Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK2 - Paint code 03

Stefan Ludwig

IMG_20200307_174948.thumb.JPG.3f381fae4e75d5a7bbf2f994c73587e1.JPG

Hi guys, 
Any one got an idea on this silver paint, Its a 07 Focus Sedan, likely a UK import into Ireland.

I cannot find this code for the life of me. I need to touch up some rust spots from stone chippings.

Thanks for your help!

I think there are only 3 versions of silver... 

Stardust Silver, Moondust Silver and Machine Silver. 

What does it say in your handbook? 

• Like 1

Moondust Silver.

To confirm just enter your vin or registration here-

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=26D53FAD587B945CC31EEB553BE4D729.fcvas504

The colour will be shown on the next page -

4a6c2a038367c5f55a0844f7fe127b7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Perfect, yes its Moondust Silver, thanks both!

• Like 1

Since owning my Ford, it still bemuses me that it's the only manufacturer I've ever had an issue with buying a 'touch up' paint. All other makes, Mercedes, Toyota, Nissan, BMW, Renault etc etc etc all have a specific paint code on the VIN plate. For some reason, Ford think it's OK to generate a random code that you need an Enigma machine to crack!

• 1 year later...

Hi guys I have a 2009 1.6 focus I have foun the paint code it's number 36 but I can't find the name of the paint any ideas?

• 8 months later...

I've had no luck at all! Paint code is 03 named Pearl Silver. Can't find it in any ford reference sheet. Why do hard to find some touch up paint, crazy! 

IMG_20221113_125943.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-13-13-01-44-326_com.android.chrome.jpg

Pearl Silver (code 03) is available to order from your local Ford main dealers, parts department for a cost of around £14. This consists of one small tin (with brush) of Pearl Silver, and one tin of clear lacquer.

Many online Ford dealer websites like Arnold Clark will supply it by post.

I've just tried a search and cannot find any reference number for the paintbon any ford sites. Where did you find the information please? 

I've looked up EU codes as car was made in Germany but still no luck. I've searched every paint code site and again no reference to the paint do I can buy it. Not sure why I'm finding this so difficult? 

Would appreciate help, maybe it's just my age! 

• Like 1

I have rechecked your paint on the Ford ETIS site using the VIN posted in the photo and have found that in the UK we know the paint colour as Moondust Silver of which there are about 6 different shades depending on the model and year.

This is taken from the ETIS site today:

Moondust Silver.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club