Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Coronavirus-A Light Hearted Thread

Turvey

The Countryman's answer to the lack of bog paper.

• Haha 1

[mention=28494]Stoney871[/mention] you've been spotted at ASDA! 
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1875537615911057&id=727823220682508
Is it the asda near the Iranian embassy?
Looks like a bit of a walt to me, he's wearing SAS assaulter kit ffs.
Seriously though, we are issued kit like that but not abseil rigs, bit over the top tbh. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G965F

• Haha 2

I went through my food cupboard last night in order to make a bit of room for tinned and dry food, came across a cardboard container with a plastic lid, Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate, looked okay and smelt okay so I boiled up the kettle, put a couple of teaspoons full in a mug and a bit of milk and made a mug full, tasted just fine, use by date on the bottom was 10/04.

Also found a 'Tartan Shortbread' 4 inch biscuit tin which was half full of Macaroni, that looked and smelt fine as well so I boiled up a cupful and had it with a little tomato ketchup, a nice little meal. Don't know what the best before or use by date was as it was loose in the tin, my mother must have put it in the tin and kept in the cupboard, would of asked her but she's been dead for  25 years!

• Haha 4

Speaking of food 

I don't like taking these vouchers out of the glovebox at the weekend and throwing them in the bin as all these places are now closed and the vouchers will have expired by the time they re-open 

All the lovely food I missed out on subway, Burger King and McDonald's even missed out on a no obligation free coffee, just hand in the voucher free coffee no obligation to buy anything like there ya go sir enjoy 😥

20200330_100859.thumb.jpg.811f234f7df2e0b9ba979a100bfd99cd.jpg

• Sad 2

I think you have actually had a lucky escape there Lenny not being able to redeem those vouchers, think of all the weight you've avoided putting on by consuming all that unhealthy processed rubbish and possibly a heart attack or stroke as well, your arteries will thank you for that. The advert on the TV by a certain burger chain was actually true when they said that their product was full of O's, nose O's, ear O's and bum O's.

It is a real misconception that burgers contain ears, noses and a*holes.
I worked for a couple of years in an abbatoir and can conclusively state that these types of tissue DO NOT enter the human food chain in any form.
Any non human edible bits are either processed for pet food, colloids (greases, gelatins or lubricating mediums) or destroyed.
I was told many years ago that burgers contained feathers, again absolute tosh.
Being a qualified Master Butcher in a previous life I know what goes into the human food chain and trust me when I say that while in truth there are some items that enter the food chain that don't look particularly appetising at the start, they are all safe and legal and could not be otherwise.
Obviously can't vouch for some other (less evolved) countries.

Sent from my SM-G965F

• Like 2

We used to be able to buy offal, ox tails, heart, liver, tripe, tongue, kidney at one time, most of it now goes in the bin, it used to be exported to third World Countries as well. Sausages of all sorts and types used to have real skins, processed entrails, you used to be able to use every part of a pig apart from it's squeal, make braun from its head, including the ears, people even baulk at the thought of eating pigs trotters nowadays! Fried pigs brains on toast, delicious. As a farmer for many decades and my father before me, I've eaten a lot of things that would make a lot of people urge now, real food and very nutritious, far better than all the processed rubbish and junk that the majority consume now, I'm sure that's where all these allergies and cancers come from.

• Like 1

Some indie Butchers still do the old style items but very rare in Supermarkets.
I nearly cry when I see the price of ox tail in Sainsburys, cooked into a proper stew it's delicious.
Roasted ox cheek is excellent.
I still make my own brawn occasionally and used to enjoy curing my own hams, ox tongue and pickling brisket to make basically pastrami.
Never personally liked tripe or chitlings but used to sell loads in the shops.
You've never had better chips unless cooked in fresh dripping, used to do pans of the stuff too.
Supermarket 'Butchers' have probably never seen a real side of beef or a pig or lamb carcass let alone processed them, to them all meat comes vacuum packed on pallets.
I was taught by a real old time Master Butcher in a shop that used to have it's own mini abbatoir attached.
Everything was as fresh as possible and I used to take great pride on laying out a window display and dressing whole lamb and pigs for display.
Grandfather was a Master Butcher and he used to breed his own poultry and rabbits for his shop & his displays were a wonder to behold.
Nowadays people don't want to see where their food comes from, they just want to open a packet and cram it down their necks with no thought to it's origin.

