Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2020 Focus ST Line-X Headlights

AP1878

Hi everyone, I have recently just placed an order for my new Focus ST Line-X 1.5T 182PS model.

I selected to have the LED headlight option on the car, but while I was going through the quote with the guy at the dealership he told me I did not need to select the LED option as he said the 2020 model ST Line-X model comes with LED dipped headlights and a halogen high beam as standard, which is all I really wanted was the dipped LED headlights. The LED option he told me would of gave me full LED headlights with a LED high beam, so he said your paying £750 just to have a LED high beam. Hope you guys are following me haha.

I asked him is he sure, and he said 100% yes and he even went and asked his manager and he said yes its new included extra for the 2020 ST Line-X model.

Just wanted to know if this is true and anyone could shed some light on this, as its something I really want, I was willing to pay for and I will be rather gutted if it comes with full halogen headlights. No offense to halogen headlights, but after seeing my friends Focus with the LED headlights it really looks well on the car.

Thanks guys :).

Not as far as I'm aware.
Sounds like the salesman (and Manager) have told a porkie. Did he not go through the brochure with you? The different options are set out quite well and after looking at it in the brochure, it is very easy to distinguish each option based on the layout of the light.

There are 2 options on top of the standard with regards to headlights on the ST Line X:

- Halogen headlights with LED daytime running lights (Standard)
- LED Headlights with LED daytime running lights (Option 1)
- Adaptive Front Lighting system with dynamic LED Headlights, glare-free high beam and LED sequential turn indicators (Option 2)

See page 25 of the brochure here:
https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/uk/documents/brochures/cars/BRO-new_ford_focus.pdf

@sastley

This is what I’m worried about, he did say this is a new added extra for the 2020 ST Line-X 182PS model, my workmate in work has just picked up the exact same car as what I have just ordered this last week and he had LED headlights, I asked him did you select that as a option and he said no it just came with them.

Yeah I seen in the PDF brochure online that it states they come with halogen headlights, but it also doesn’t have the complete figures in there for the Focus ST so I thought it could possibly not have been updated yet.

thanks for the reply though mate. Much appreciated.

What is it you've ordered, an ST or an ST Line X?

I’ve got a 69 plate st line x. 

LED DRLs, halogen headlights. 

Only extra option was the adaptive LED headlights. If there was a cheaper standard (not adaptive) LEDs I’d have got them. 

U can’t believe everything in the ford brochures. I hope you get them, 2019/20 , full LEDs should be standard across the range. 

• Thanks 1

@Alex.S

yeah thats what I said to him, I said are you sure you don’t mean the daytime running lights and he said no its got LED DTR, LED dipped, but a halogen full beam.

I thought that for the money Im paying, yeah ok I use a ford privilege ticket on top and my OTR price is 23K, without the ticket its a 26-27K car and in my opinion LED headlights should be standard in that price range.

I hope I do too haha, thanks for the wishes mate.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AP1878 said:

@Alex.S

yeah thats what I said to him, I said are you sure you don’t mean the daytime running lights and he said no its got LED DTR, LED dipped, but a halogen full beam.

I thought that for the money Im paying, yeah ok I use a ford privilege ticket on top and my OTR price is 23K, without the ticket its a 26-27K car and in my opinion LED headlights should be standard in that price range.

I hope I do too haha, thanks for the wishes mate.

Mine was 27. Feckin yellow halogen headlights. At least I knew that’s what I was getting. Is it an automatic? What colour?

i really like mine, had it 6 months. Desert island blue 

@Alex.S

I know its rediculous at that price point :(. I will be honest the tickets ease the price abit, but not amazing, I’m still paying £300 a month for it.

I have to go back on Saturday to finalise the credit check ect; so I’m going to ask him again to make sure and to show me it in writing if possible. This is my second focus from them, so I wanted to spec it more to my liking, hopefully it is.

I went for the manual, if I wanted the automatic it was a 4 month wait because it would of been factory built. I did get the colour I wanted though I went for chrome blue, I do like the desert island blue, that will look very well in the summer mate.

• Like 2

Actually Adaptive LED's are an amazing piece of kit and worth the money but I agree that standard LED's should be on all models .Ford seem to be playing around on production vehicles until they get things right for them. Eg on mine all LED rear except indicators ,why when the front is all LED with the sequential indicators.They could easily have put an LED bulb in instead of tungsten

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alex.S said:

I’ve got a 69 plate st line x. 

LED DRLs, halogen headlights. 

Only extra option was the adaptive LED headlights. If there was a cheaper standard (not adaptive) LEDs I’d have got them. 

