Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking noise

casuk

theres a knocking, clonking, rattling type noise coming from my  front end mostly on bumps and ***** roads dont think it's normal and it's got me worried now, any ideas what it could be, I'll be driving a long journey tomorrow so dont want it to go in the middle of nowhere 

Sounds like a broken front suspension spring. Common problem.

Check your springs ASAP as there might be a broken lower section, if it's broke then it needs removing, left in place it can become a Velociraptor's claw and rip into your tyre, cause a blow out. 

• Thanks 1

Offt I'll get that checked straight away, what is it I'd be about for the repair if that's the issue, 

Thinking I might have bought a plug 

• Like 1

could be the drop links worn out

2 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

Sounds like a broken front suspension spring. Common problem.

Check your springs ASAP as there might be a broken lower section, if it's broke then it needs removing, left in place it can become a Velociraptor's claw and rip into your tyre, cause a blow 

Thanks mate, would I see it straight away when inspecting the spring 

47 minutes ago, dezwez said:

could be the drop links worn out

Drop links have just been replaced breaks and discs too 

In that case, check that the droplinks fixing nuts haven't worked loose. This is possible if non-oem ones are fitted as the nuts on pattern parts droplinks are usually not nylock ones. 

19 hours ago, casuk said:

Thanks mate, would I see it straight away when inspecting the spring 

Best just feeling around the base of the spring support! On ours one spring had snapped and was jumping all over the place and was stuck right out.

You'll have to update this thread if you find anything ?

15 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Best just feeling around the base of the spring support! On ours one spring had snapped and was jumping all over the place and was stuck right out.

You'll have to update this thread if you find anything ?

I'm pretty sure it's the drop link , going to take the wheel of tomorrow and have a look around see if I notice anything, I drove it 150miles today and all was fine it's just on rough roads and speed bumps in lower speeds I hear it and I dont think its driving bad, other than the noise everything seems fine 

• Like 1

Went down to see my bros mate and he took it for a quick spin on his break says there is a slight knocking but it's fine, he done a couple of manoeuvres and emergency breaks and said it's nothing to worry about and will go right over it on the service so I'm a little less worried 

• Like 1

Just back from a service and mot, the knocking was a ball joint in the suspension arm and he replaced that, mot passed with no advisories all for £220 total, took it a quick spin and all seems ok 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club