Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Coronavirus-A Light Hearted Thread

Turvey

I'm getting fed up of seeing that 99 year old walking around his garden...

What better way to add more strain to the NHS and risk catching Corona from a hospital visit by over-exerting immediately after a hospital discharge!  🤦‍♂️  Honestly expecting him to keel over at any moment every time it comes on...  :unsure: 

Fund raisers always annoy me anyway though.  Did these people not realise the NHS existed before?  If you want to give some money to a good cause then just do it and stop these people running around in circles wasting 'news' time! :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

What better way to add more strain to the NHS and risk catching Corona from a hospital visit by over-exerting immediately after a hospital discharge!  🤦‍♂️  Honestly expecting him to keel over at any moment every time it comes on...  :unsure: 

Fund raisers always annoy me anyway though.  Did these people not realise the NHS existed before?  If you want to give some money to a good cause then just do it and stop these people running around in circles wasting 'news' time! :rolleyes: 

Someone woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning, lol.

I think it's great what the old boy has done, he's spread out his laps over a long period, he hasn't done 100 in 1 day. Providing he doesn't over exert himself, keeping active will be good for his health.

He's a war veteran, praising the NHS as the soldiers/war heroes of today, and raising £12m in the process. 🙂

• Like 4

I dont like the editors choice of photo here for the headline 

20200415_171418.thumb.jpg.69a37a115ced97b599c0de4482436258.jpg

• Like 1

What better way to add more strain to the NHS and risk catching Corona from a hospital visit by over-exerting immediately after a hospital discharge!  [emoji2357]  Honestly expecting him to keel over at any moment every time it comes on...  unsure.png 
Fund raisers always annoy me anyway though.  Did these people not realise the NHS existed before?  If you want to give some money to a good cause then just do it and stop these people running around in circles wasting 'news' time! rolleyes.gif 
I think what he is doing is brave and selfless and I support him 100%.
This guy is showing up all the thankless snowflakes that pollute the world and demonstrating the pure mettle generally lacking in society now.
His generation moulded the world we live in now and protected the right to free speech we all enjoy, please don't belittle his noble efforts.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I have to agree with the previous comments, this guy is doing something amazing and selfless. It puts a lot of people to shame at the moment, people that can't even sit at home and do absolutely nothing.

• Like 5

Captain Tom's doctors probably told him post hip operation, to do as much exercise as possible so Tom thought that he would take advantage of the doctors advice and raise some money for the NHS to show his appreciation of the care he received thinking that a grand would do a lot of good but has ended up raising 12M and still counting, such has been the public response and generosity. If it were anyone else half his age the amount raised would probably be more like 1K, that's of course if they were bothered to get up off their butt and do what Tom did! He deserves a Knighthood for his effort and further recognition for contributing more funding to the NHS that the Government would! Nothing light hearted about this.

• Like 3

I think 13 million pounds is pretty impressive for one 99 year old Veteran to raise.
A life lesson for us all I believe.
I salute you Sir.

b4625343e422c708c90ac5cd9eb9e3e2.jpg

• Like 8

13 million is a huge amount 

I've chosen to switch off from the news for the past few days so I'm only seeing the elderly guy now;

Fair play to him, It must have no it has to has to have taken a hell of alot out of him, I'm not elderly yet myself but I did fracture my pelvis a few years ago and I know the recovery was very painful to get moving which allows me to sort of relate with the elderly a bit when it comes to challenging limits, not atall taking away from what the guy has done just saying a huge respect 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I know what you mean in principle Tom, a lot of these people should have donated regardless, but I do think when you read the details of who he is and what he is doing it is remarkable.  God bless him.

• Like 1

@dezwez haven't saw you post anything in a few weeks mate,

Just thought I'd call you out on here to see if your keeping well which I hope you are mate 👍

• Like 1

Yes mate iam good thanks for asking how's your dad doing.

21 minutes ago, dezwez said:

Yes mate iam good thanks for asking how's your dad doing.

Thanks mate,

Was talking to my mother today; whom is self isolating she said Hes still very weak but they said hes improving, 

There separated 15 years ya see; and his good time girl is polish and well like most; when it siuts them to do it they say "my english not eh very eh good" 

So I don't how you say bother my hole ringing her 😂 

Apparently she has it now too though which is alright by me because when he passes on she will be in terminal two like John Denver leaving on a Jet plane with a suitcase full of money. 

"Adios" which ironically was the name of Glenn Campbell's last album before dementia 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Thanks mate,

Was talking to my mother today; whom is self isolating she said Hes still very weak but they said hes improving, 

There separated 15 years ya see; and his good time girl is polish and well like most; when it siuts them to do it they say "my english not eh very eh good" 

So I don't how you say bother my hole ringing her 😂 

Apparently she has it now too though which is alright by me because when he passes on she will be in terminal two like John Denver leaving on a Jet plane with a suitcase full of money. 

"Adios" which ironically was the name of Glenn Campbell's last album before dementia 

lol glad to hear from you stay safe mate👍

• Thanks 1

ejn9ub78art41.thumb.jpg.ca37f72649f024d23120311752f584ae.jpg

a bit dark comedy but still remember social distance for Jaysus Sake 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Lenny said:

ejn9ub78art41.thumb.jpg.ca37f72649f024d23120311752f584ae.jpg

a bit dark comedy but still remember social distance for Jaysus Sake 

untitled 1.jpg

• Haha 2

Captain Tom's total is now in the region of 23 Million but I think now it's gone one step too far with that egotesticle 'look at me I'm famous' prat Michael Ball (can't stand the guy) jumping on the bandwagon recording a version of 'You'll Never Walk Alone', the only one that's going to get anything out of that is Gerry Marsden in Royalties.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, eddie eastwood said:

qrntne trafficmajorgeeks3.jpg

LOL  👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eddie eastwood said:

! a l 2 social d majorgeeks.jpg

LOL 

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

LOL  👍

Our next door neighbour wrote off her Mazda 3 last Sunday morning in a similar fashion 

Think there the only one on the road,

Alot of people just pulling out from junctions these days, I'm luvky enough to be still driving daily and see it alot 

On 4/16/2020 at 7:50 PM, Lenny said:

13 million is a huge amount 

I've chosen to switch off from the news for the past few days so I'm only seeing the elderly guy now;

Fair play to him, It must have no it has to has to have taken a hell of alot out of him, I'm not elderly yet myself but I did fracture my pelvis a few years ago and I know the recovery was very painful to get moving which allows me to sort of relate with the elderly a bit when it comes to challenging limits, not atall taking away from what the guy has done just saying a huge respect 

I don't mean to make fun out of elderly people but this made me laugh 😂. Old people doing burnouts 

There are drivers that currently think that they are the only one on the road and are driving like maniacs and some loose it. In my location I have to travel 3 miles in 2 directions and 6 miles in another on narrow single track roads to get to a main two track B road and these narrow roads  are even worse for speeders, if you meet them, all stops and when they eventually find reverse gear, of which some don't even know if their car has a reverse gear, when you pass them at a passing place and ask them to slow down, they quote that the National speed limit on roads other than the motorways is 60mph you then have to remind them that if they hit another vehicle coming in the opposite direction on a blind corner or a tractor emerging from a field driving at that speed, their chance of survival is minimal to nil so if they wish to see another day 25mph plenty enough.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club