Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reg not in ETIS - dodgy car?

Thoric

Based on help from this post, I'm using ETIS to check info on cars before I go see them, using the reg plate from the advert photos. One car (GU16 OFV) is coming up as "Not Found". The reg isn't private, as far as I can tell, so I'm wondering if this is a sign of something dodgy? Has anyone else experienced this with ETIS? I assume Ford have kept good records and therefore ETIS isn't wrong.

Unfortunately I don't know the VIN.

My reg is neither recognised by Ford's parts system nor etis, so I always have to use the vin. 

I've put GU16 ofv into euro car parts system and it DOES recognise it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GU16OFV also comes up on the gov.uk vehicle enquiry, so seems legit.

• Like 2

I didn't think of trying these alternative sites. Thanks chaps, very reassuring :-)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I bought an ex military lease vehicle - they issue new reg number when they sell them off

• Like 2

when i had my 2007 fiesta, for the first 5 months of it's life it had a Guernsey reg, then when 5 months old it came to the UK. So the reg no is not on ETIS.  I think you can only find by reg no on ETIS if it still has the first reg number it ever had when new.   (In case you are thinking Guernsey is part of the UK, it is not, nor is Jersey)

• Like 1

A car receiving a new registration does not necessarily mean that the new registration number is not shown in Etis.

My car was originally registered in Germany (company car of an employee of the Ford Saarlouis factory) and did originally have German registration plates. After 6 Months the car was bought by a Dutch Ford dealer and put in storage for another 6 Months (because of tax reasons) before the car was imported into the Netherlands. When I bought the car it did have a new Dutch registration. 

At the time I bought the car Etis did still show the original German registration number. After about a Month the original German registration number was removed from Etis (the registration number info was completely blank). After another 2 Months Etis showed the new Dutch registration number.

As long as the correct procedures are followed the registration number information that is shown in Etis will be updated if the car receives a new registration.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JW1982 said:

A car receiving a new registration does not necessarily mean that the new registration number is not shown in Etis.

My car was originally registered in Germany (company car of an employee of the Ford Saarlouis factory) and did originally have German registration plates. After 6 Months the car was bought by a Dutch Ford dealer and put in storage for another 6 Months (because of tax reasons) before the car was imported into the Netherlands. When I bought the car it did have a new Dutch registration. 

At the time I bought the car Etis did still show the original German registration number. After about a Month the original German registration number was removed from Etis (the registration number info was completely blank). After another 2 Months Etis showed the new Dutch registration number.

As long as the correct procedures are followed the registration number information that is shown in Etis will be updated if the car receives a new registration.

Only if Ford are informed of the change (I.e Ford main dealer selling the car or contact with CS).

Mine was only changed from its old Jersey reg when I tried to warranty claim my tailgate paintwork.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 5:42 PM, Thoric said:

Unfortunately I don't know the VIN.

It could be due to reg changes, mine wasn't listed for a couple of weeks during the time I noticed the car was actually up for sale, after I bought it I got the paperwork and found it had a private plate before it was given to the dealer, and was removed at handover. Around 9 days after I got the car it showed up on ETIS, however, I WAS able to find it by VIN before that whilst it was still on sale.

Unsure what the process is/was or if it was just sloppy comms from the dealer side which wouldn't really surprise me, but if you can somehow get the VIN you may have some luck.

• Like 2

Went to see it today, got the VIN, used that in ETIS and voila - car appears with a different (private) plate. I'm guessing the story is as you all describe, just takes time for the details to make it through to Ford's system. Thanks everyone, brilliant forum with great folk on here!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club