Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2 Facelift 1.8TDCi Fault Code Help

dylanbatt74

Hello,

So this is how it started..

Driving to work Wednesday morning, normal commute 25 mile, the Dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree, and a Engine Failure message, Transmission faults,  Reduced speed message, the car went into limp mode and i managed to pull over in to a buss stop

I have a bluetooth ODBII and  the Torque app on my phone (Initial roadside diagnostics) so checked out the codes see below, saved the image, reset and car restarted

Complete the drive to work and back no issues ?

Anyway this morning , Thursday, driving to work, and it happened again, only this time the Message was just Reduced speed, again loads of faults that i cleared and continued on my way

Thursday evening, Tonight, the car engine stopped in the middle of the road, Engine failure, loads of lights and errors, and would not restart until cleared

Now i have for-scan etc to do a deeper check over the weekend, but just wanted to see if anyone on here with same car has had anything like, hoping so 

Any ideas here or help with codes would be very much appreciated

Image attached  of screen shot

Thanks in advance

Car Details

Reg: MV08 MYS

Engine: 1.8 TDCi Diesel

Mileage: 122000 Approx

Gearbox: Manual

Screenshot_20200305-071422_Torque.jpg

There is a common problem with the soldering on the 32 pin (I think) connector on the instrument cluster. Plenty on internet about this and YouTube shows how to dismantle and resolder. Usually affects older mk2s but not unknown on newer ones. Also problems with the canbus connectors. This car uses computer type data signals on 2 high speed canbus wires and 2 medium speed canbus wires. Any dodgy connectors affects data flow. Eg the big plug in the engine bay fuse box and connectors close to front passengers left foot covered by plastic panels. Based on my experience. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, isetta said:

There is a common problem with the soldering on the 32 pin (I think) connector on the instrument cluster. Plenty on internet about this and YouTube shows how to dismantle and resolder. Usually affects older mk2s but not unknown on newer ones. Also problems with the canbus connectors. This car uses computer type data signals on 2 high speed canbus wires and 2 medium speed canbus wires. Any dodgy connectors affects data flow. Eg the big plug in the engine bay fuse box and connectors close to front passengers left foot covered by plastic panels. Based on my experience. 

Thanks Will definitely look here over weekend, 

Ps the error codes that say network would mean lack of data flowing over canbus I think.  On my brother’s car 2008 1.8tdci we had so much problem with it that I rewired the high speed canbus from scratch and soldering wires in place of the troublesome plugs. Hope yours does not become such a nightmare

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club