U can’t believe everything in the ford brochures. I hope you get them, 2019/20 , full LEDs should be standard across the range. 

I nearly bought this car recently... Full LED headlights and daytime running lights.

If the option wasn't available to you, perhaps they just offered you most expensive option (adaptive) thinking you'll take it and get bigger sale?

EJ19MVW-used-FORD-FOCUS-DIESEL-ESTATE-1.5-EcoBlue-120-ST-Line-X-5dr-Auto-diesel-RED-2019-DC1-HH-M-01.jpg

9 hours ago, sastley said:

Not as far as I'm aware.
Sounds like the salesman (and Manager) have told a porkie. Did he not go through the brochure with you? The different options are set out quite well and after looking at it in the brochure, it is very easy to distinguish each option based on the layout of the light.

There are 2 options on top of the standard with regards to headlights on the ST Line X:

- Halogen headlights with LED daytime running lights (Standard)
- LED Headlights with LED daytime running lights (Option 1)
- Adaptive Front Lighting system with dynamic LED Headlights, glare-free high beam and LED sequential turn indicators (Option 2)

See page 25 of the brochure here:
https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/uk/documents/brochures/cars/BRO-new_ford_focus.pdf

And each one of the two LED options on the ST-Line X still do not give you LED rear lights AFAIK

• Like 1

Aye, if VAG cars can manage it pretty.much across the entire range even the cheaper ones,.why can't Ford?

• Like 1

If it helps, I've just taken delivery of a MY2020 St-Line X and it has LED dipped lights (very bright white) and halogen main beams.  This was a standard option.  I don't think the rear lights are LED though.

I agree with Guy though, it does seem a bit of a scrimp.  More and more cars are coming with full LED as standard now.

Having said that, the dipped LEDs are so good I don't really need main beam much!  The only thing they help with is the illumination of road signs further away in the distance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@excession_ocp

Yes mate thats the information I was looking for, really happy that you have said that, that is what they told me at the dealership, they said it was a new addition to the 2020 ST Line-X.

Just put a smile on my face, much appreciated mate. 

3 minutes ago, AP1878 said:

@excession_ocp

Yes mate thats the information I was looking for, really happy that you have said that, that is what they told me at the dealership, they said it was a new addition to the 2020 ST Line-X.

Just put a smile on my face, much appreciated mate. 

Glad to be of help mate 🙂

I’m glad people are getting the LED headlights now but my car was built 7 months ago. Where’s my LEDs ? 

My 69 plate costs the same as a 20 plate. 

4 hours ago, sastley said:

I nearly bought this car recently... Full LED headlights and daytime running lights.

If the option wasn't available to you, perhaps they just offered you most expensive option (adaptive) thinking you'll take it and get bigger sale?

Edited by Alex.S
Just read the 2 options comment

I wasn’t offered option 1 , is it possible Ford have moved the goal posts? (Again) 

47 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I’m glad people are getting the LED headlights now but my car was built 7 months ago. Where’s my LEDs ? 

My 69 plate costs the same as a 20 plate. 

Yeah it sucks, I fell foul of the whole "incremental update" thing on a Golf I used to have - mine didn't come with front fogs as standard, if I'd bought it four weeks later it would have done.  It's the manufacturer's way of staying relevant against the competition without having to go down the facelift route, but it does suck for previous owners.  I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the next year or so the Focus gets a digital dash as standard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@excession_ocp

Guarantee that will be the next thing, full virtual cockpit will be the newly added extra. You are right in what your saying it saves them from putting money into development to release a facelift, to be honest I dont even think they have got ideas what to facelift on the focus that would make people think “Yeah I need to upgrade”. Only reason Im doing it is because Im sick of the 1 litre engine in my current ST Line focus. Things got no pull in it.

So this dipped led, halogen main, is this what the Vignale had as standard?

I'm not surprised with what Ford are doing, they were never going to fully load a brand new model.

LED is great but I really want a proper hybrid in the Focus, with the equivalent of around 200bhp.

So it looks like Ford has done to the Focus what it has done to the Fiesta, that is to replace the Halogen H7 in the dipped headlights with an LED H7.

That means you should easily be able to upgrade to a decent H7 LED without having to buy Chinese junk that flashes or blinds people.

8 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

That means you should easily be able to upgrade to a decent H7 LED without having to buy Chinese junk that flashes or blinds people.

I started a thread re this. Thanks Dave, you’ve answered my question!  If it’s easily done it usually means it’s not expensive . Obviously the headlight units are nearly new , what’s involved in changing the bulbs

Lease company is not allowing it. Stuck with the yellow headlights. If there was any justice I’d have full LEDs and multi link. Oh well