Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Ford Focus titanium electric fault

Hasan sert

Hi everyone, I’ve got a 61 plate Ford Focus. While everything was working fine suddenly the left side of the car (passenger side) is totally paralysed. The central locking,electric windows (front and rear),power folding mirror stopped working. The driver side works absolutely fine it’s just the passenger side gone wrong. I’ve changed the fuses for the side which has gone wrong but didn’t work. Has anyone here had the same or similar problem as I really need help and advice here please. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks 

Have you measured if the fuse's for the paralyzed side have 12 Volt? maybe a connector has come lose

1 hour ago, Hasan sert said:

Hi everyone, I’ve got a 61 plate Ford Focus. While everything was working fine suddenly the left side of the car (passenger side) is totally paralysed. The central locking,electric windows (front and rear),power folding mirror stopped working. The driver side works absolutely fine it’s just the passenger side gone wrong. I’ve changed the fuses for the side which has gone wrong but didn’t work. Has anyone here had the same or similar problem as I really need help and advice here please. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks 

This problem is most likely caused by a defective door module.

All of the functions at the passenger side that stopped working are controlled by the passenger side front door module. The front door module communicates with the BCM (and some other modules). The front door module act as a master module and controls the rear slave door module. If the front (master) module fails completely the rear (slave) module will also stop working because of the lost communication.

On 3/7/2020 at 5:30 PM, JW1982 said:

This problem is most likely caused by a defective door module.

All of the functions at the passenger side that stopped working are controlled by the passenger side front door module. The front door module communicates with the BCM (and some other modules). The front door module act as a master module and controls the rear slave door module. If the front (master) module fails completely the rear (slave) module will also stop working because of the lost communication.

Thank you for the reply..Any ideas of the next step I should take and is it something I can do it at my drive or does it needs to go to a mechanic? Thanks

On 3/7/2020 at 5:07 PM, 2 Fast 4 U said:

Have you measured if the fuse's for the paralyzed side have 12 Volt? maybe a connector has come lose

Hi and thank you for the reply.. no I did not measure the fuse’s at all and don’t even no how to measure them lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club