Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Condensation Issue

Smockboy25

I’ve got a problem with bad condensation on the inside of the windscreen and am looking for pointers on where to look for leaks,etc. 

The condensation can be bad in a morning and take a good 10+ mins to clear with the heater on full blast!?! This is not using the demister pad as it just makes it worse when it’s heating up & turns to water.

Any ideas what could be the cause? This is in addition to the water under the spare tyre that have found! I’ve cleaned the spare tyre well & left it to dry on Saturday, have bookmarked the pinned threat to hopefully sort this one!🤞

Will it be another leak at the front, etc as would think after drying out the spare tyre well at the weekend shouldn’t be bad immediately!?!☹️ 

Any help, pointers & guidance will be greatly appreciated!👍

See the sticky on boot leaking :biggrin:

I had exactly the same issue as you, resealing the vents under the rear bumper cured it.

• Like 1

If the compartments behind the bumper vents are filled with water (this can be approximately 15 Litres) because of the leaking vents there will be 2 problems:

1: The water will be pushed upwards and leak into the boot through several small holes at the side of the boot behind the carpet. This water will collect in the spare wheel well and in the end also in the sound insulation under the carpets. In extreme cases the complete sound insulation (even at the front of the car) can be soaked with water.

2: The compartments have an open connection (at the top) to the interior. The water in the compartments condensates and make the air inside the cabin very humid. The humid air inside the cabin causes the windscreen (and also the other windows) to condensate extremely.

Just solve the cause of the leak and dry all of the wet sound insulation and carpet. This should solve the condensation on the windscreen/windows.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JW1982 said:

If the compartments behind the bumper vents are filled with water (this can be approximately 15 Litres) because of the leaking vents there will be 2 problems:

1: The water will be pushed upwards and leak into the boot through several small holes at the side of the boot behind the carpet. This water will collect in the spare wheel well and in the end also in the sound insulation under the carpets. In extreme cases the complete sound insulation (even at the front of the car) can be soaked with water.

2: The compartments have an open connection (at the top) to the interior. The water in the compartments condensates and make the air inside the cabin very humid. The humid air inside the cabin causes the windscreen (and also the other windows) to condensate extremely.

Just solve the cause of the leak and dry all of the wet sound insulation and carpet. This should solve the condensation on the windscreen/windows.

My carpets even at the front were soaked which I discovered this weekend. I have dried them and sealed the air vents behind the rear number. The only issue is that I can feel the insulation underneath is soaked. I can’t find a guide on how to at least partially remove or lift the carpets to dry it out. I don’t want to take the central console out, however struggle to understand how to remove plastic covers at the bottom near car doors. Any help is much appreciated. 

On 3/2/2020 at 9:05 PM, JW1982 said:

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Did you read the link I posted? Have you removed the bumper and sealed the four vents behind it?  If not whatever you do won't work.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club