Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Coronavirus-A Light Hearted Thread

Turvey

10 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I do like being lucky enough to be able to surprise my older brother with a delivery of groceries, cigarettes & alcohol; he lives almost 190 miles away from me and doesn't drive, 

There is a huge back log on home delivery though so he wont get it today or tomorrow but I'm glad I was lucky enough financially to share some things,

I was asked to work right through easter weekend which is a bit of overtime; so last night so I logged on to Tesco and ordered a delivery to his house because I know he is out of work at the moment, my work next weekend will recuperate the extra spend.

I have only saw him once in the past two years and haven't spoken much were an odd family that way, we were never brought up to be close or celebrate each others birthday 🤷‍♂️ although I'm different with my kids and enjoy a close family, 

He lives with his girlfriend and works for himself has no children but I remember the day he thought me to cycle without stabilizers and the first day he took me for a fast drive in his first car, he was always a character and found of the party lifestyle which I'm sure is tough at the moment since nowhere is open. But I learned alot of Positive things and negative things from his care free attitude.

I provided a variety of items in Shopping the usual stuff; but one particular was a packet of haribo Jelly's as when I was a kid going to the shop on my bicycle, he would always ask me to get him some penny sweets 😅

I suppose we all have busy lives and theres never really a tiebreaker for everyone to stop and do that something they had planned for a while or to reach out to someone whom made a difference to us, I don't like Christmas anymore I celebrate santa for our kids but after that it's a terrible time and I wouldn't put Christmas on others as they may not like it neither and prefer to ignore it which I understand, plus it's a time of year which one would expect something because its the done thing which they may not feel that it was truly ment. 

Overall the guy was there to boost my morale during difficult times when I was growing up and I'm glad to be in a position now where although I'm putting myself at risk I'm still in employment which I'm sincerely grateful for, as result it has made me able to return a boost of morale during a difficult time in all our lives. 

Thanks to science and technology for keeping me in work and technology to allow me shop for groceries in a place almost 200 miles away, not sure why I'm sharing this here 🤷‍♂️ what significance is has I don't think any but I'm content having done some good. 

It certainly is a good feeling to help others.  Hats off to you Lenny :thumbup1:

• Like 2

Can anyone help?

I'm looking to download a new version of 2020, as the 3 month trial had a virus. Does anyone know where I can find a new version??

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, Jim H said:

Can anyone help?

I'm looking to download a new version of 2020, as the 3 month trial had a virus. Does anyone know where I can find a new version??

Have you tried switching it off and back on again? 🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

If not then Avast might work!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Before the lockdown I was getting 20 MPG...

Now I'm getting 2 weeks per gallon 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Yeah, at our rate of use in our house hold and being a genourous 4 miles a day( have to visit from a 2 metre distance and drop food off to elderly parents ) we will be ok for fuel for 42 weeks. Lol ( got 3 cars full on the driveway. ) 

3 hours ago, Incontro said:

I still travel to work, my mpg has improved, by a few mpgs, due to lack of traffic. Actually, I've set myself a challenge, do drive to (or home from) the 20 miles, through a town, without stopping at traffic lights (complete stop).  I've nearly done it, but not completely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iantt said:

Yeah, at our rate of use in our house hold and being a genourous 4 miles a day( have to visit from a 2 metre distance and drop food off to elderly parents ) we will be ok for fuel for 42 weeks. Lol ( got 3 cars full on the driveway. ) 

Must be nice to be able to pick and choose a car to drive depending on your mood lol

• Like 1

I still travel to work, my mpg has improved, by a few mpgs, due to lack of traffic. Actually, I've set myself a challenge, do drive to (or home from) the 20 miles, through a town, without stopping at traffic lights (complete stop).  I've nearly done it, but not completely.

I can drive for miles without stopping at any red lights.
Admittedly the blue lights on my car do help [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, Stoney871 said:

I can drive for miles without stopping at any red lights.
Admittedly the blue lights on my car do help emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G965F

In regards to "not stopping" I've noticed a few road users assuming there the only one permitted on the road these days during the lockdown.

Had two almost pull out from junctions without checking atall 😲😬

3 hours ago, iantt said:

Your petrol will be off by then!  😲

• Haha 1

Your petrol will be off by then!  [emoji44]
It'll turn back into fossils [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G965F

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Incontro said:

Must be nice to be able to pick and choose a car to drive depending on your mood lol

Mmm, really? Mk5 Mondeo, fiesta 1.0 ecoboost or  Peter the Peugeot 107 !! 

What moods would you associate with each of those

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

It'll turn back into fossils emoji28.png

Sent from my SM-G965F

The fuel or me? 🤔🤔

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, iantt said:

I'll take the 107 😂. Fun car to drive unless you come across a idiot who wants to get in front of everyone 

The fuel or me? [emoji848][emoji848]
Could be both [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F

• Haha 2

I've been visiting my elderly parents" from a safe  distance " to deliver food etc and check they ok every few days. When I visit they often give me some books for my partner to read once they have read them. I don't think this book I was given was thought through given my partner is in the health profession ( palliative care) 

But it did make my partner laugh

15859908556041284615085.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, iantt said:

I've been visiting my elderly parents" from a safe  distance " to deliver food etc and check they ok every few days. When I visit they often give me some books for my partner to read once they have read them. I don't think this book I was given was thought through given my partner is in the health profession ( palliative care) 

But it did make my partner laugh

15859908556041284615085.jpg

At least she took it the right way! :ohmy:

• Like 1

I've just gotten the Xtrons tv tuner officially operating in the car 

Which will make my self isolating work breaks a bit more comfortable 😅

Installed it around five years ago but never fitted the aerials because it wasn't somthing that I had much use for really at the time of fitting,

I had only bought and fitted it to the car back when I had everything stripped out to install a full aftermarket headunit and speaker system,

Only now that I'll be spending more time sitting in the car that it would be nice to have operating; also has pause & record lol wired to permanent live and ignition live which allows it to wake up and record if required.

Hopefully I can get some channels in the carpark at work 

20200404_160347.thumb.jpg.ce677bd90ed9a36392eb76d00e9806d2.jpg

20200404_161302.thumb.jpg.edaf358912de05f18b2de920d3741a0e.jpg

20200404_161201.thumb.jpg.a4c44943662ed6c7897fc609bd6473e7.jpg

20200404_161447.thumb.jpg.69958072de40c90af38a9d84335dbdcc.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/3/2020 at 8:17 PM, iantt said:

Middle aged family man's car clint eastwood or james bond worthy car, boy racer, and female hairdresser 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Incontro said:

Middle aged family man's car clint eastwood or james bond worthy car, boy racer, and female hairdresser 😂

I never had a hairdryer in my 107 🤐

• Like 1

I never had a hairdryer in my 107 [emoji850]
A 107 is a hairdryer [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965F

• Haha 4

Well the hairdryer is the next one I'm going to use on Monday when I have to do the shopping and go deliver food to my parents . Needs a bit of a run to charge the battery up. Obviously I will have to put the back seats down to get shopping in boot space and my hairdressing kit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club