Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk1.5 Seat Belt Issue.

Knight Focus

A friend has just bought a Focus Mk 1.5 and the problem is that the rear seatbelts aren't long enough for a rear-facing baby seat. Is there any way of getting a longer seatbelt or extending the current one?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

A friend has just bought a Focus Mk 1.5 and the problem is that the rear seatbelts aren't long enough for a rear-facing baby seat. Is there any way of getting a longer seatbelt or extending the current one?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

must be doing it wrong i had a rear facing child seat and the belt was long enough a bit awkward but certainly long enough to fit and the 1.5 has the same length of belt i reckon he needs to read the instructions a bit better lol extend the seat belt all the way out and clip it into the buckle then pull it over the seat so it clips into the fixings in the rear of the child seat hey presto if he still cant make it fit http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/orientalvalue_Seat-Belt-Exntension_W0QQ_fsubZ1086540010QQ_sidZ889954130QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

I've printed a couple of e-bay items off to give him an idea, I think extensions are the way to go.

Thanks fellas.

Mike

Seatbelts arent long enough for this in my mk1 either. Had to buy http://cgi.ebay.co.u...5#ht_500wt_1182

must be the seats guys ive got a big chunky graco similar to thispost-8800-127006561814_thumb.jpg multi adjustable reclinable one and i got it in no problems with about 3 inches of belt to spare and its a mega bulky child seat

It's a rear facing seat that's causing the issue, isn't that a forward facing one?

Mike

It's a rear facing seat that's causing the issue, isn't that a forward facing one?

Mike

its both faces rear and tilts for newborns with a head pad then when they get a bit older it sits straight and faces forward never had the issue so i cant say all seats are different usually with the child seat in place then the belt clipped in not in the child seat yet just clipped in you can pull it over the tiop of the seat so it sits in tghe hoilders thats how i used to do mine

In my mark 2 I have a similar problem in that I have just removed the harness from my daughter's seat as she can now use the car seat belts. However it was difficult to get the belt to buckle due to the seat being chunky on the sides. I bought one of the seat belt extenders as pointed out by knight focus and it did the job.