Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Focus - Mobile Apps / Ford App Catalogue

sastley

Hi everyone - Just after a bit of help!

No matter what I try, I cannot get the apps installed on my Android phone to appear on the Mobile Apps section of the Sync 3 system. I've tried it paired with Bluetooh and plugged in via USB. Tried pressing "Find Mobile Apps" but it never finds anything (Apart from FordPass)

Looking at the small amount of available apps here, one I would really like to get working is Acast. 

Does anyone have this set up and working? Is it even possible in the UK? Or does anyone have any suggestions what to try?

Thank you!

I use Acast and it can be a bit flaky sometimes, but in general works OK. What I have found is that if it's not showing at all then install another sync app such as Cityseeker , this seems to sort it out for some reason.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark-UK said:

I use Acast and it can be a bit flaky sometimes, but in general works OK. What I have found is that if it's not showing at all then install another sync app such as Cityseeker , this seems to sort it out for some reason.

Cheers Mark, I'll give that a try! 😊

you Should be able to get all your compatible apps on sync thru Android auto. 

2 hours ago, sastley said:

small amount of available apps here,

Good link. Waze is the only app I have out of them. Wasn’t aware of the rest. 

I find sometimes that the apps drop off the system if not used for a while, usually due to them going in to hibernation on your phone.
I occasionally start the apps and shut them down before going to the car and then they tend to show just fine.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

sorry old post but yeah you need to enable applink in the acast settings

the real reason i post is i was wondering if anyone else finds it flaky. also there are very few applink apps (was expecting more than 12 :/)

on my acast the screen jumps around all over the place and goes blank etc

also my old ipod touch is playing up on sync 3 (has no issues with it in any other car)

pretty disappointing. going to just look at getting android auto up and running, everything else has been pants for me

Hi guys, trying to find a topic on new ford sync. Can you download the latest version of sync with the deep blue colour, I have 2019 focus titanium x and only came with sync 3. Does anyone know?

On 2/26/2022 at 8:56 PM, AntonyMichael said:

Hi guys, trying to find a topic on new ford sync. Can you download the latest version of sync with the deep blue colour, I have 2019 focus titanium x and only came with sync 3. Does anyone know?

The Deep blue you mention is probably just night mode of Sync3.4

Check out HERE for any updates available for your ford (will update everything available to you based on your current system)

On 2/26/2022 at 8:56 PM, AntonyMichael said:

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club