Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2.0 TDCi help

dtulip8

Hi all,

I currently drive a 1.0 Ecoboost Fiesta, however, my summer job is courier based and requires a lot of driving. As such, I am likely to exceed the mileage limit on the Fiesta and so was thinking of giving it back to my Dad and going back to a Focus (also because the Fez is a bit small for me). I have found a lovely 2009 09 plate  2.0TDCi Titanium with the X pack, but just wanted to know whether it is likely to have a DPF? ETIS reckons it doesn't, and I know they were optional on the non-facelift and looking at others on ETIS it does say Stage IV+DPF for some. Just wanted clarification really as to what the DPF situation is, was there a point when they became standard and so ETIS won't show the +DPF on cars built after a certain date?

ETIS says build date is 14/07/2009

I'm 99% sure they were standard on Euro 5 cars.  So it's only the Euro 4 that say '+DPF' on ETIS.

I would expect a 2009 to have a DPF but it should be the more reliable coated DPF and need no Eolys fluid top up either.  Although obviously at 10 years old even a cDPF may need cleaning or replacement by now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm 99% sure they were standard on Euro 5 cars.  So it's only the Euro 4 that say '+DPF' on ETIS.

I would expect a 2009 to have a DPF but it should be the more reliable coated DPF and need no Eolys fluid top up either.  Although obviously at 10 years old even a cDPF may need cleaning or replacement by now.

Thanks Tom, knew you’d have the knowledge! ETIS does say stage 4 emissions, so could be in the clear?

1 minute ago, dtulip8 said:

Thanks Tom, knew you’d have the knowledge! ETIS does say stage 4 emissions, so could be in the clear?

If it just says stage 4 then yeah, it shouldn't have a DPF!

• Like 1