alex who has just answered is right. Go with time. But check it hasn’t missed a brake fluid change. 

Brake fluid should be done every 2 years.

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like I'll probably need the 3-year service. I haven't met the technicians at my local service centre yet so fingers crossed they'll be good ones 🙂

• Like 1

Our 2017 Focus is just reaching 3yrs old and due it's 1st MOT, so we are taking it to Formula 1 Autocentre.

Warranty is now up, Ford can get stuffed

Ford wanted £385 for 3yr service and MOT (the car has only done 8,500 miles)

Formula 1 want £125 with MOT using correct oil and filter (all that matters)

I tried to get the STEALER to explain what extra work was done at 3yr service and they couldn't ,so get stuffed

• Like 1

Just now, DaveT70 said:

Our 2017 Focus is just reaching 3yrs old and due it's 1st MOT, so we are taking it to Formula 1 Autocentre.

I tried to get the STEALER to explain what extra work was done at 3yr service and they couldn't ,so get stuffed

Etis will tell you everything that is due at 3 years.

service pricing does vary a lot between dealers.

It's this mistrust with some dealers that probably annoy motorists more than anything. There are surely enough cars on the road for them to have a decent work flow, but still some want more.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Etis will tell you everything that is due at 3 years.

So that was my main issue with them.

I had a look at the service schedule for 3yr 36,000 miles and it mentions A/C check & top up, coolant change, brake fluid change, transmission oil change (we're 6F15) so I asked them what are you doing extra to a normal service and they couldn't answer!! All the above items were extra if I wanted them done, on top of the £385.

As my warranty is about to expire (4 days after MOT test) they can get stuffed, if anything fails on MOT it's still under warranty for 4 days 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Yea Ford deals are expensive. 

Just had my 3 year major service and MOT at a Ford dealer and total came to £285, including 1 year Ford breakdown recovery, which is a pretty good cover based on my experience. According to the invoice for a 1.5 diesel the only parts used are the oil filter, air filter and fuel filter, plus oil and  gasket.

Just as an FYI there's also a Ford UK deal at the mo if you book a service on line via Ford UK get 20% off.

22 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

My 2017 is an auto and the 37500 includes the auto box oil change - £699 through ford!  Luckily there is an ex-Ford place near me who chargeD £200 for the service, £200 for the auto box oil change.  Still expensive but easier to swallow than £700!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club