Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaky windows

alexmk3

Hi folks, 

I’ve owned my car for about a month now and I’m absolutely loving it. There’s only one thing that really bugs me and it’s my squeaky windows, made especially worse when opening or closing them when they’re dry.
Is there a quick fix for it? Has anyone else had the same problem? 

Spray window tracks with silicone spray or dry Teflon. Silicone stays slick even in cold weather, so windows slide smoothly, lessening the wear on your window motors. Lower the window glass and shoot dry Teflon spray down the front, rear and top window channels on each door. Soak the tracks.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, alexmk3 said:

Hi folks, 

I’ve owned my car for about a month now and I’m absolutely loving it. There’s only one thing that really bugs me and it’s my squeaky windows, made especially worse when opening or closing them when they’re dry.

I have same problem on my mk2. By window tracks do you mean along the rubber seal where the window comes up/down through?

2 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Spray window tracks with silicone spray or dry Teflon. Silicone stays slick even in cold weather, so windows slide smoothly, lessening the wear on your window motors. Lower the window glass and shoot dry Teflon spray down the front, rear and top window channels on each door. Soak the tracks.

Thanks very much, just ordered some WD40 Silicone Spray, hopefully it will do the job! 

1 hour ago, Banana4Life said:

I have same problem on my mk2. By window tracks do you mean along the rubber seal where the window comes up/down through?

Yes correct.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, alexmk3 said:

Thanks very much, just ordered some WD40 Silicone Spray, hopefully it will do the job! 

No probs 😃

3 hours ago, alexmk3 said:

Hi folks, 

I assume your talking about the rubber trim the window passes through when going up or down and not the guides which are part of the mechanism inside the door?

39 minutes ago, The 🐝 said:

I assume your talking about the rubber trim the window passes through when going up or down and not the guides which are part of the mechanism inside the door?

Hello mate. 

yes I think it is the rubber that causes that awful squeaking sound as the window tries to push past it on its way up or down. No idea on mechanism inside the door so just going to soak the rubber seal and hopefully it will work👍🏼

3 hours ago, alexmk3 said:

Hello mate. 

yes I think it is the rubber that causes that awful squeaking sound as the window tries to push past it on its way up or down. No idea on mechanism inside the door so just going to soak the rubber seal and hopefully it will work👍🏼

Yeh the dry rubber and particles collected from the window create a clasping effect which is like rubber soles speaking on the floor and the motor can struggle slightly.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 4:24 PM, F0CUE said:

Yeh the dry rubber and particles collected from the window create a clasping effect which is like rubber soles speaking on the floor and the motor can struggle slightly.

Squeaking totally gone so thanks a lot for your help mate. Only thing is, when I roll the windows back up it obviously collects some of the lubricant and they look quite greasy, I assume that goes away after a while? 

36 minutes ago, alexmk3 said:

Squeaking totally gone so thanks a lot for your help mate. Only thing is, when I roll the windows back up it obviously collects some of the lubricant and they look quite greasy, I assume that goes away after a while? 

It should do maybe a bit too much went in there.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club