Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Coronavirus-A Light Hearted Thread

Turvey

17 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Phew! I wonder why from March 30th and not lockdown? Mine was booked in next week a month in advance but it could just as easily have needed doing this month!?

It says they must still keep their car in a roadworthy condition.

My screen is cracked, i.e. not roadworthy, but now Autoglass can't replace it, I assume police won't worry about enforcing things like that for now, I don't have a choice but to use my car to at least get food shopping.

10 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It says they must still keep their car in a roadworthy condition.

My screen is cracked, i.e. not roadworthy, but now Autoglass can't replace it, I assume police won't worry about enforcing things like that for now, I don't have a choice but to use my car to at least get food shopping.

Don't you do online shopping anyway lol?

I've had cracked screens for months, you'd have to be really unlucky to get stopped for it!

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Don't you do online shopping anyway lol?

I've had cracked screens for months, you'd have to be really unlucky to get stopped for it!

I used to do online shopping, it's fully booked as far ahead as it lets you pick, so I'm back to having to visit shops.

Just worried about it getting worse that's all. Wouldn't be so worried if it was on passengers side.

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

I used to do online shopping, it's fully booked as far ahead as it lets you pick, so I'm back to having to visit shops.

Just worried about it getting worse that's all. Wouldn't be so worried if it was on passengers side.

Is it in your vision?  (Can't remember if you posted a pic!)  When I cracked the Mk2.5 screen I was worried about it growing but it never did...heated screen on every cold morning and at least 3 speed bumps a day etc...  Obviously some do grow but not all so just try to ignore it for now. :smile: 

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Is it in your vision?  (Can't remember if you posted a pic!)  When I cracked the Mk2.5 screen I was worried about it growing but it never did...heated screen on every cold morning and at least 3 speed bumps a day etc...  Obviously some do grow but not all so just try to ignore it for now. :smile: 

Yeah it's right in front of the steering wheel, my normal eyeline is just across the top of it, I only look through/passed it to look at road 20m or so in front of car or going uphill.

It's definitely crept longer than when it happened, I've kept the heaters off just in case, at least it's getting warmer now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Milkman said:

Are locksmiths key workers?

This post hadn't got the reactions it deserves!

I must have been slow this morning, read this and genuinely thought 'hmm, I don't remember seeing them on the list'...3 hours later I've just realised!! :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I got it right away but couldn't be arsed to bite.

Sent from my SM-G965F

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

I got it right away but couldn't be arsed to bite.

Sent from my SM-G965F

I didn't get it until now!! :laugh:

Good thing I didn't post a serious response.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My neighbours have taken the whole 12 ft distance thing a bit too serious 

20200325_183943.thumb.jpg.33a7e7e2325d6bf3313626e0c2f8cdd1.jpg

• Haha 1

So who watches Netflix ? Who doesn't these days!

Search for the mini series 'My Secret, Terrius' ?

When you've found it, go to s1 - Episode 10 and skip to 53 minutes and watch it for a few minutes, bear in mind this series was done in 2018, I was pretty shocked to watch it.

They predicted about the Coronavirus.....unreal.

The world has been waiting for something like this to happen again because it's repeatedly happened in the past. The last one was Spanish Flu and there will be more again in future.

The Government have instructed Dyson to manufacture and supply 10,000 respirators for hospitals. Seems like they are going to suck the virus out of people.

29 minutes ago, Milkman said:

The Government have instructed Dyson to manufacture and supply 10,000 respirators for hospitals. Seems like they are going to suck the virus out of people.

That's as good a plan as any!!!

1 hour ago, Milkman said:

Ding dong!!! Where do they attach the hose????😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

If the hose were to be attached to where I think you were thinking, it would need to be blow, not suck!

As if Corona virus wasn't enough, I hear the NHS staff are getting the clap at 8pm as well! 😮

• Like 1

I ordered Chinese there. Wee Chinese driver comes to door and I walked out to meet him. He started shouting isolate isolate. I said mate your not that late I only ordered 25mins ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Does getting some microfibre cloths constitute essential shopping? Essential I clean and polish the car for my sanity over next few weeks at home 

32 minutes ago, iantt said:

Does getting some microfibre cloths constitute essential shopping? Essential I clean and polish the car for my sanity over next few weeks at home 

Could be used as an improvised mask 🤷‍♂️

I went to Tesco for baby wipes yesterday to clean the rails of drivers seat 

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/115717-rusty-seat-rail-repair/

This little project is keeping me saine; although I'm still working and working more hours now because there down a few people due to the virus and them being classed as "high risk" due to underlined conditions. 

I did quite a few jobs in the garden, so for a change it's the turn for the car to get some attention today. 

I'm also signing up to the NHS voluntary service today. 

• Like 3