Sent from my SM-G965F

• Like 2

People are just beginning to wake up to the fact that meat should be hung for a while for the meat to relax and mature, beef for at least 21 days, poultry for a week, lamb/mutton for 2 weeks, pork only until the carcass is 'firm'. Up until the time we all had to have a license to slaughter we used to kill and butcher all our own feeding family and close relations.

• Like 2

Back on topic please, start a new thread if you want to discuss this sort of thing 😉

• Like 4

On 3/28/2020 at 5:15 PM, TomsFocus said:

I think Clive might be on a black ops mission 😂

On 3/29/2020 at 5:40 PM, TomsFocus said:

Screenshot_20200329-172756.thumb.png.73fd232c36e41a37189ba63f8a5b2c2a.png

Can relate here. I personally don't like to know what social activities my friends are doing as I'll just start to compare myself to them even though I'm happy the way I am. If this thing didn't happen that made me depressed I'd be really enjoying myself now 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

1854ba5661830b.jpg

A reminder to us all "The struggle is Real" 

• Haha 1

I do like being lucky enough to be able to surprise my older brother with a delivery of groceries, cigarettes & alcohol; he lives almost 190 miles away from me and doesn't drive, 

There is a huge back log on home delivery though so he wont get it today or tomorrow but I'm glad I was lucky enough financially to share some things,

I was asked to work right through easter weekend which is a bit of overtime; so last night so I logged on to Tesco and ordered a delivery to his house because I know he is out of work at the moment, my work next weekend will recuperate the extra spend.

I have only saw him once in the past two years and haven't spoken much were an odd family that way, we were never brought up to be close or celebrate each others birthday 🤷‍♂️ although I'm different with my kids and enjoy a close family and we encourage them to care for each other.

He lives with his girlfriend and works for himself has no children but I remember the day he thought me to cycle without stabilizers and the first day he took me for a fast drive in his first car, 

He was always a character and a hard worker but also fond of the party lifestyle which I'm sure is tough at the moment since nowhere is open. But I learned alot of Positive things and negative things from his care free attitude.

I provided a variety of items in Shopping the usual stuff; but one particular was a packet of haribo Jelly's as when I was a kid going to the shop on my bicycle, he would always ask me to get him some penny sweets 😅

I suppose we all have busy lives and theres never really a tiebreaker for everyone to stop and do that something they had planned for a while or to reach out to someone whom made a difference to us,

I don't like Christmas anymore I celebrate santa for our kids but after that it's a terrible time and I wouldn't put Christmas on others as they may not like it neither and prefer to ignore it which I fully understand, plus it's a time of year which one would expect something because its the done thing which they may not feel that it was truly ment. 

My mother used to visit him before lock down but shes now self isolating from everyone to best avoid getting the virus as she has alot of underlined conditions. 

Overall the guy was there to boost my morale during difficult times when I was growing up and I'm glad to be in a position now where although I'm putting myself at risk I'm still in employment which I'm sincerely grateful for as I'm playing a part in creating a vaccine, as result it has made me able to return a boost of morale during a difficult time in all our lives. 

Thanks to science and technology for keeping me in work and technology to allow me shop for groceries in a place almost 200 miles away, not sure why I'm sharing this here 🤷‍♂️ what significance is has I don't think any but I'm content having done some good, if I should contract the virus I'm content that I returned a warm feeling.

• Like 3

First sign of spring after the clocks changes 

And everybody in Tesco looks like there going home to sand the Decking 🤷‍♂️ 

Masks and everything ready to go  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club