Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dual Tone Horn

DavesEdge

So the other day on way home from work an 1d1ot driver decides to pull out on me (as if my car not big enough to see, clear weather conditions, during daylight, and I always have my DRL on), causing me sound warning (horn) only to find out that one of the tones has stopped working.

Now horn sounds like duck on steroids.

I had this couple of years ago and fixed whilst car under warranty. I was told then that the horns had become unreliable as FMC were getting a lot of faults with them.

Just wondering if anyone else has had horn problems. Also wondering if can get repaired under warranty as warranty repair has now failed.

Happy motoring

Dave

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

My first port of call would be back to the dealer to get it changed again, as the issue occurred whilst you were under warranty it may still be covered.

If the dealer says no, before you commit to buying a new horn again, contact Ford customer services and see if they will give you any support.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Ford Customer Relations now on case. Have been assigned a case manager. Makes it sound a bit like csa, csi, etc.

Let's see what they make of it all, as I also brought up the subject of ongoing TPMS problems still outstanding from warranty period, that said warranty should still cover, that I want sorted.

Happy motoring

Dave

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Update on horn issue, had another blind driver pull out on me, again I had to press my horn, and to my surprise both tones now working again, (car has not been in yet to get checked due to ongoing pandemic). So now I am not sure whether to pursue my horn issue, or drop it.
The TPMS issue is still ongoing (though), so I do plan to follow up on this.

Stay safe

Happy motoring

Dave

Had drivers pull out in front of me when I had blue lights and sirens on, some drivers shouldn't be on the roads!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had drivers pull out in front of me when I had blue lights and sirens on, some drivers shouldn't be on the roads!
Hi All

I tend to echo those thoughts from time to time.

Stay safe

Happy motoring

Dave

Be careful Dave, mine went between one tone and two, then suddenly no horn at all.

• 2 months later...

My two tone horn became a mono pap pap last week..

Got it into the fraud dealers yesterday and it was replaced under warranty

Now back to paaaaarp  

No reason to describe them as fraud dealers then.

H

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Hamster said:

No reason to describe them as fraud dealers then.

H

I have to agree. It’s something that annoys me about comments suggesting the dealers rip off the owners. If folk feel that way, go to an independent trader to get their car fixed. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My horn failed on low tone at 15 months. Replacement failed completely at 25 months, by which time it was out of warranty (72k).

Dealer said no deal, Ford CRC said book it in to your dealer to investigate. I said why? They've just seen it.

Bought an air horn and fitted that instead. Much better.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Update on Tpms issues. Car went in couple of three weeks ago, dealer said no faults found. Ford Customer Relations asked me my thoughts, I said I was 99% certainfault still present.
On trip to Norwich last week, had Tpms fault 9 times in one day.
Car going in 5 October for more checks.

Stay safe

Happy motoring

Dave

Hi All

Hopefully final post on TPMS issue.
Car went in last Monday (5 Oct).
I sort of passed/threw fault pictures at them, thinking that it will be no fault found again.
To my surprise, some 5 hours later, got a message - fault confirmed, traced back to O/S/R sensor. Faulty sensor replaced.

So far all ok and hopefully will stay that way. Only took dealers 4.5 years to get sorted, but sorted it appears to be.
As fault reported during warranty and still not repaired once warranty expired, repair was covered under the original warranty.
Horns have been behaving themselves so far, since they seemed to sort themselves out.

Stay safe

Happy motoring

Dave

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club